jerry

Immigration pushing it a bit to far now ... ?

144 posts in this topic

New nordic

For many years if you used the Pension/Income for Retirement Visa but not paid into a Thai bank you  also had to show a Thai bankbook with 100,000 Bt . although  the amount tended to vary. In the distant past they used to ask to see evidence of you bringing /transferring money into Thailand.

But last year and this year (Feb) they now did not ask to see a bankbook when I renewed my Visa.

Edited by Billyboy294
Edge likes this

My 'Quote' and 'Copy and paste' is not working here but:

On the Edge  said a 4 x 6 cm pic fits on the Form . Not  on the Form I printed out. It overlaps the space for writing ' Nationality'.

However I don't suppose they would complain if my photo was 4 x 5 cm.

Also regarding what he said about filling in the form before you go, I was referring to the majority of people who don't have the benefit of a Forum like this or don't have a printer so when they go to Immigration, they will be given the Forms, go away to get  bank details etc and come back later..

Regarding Bank Details I guy I know put for Account Number: ******1234 which was OK.

Edited by Billyboy294

On the Edge  said a 4 x 6 cm pic fits on the Form . Not  on the Form I printed out. It overlaps the space for writing ' Nationality'.

What I said Billy was that the photos I've been using for years at Immigration fit on there.

I just checked and actually they are 4cm x 5cm (not 4x6) but I shall use one of them as I just used them for Residence Certs no problem.

Thaivisa threads say 4x5 OK too.  

Also regarding what he said about filling in the form before you go, I was referring to the majority of people who don't have the benefit of a Forum like this or don't have a printer so when they go to Immigration, they will be given the Forms, go away to get  bank details and come back later..

Regarding Bank Details I guy I know put for Account Number: ******1234 which was OK.

Point taken re' not everyone will know what the form asks for until presented with it, so if they don't know the answers I guess they'll have to go away and come back.

For those who do have a PC, the form is 'a' type i.e. you can fill it on your PC and then save it, so if there are no changes you can just print it again or change it and save it again.

I wonder if this is to tie in with Online 90 day reporting.

One thing I can't do on my keyboard is enter the script part of a vehicle reg' so I'll write that in by hand I suppose.

Re' bank account details, I agree they don't always ask for them, but I guess they can....anyway they already know mine.

Just got to Bank details and it says -

2.8. Bank Account Number (Only required for certain types of visa applications)

So not for 90 day reporting anyway and probably not for TV extensions.

Edited by OnTheEdge

Did anybody notice that on the PDF version, not the photographed version, the field “Country” is missing under the header 2.7.2?

I assumed that for an 'Emergency Contact' they expected you to provide one for a Foreigner living in Thailand.

I managed to complete the form on my PC and even to print it, but strange enough, in Thailand, I could not enter the Thai characters of my number plate.
Also I didn’t succeed in saving the completed version for next time.
Anybody knows how to overwrite this document?

I assumed that for an 'Emergency Contact' they expected you to provide one for a Foreigner living in Thailand.

That’s what it is: an assumption.

I managed to complete the form on my PC and even to print it, but strange enough, in Thailand, I could not enter the Thai characters of my number plate.

Also I didn’t succeed in saving the completed version for next time.

Anybody knows how to overwrite this document?

Re' the Thai characters - going to enter them by hand.

I used the option Save As under File top left - opened it, changed it and re-saved it several times - saved it as a different file name or you'd just be opening the blank every time.

That’s what it is: an assumption.

Well an Emergency Contact in Farangland would be of very limited use, so common sense too?

If they are handing out a 3 page Form at Immigration, will they accept a 2 page one. What does the 3 page one have that the 2 page one  doesn't?

If they are handing out a 3 page Form at Immigration, will they accept a 2 page one. What does the 3 page one have that the 2 page one  doesn't?

Did you see such a 3-page form?

Did you get a copy of it?

Well an Emergency Contact in Farangland would be of very limited use, so common sense too?

I can imagine, if I fall dead in Thailand, my family in Farangland will want to know ASAP.

I used the option Save As under File top left - opened it, changed it and re-saved it several times - saved it as a different file name or you'd just be opening the blank every time.

I tried the Save As option and it was blocked.

I tried the Save As option and it was blocked.

Dunno - on mine, under 'File', 'Save' is blocked but 'Save As' and the rest of the options are available..

I’ve written my number plate as “gor-gai kor-kai 1234 Chonburi”.

I have now. Page 3 asks  "name ,rank and number" (ie Passport) again  and has a large space (18 lines)  "if you would like to add additional information", and sign it. I doubt if many people will add anything. Just a complete waste of paper.

I get copy later.

A very nice student at Jomptien Immigration told me you only have to fill it in once.  She added that members of Pattaya Addicts Social Media must provide a Trip Report on Page 3.

Edited by Billyboy294

They're looking for terrorists not guys that put up some pics of bargirls ...  :WinkGrin1: . 

I'm sure a terrorist is going to reveal all the jihadist websites he visits.

Jack Frost likes this

First time I have been in for a 90 day report since they appeared in Jomtien.

I was in today for my 90 day report. The girl at the front counter told me to fill out personal info, Thai address, a local contact and the last page which stated that I was making a 90 day report. The form also needs a photo.
When I turned in the form to the officer who processed my 90 day report, she didn't even look at it. She just put it in the pile with the rest and then processed the 90 day report as usual.
Cheers

I filled in part of the first and second page and signed the second page.  I didn't do a thing with the third page.

Also regarding what he said about filling in the form before you go, I was referring to the majority of people who don't have the benefit of a Forum like this or don't have a printer so when they go to Immigration, they will be given the Forms, go away to get  bank details etc and come back later..

They got a 1 inch x 1 inch today from me.  I handed the partially filled-in form to the officer and he sorta looked at me.  I had an extra pic in my bag from the yellow book foray so I asked him if he needed a pic and he nodded. He attached it and just tossed it on the pile with the others.

I did today.  Sorry I just snapped it with my camera phone.

IMG_infoImmigration1.jpg

IMG_immigration2.jpg

IMG_immigration3x.jpg

Again....Active Pdf so you can Save for next time.

Foreign National Information.pdf

First they came for the terrorists, and I said nothing since I was not a terrorist.

Pedofiles, dissidents, Burmese, Cambodians, journalists... At least we mongers are safe since we bring in so much revenue. Heh.

At least we mongers are safe since we bring in so much revenue. Heh.

You haven't been following the news, have you?....lol

On the last bit about 'bring in so much revenue' you have a distorted idea about how much mongers spend. It is insignificant in the total Thai economy and a small part of the total tourism income.

DeeMak likes this

... At least we mongers are safe since we bring in so much revenue. Heh.

That's probably the reason why they're going to crack down harder on visarunners from August 12 ... 

Everything to get the cheap charlie mongers out of the country . Lot of them have moved to 

Cambodia already . 

Again....Active Pdf so you can Save for next time.

attachicon.gifForeign National Information.pdf

That doesn't have the third page which was handed to me today at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien.

Not that I filled anything in on that page anyway..... under "would like to add additional information".

I put "Retirement" on the second page which lists "Other Details" just above the space for signature on page two and I thought that should about cover it?

That doesn't have the third page which was handed to me today at Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien.

Not that I filled anything in on that page anyway..... under "would like to add additional information".

I put "Retirement" on the second page which lists "Other Details" just above the space for signature on page two and I thought that should about cover it?

Dunno - it's their form.

I'll let you know what happens Friday.

Sa-teef likes this