Support our Sponsors >> Smooci - Escorts on Demand | M Club Pattaya | Heaven Gentleman's Club | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Pattaya Short Term Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Absolute Angels Bangkok | Pattaya Investigations | Spankys Bangkok | Australian Adult Video | Pimp Pad Pattaya | Babydolls Agogo |

>> DClub Agogo | WildCats Agogo | Max Performer | 100 Girls on Demand | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | HE Clinic Bangkok - because size does matter | Donating to the Forum | Agoda Pattaya Hotels | Add your Text here

  • Announcements

    • Ducey

      To login use your Display Names opposed to the old login names   18/03/17

      To login please now use your Display Names as opposed to the old login names. The forum is not broken! If you cannot remember your Display name, please check the emails you have received from the forum or send us a message using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.


Advanced Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Garf66

  • Rank
    Supreme Pattaya Addict
  • Birthday 16/06/66

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Country
    United Kingdom
  1. Thanks again mate for your assistance. I will add that i have had our marriage certificate translated into English this week already in case I need to use it.
  2. Hi there, I am certainly not ignoring your posts and i do thank you for both your time & effort. Every time I read the instructions on the embassy site i am more sure that I do not need a visa. The Spanish Embassy even sent me a visa application form which contains the following statement : Family members of EU/EEA/Spanish national Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, family members of an EU/EEA national in possession of a valid UK Residence Card specifying its condition as a family member do not require a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. Otherwise, a visa will be still required (Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009). For spouses or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies provided that the marriage or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original Libro de Familia). Please note, that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National. If not, a visa is required under the following conditions: Original documents and photocopies must be provided at the time of application. Please note that you will not be able to change the dates once the visa is issued. The visa processing time from the day the application arrives at the Consulate I thought I was fine & the only debatable point is "must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National" The wife's permit simply says spouse/partner and not family member although to me, it adds up to the same thing. However, I would be worried arguing the case at a customs point on arrival even though I believe I would be right. If time allows I will try for the tourist visa as I would be secure in mind when travelling.
  3. Good luck with that Dave, sure you will be fine. I am now awaiting an appointment for hopefully this coming week via the premium service. Otherwise as i travel in 5 weeks it will be too late & I will have to cancel the trip!
  4. I have emailed a copy of her visa & BRP to blsspainvisa and they have replied saying that we do need a visa. Also spoke to them on the phone & they confirmed this. Why they didn't say this when I first emailed them over a month ago i do not know!
  5. Had a couple of emails with Monarch and basically they were not sure of the rules and said to contact the Spanish Embassy. Got the impression they would let her on the plane in Manchester & then it would be up to the Spanish customs when we got there.
  6. Unfortunately the UK is not part of the "Border-free Schengen area" so this does not apply for me. I have just managed to speak to the Spanish Embassy and was told that i do need a visa for my wife to travel. Next problem is 4 weeks to process the visa after an appointment. Next appointment is March 29th though & I travel on April 10th. Premium service & I might get an appointment next week for an extra £60 on top of the visa fee of £62. I live in Manchester & have to travel to Edinburgh for the appointment too.
  7. Thank you Dave. That is exactly the point i was worried about. Her spouse visa says "Spouse/CP of G Smith" & BRP says "SPOUSE/PARTNER" So in effect it does say that she is the spouse of an EU National, just not the exact same wording. The email from the Spanish embassy did say a BRP or an endorsed visa, so the BRP card should be sufficient (I hope)!
  8. Just wondering if anyone has experience of taking their Thai wife from the UK to Spain or similar. I had originally been told that my wife would need a visa to visit Spain for a week’s holiday but I believe this now to no longer be the case. I am looking for confirmation from anyone with recent experience. A bit of background is that my wife is a Thai national living in the UK on a spouse visa. She also has a biometric residency permit to stay in the UK which is valid until March 2019. The BRP also states my name as her spouse. I have emailed the Spanish Embassy to check this but got a short reply telling me to check their website for details. I am booked to fly with Monarch Airways who have also said to check out the Spanish Embassy’s website. The one sentence email I got from the Spanish Embassy was - “All EU passport holder can travel to Spain without visa. Also if an applicant has BRP - BIOMETRICS RESIDENCE PERMIT CARD OR the visa is endorsed in the passport which says (FAMILY MEMBER OF EU NATIONAL) and Travelling together, they do not need to apply for the visa” To me that email from the embassy seems pretty clear cut and no visa required. However I am just worried about turning up at check-in or at Spanish customs and having problems. It would be a great help if anyone could explain if they had any difficulties or if everything went OK or not. Thanks in advance & thank you for your time, Garf.