• Announcements

    • Ducey

      To login use your Display Names opposed to their login names   18/03/17

      We have upgraded the forum!  To login use your Display Names opposed to their login names. The forum is not broken! If you cannot remember your Display name, please check the emails you have received from the forum.
    • kgbagent

      Forum Upgrade March 2017 - Hints, Tips and Complaints   19/03/17

      The forum is not down - just running very slowly due to the task of reindexing the millions of posts in the database due to an upgrade of the server software. Unfortunately it is difficult to predict how long this will take to complete so all BM's are implored to be patient. You can all help to speed this process by refraining from posting pointless stuff and please avoid uploading photos till it is finished.    Sometimes users are experiencing very slow page reads or error pages and this is caused by server load.    Please note that many of the old features are not available atm but this because they cannot be reinstated until the reindex is complete - so don't be too concerned about missing bits as yet. However .... please note any issues outside of this to this thread here where the Site Admins can then work out what needs to be reinstated when possible.   Current Progress as of 8pm Bangkok time 20 March 2017     Current Progress as of 2:30pm Bangkok time 21 March 2017     Current Progress as of 1:00pm Bangkok time 22 March 2017     Thank you for your patience and hopefully we can provide updates on progress 


Advanced Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About TinTin

  • Rank
    Pattaya Warrior

Contact Methods

  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Country
  1. Conjecture indeed, based on stories heard in bars.
  2. Personally 14 years extension of stay,called wrongly, but commonly "Retirement Visa" . Never saw it myself, only heard about it. Urban legends maybe.
  3. The Immigration offices are aware of this situation,therefore it's not rare they ask more detailed prooves of income to U.S.A. citizens,when these apply for a "Retirement Visa" based on income.
  4. Yes, but for a " Retirement Visa" he also will need money on a Thai bank book, as 1700 $ is about 60.000 ThB.
  5. "There is no single best option for all nationalities." Indeed,being 16÷ in Thailand,and having here a bank account,taking cash at an ATM with a foreign bank card,or even taking money inside the bank with a foreign CreditCard has the same cost as making a bank transfer from my home country to here in Thailand. With a transfer I get my money after 2-3 days,sometimes more,my bank works with a "between bank" in Germany.
  6. Kasikornthai : 220 27/02/17 11.06 a.m..
  7. Every country is different,and every bank in the country can have different policies and rates. For instance my bank in Belgium works with a correspondent bank in Germany,which of course take some fees,and make the procedure longer. You are of course right when you mention not to send ThB to Thailand but your local currency.
  8. Transfer from my Belgian bank to my Thai bank account is more expensive,sometimes equivalent, than using my Belgian bank card here at an ATM.Furthermore it takes 2-3 days, sometimes more with a transfer. When I visit Belgium,I take as much cash as possible from my Belgian account to change here in Thailand at SuperRich or equivalent.
  9. Went the 7th.February,for my "Retirement Visa",despite there were 8 people before me,I was out after 35 minutes. The 8th.February,went to pick up my passport,picture was taken,out after 5 minutes,the young lady Wai me and said :have a nice day Sir. Impressed.It was my 10th.Visa in a row.
  10. Austrian Consulate in Pattaya,one can use, if Austrian,Belgian,Dutch,German,Luxemburger,for a proof of income,use the current exchange rate next to the amount in Euro.
  11. www.gardenbeerbar.com +2 years there,before in Soi XZyte.
  12. Being a Belgian I not even come into consideration, as Belgium is not among the 14 countries. So, I suppose one can conclude, herewith, that the 1 year extension of stay will still be an option ( so far ).
  13. Indeed,and as mentioned here before,I also think there will be a very small quantity of expats who will put 3 million instead of 800 thousand on a bank account only to not have to go to immigration once a year for an extension of stay. But of course I can be wrong, or/and thinking too much.
  14. You better report it, however not sure they will worry about it. Take in consideration that it will take about 45 days to cash your cheque.