• Announcements

    • Ducey

      To login use your Display Names opposed to their login names   18/03/17

      We have upgraded the forum!  To login use your Display Names opposed to their login names. The forum is not broken! If you cannot remember your Display name, please check the emails you have received from the forum.
    • kgbagent

      Forum Upgrade March 2017 - Hints, Tips and Complaints   19/03/17

      The forum is not down - just running very slowly due to the task of reindexing the millions of posts in the database due to an upgrade of the server software. Unfortunately it is difficult to predict how long this will take to complete so all BM's are implored to be patient. You can all help to speed this process by refraining from posting pointless stuff and please avoid uploading photos till it is finished.    Sometimes users are experiencing very slow page reads or error pages and this is caused by server load.    Please note that many of the old features are not available atm but this because they cannot be reinstated until the reindex is complete - so don't be too concerned about missing bits as yet. However .... please note any issues outside of this to this thread here where the Site Admins can then work out what needs to be reinstated when possible.   Current Progress as of 8pm Bangkok time 20 March 2017     Current Progress as of 2:30pm Bangkok time 21 March 2017     Current Progress as of 1:00pm Bangkok time 22 March 2017     Thank you for your patience and hopefully we can provide updates on progress 


Advanced Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Livengood

  • Rank
    Advanced Pattaya Addict
  • Birthday 28/02/80

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Country
    United States
  1. You don't have to convert your current visa to the ED visa. The school will prepare all of the paperwork for you and then you have to leave the country and get to a Thai consulate to apply for the ED visa. The easiest and closest is in Laos. Its very hard to get a 12 month ED visa in Bangkok now, most schools will only offer 6 months but I was able to renew it for another six months. Before I lived in Bangkok, I stayed in Pattaya on a 12 month ED visa, its a lot easier to get 12 month visa from a school in Pattaya. You'll also have to go to immigration every 3 months and pay 1900 baht for a new 90 day stamp. The rules for theses visas have gotten a lot stricter recently, but mostly for people using them back to back to back. I think a person without any prior ED visas in their passport would not have a problem getting the visa.