brutox

.. RETIREMENT VISA - 1-Year Extension UPDATE

63 posts in this topic

I don't think they are that 'joined up' here. For instance the pension income letters I get give the gross annual income figure only - no deduction for the UK tax I still gave to pay on that income.

I guess the must believe if the Embassy thinks it's ok then that's good enough for them.

I am also told there is no way of mixing pension income with money held in the bank. It's either one or the other.

Can you say what Exchange Rate they used?

See Post #40.

46 baht/£ and the cost still £52. And the money was taken without them requiring the 3 password numbers on the back of the card..

To be clear you do not pay  the Embassy the £52 but you authorise them to take whatever the current fee (depending on the exchange rate) is at the time they deal with your application

But that is not to say Immigration will use that rate when they check to see if your income in £s is more than 65,000 Baht  per month.

Edited by Billyboy294

So if someone applied using a combination of Income & Bank for example, how would they know if it added up to 800k Baht?

I know that the Embassy letter only deals in GBP (for Brits) but I'm pretty sure someone somewhere in Immigration applies the current ER.

You are correct Edge,last October i used a combination Pension letter (in GBP) and Bank Letter (in THB), and the the immigration officer was busy on her calculator but i don't know what exchange she was using so you gotta play it safe and work on current ER / bank rate.

Edge likes this

From the OP ...you talk about having some form of multi entry visa... does this avoid having to get the visa extension ( for 1000 Bt) every time you exit Thailand?

If so, can this still be obtained?

I fear that 1000 Bt fee is going to pile up over time.... I have friends and business around the region. Currently on the retirement visa btw...

Thanks

I did my renewal this week, with very pleasant surprises .

On Wednesday, we arrived in Jomtien at the office at 7.45, with all the required documentation.

The doors opened at 8.00 sharp, I got allocated number 807, seveth in line. The formal functions open at 8.30, but to my surprise, they started processing at 8.20, I git called at 8.35, walked out if there at 8.35

In previous years, I spent all morning there.

Next day, we were scheduked to arrive for pick up of passport at 10.30

We actually arrived at 10.30, picked up oassports with visa, went back to the desk with pre filled firms for the re-entry trrip, then were moved through that stage in about 25 minutes....

Both days the fastest ever growing n the 8 years I have done this...

Just important, get all your documentation correct

My compliments to the staff of the immigration office in Jomtien....

Fastest time ever...

For the Re-entry Visa do you just need the Form TM 8 and copy of passport.

And once you get your Passport back (usually next day) you have to go and get a copy of the new 'Retirement Visa'  page and then go and get the Re-entry.

Did i read somewhere that someone said he got the Retirement Visa and the Re-entry Visa together. I don't see how this is possible.

Edited by Billyboy294

From the OP ...you talk about having some form of multi entry visa... does this avoid having to get the visa extension ( for 1000 Bt) every time you exit Thailand?

If so, can this still be obtained?

I fear that 1000 Bt fee is going to pile up over time.... I have friends and business around the region. Currently on the retirement visa btw...

Thanks

Yes you can for 3800 baht. see for details https://www.keyvisathailand.com/re-entry-permits-in-thailand/

And once you get your Passport back (usually next day) you have to go and get a copy of the new 'Retirement Visa'  page and then go and get the Re-entry.

Did i read somewhere that someone said he got the Retirement Visa and the Re-entry Visa together. I don't see how this is possible.

Me neither...separate consecutive applications.

Me neither...separate consecutive applications.

For the Multiple Entry Endorsement, I submitted the following (Immigration was already holding my passport, with the retirement visa having just been approved):

1.  TM-8 - "Application for Re-entry Permit into the Kingdom"

2.  One photograph

3.  Fee - THB 3,800.

Edge and others cite that their "Retirement Visa" (technically, it is merely a 1-year extension to your Non-Immigrant O-A Visa) is processed overnight .. the passport is returned the next day, after which they can process their Multiple Entry Endorsement, taking a total of two days for both.

I processed my retirement visa and multi-entry visa in BKK at the main Immigration office in Chaeng Wattana, where they do it all in a single sitting .. as many know, each Immigration office has their own work pace and often take frustrating liberties interpreting the regulations however they choose.

As everyone cites, however, the retirement visa comes first and then the multi-entry visa.

Edited by brutox

Austrian Consulate in Pattaya,one can use, if Austrian,Belgian,Dutch,German,Luxemburger,for a proof of income,use the current exchange rate next to the amount in Euro.

DaffyDuck likes this

I went this morning for my Retirement Visa and did not have to wait. A lady outside the desk with the three assistants, checked my documents; decided i needed a copy of another page from my passport (pages  1 and 2) and did it on the spot. No asking me to go and get a copy.

Did not ask me for my Lease Document  which i had with me but asked for 'proof of address' and i had a receipt from 3BB which i handed over and everything Ok. She then handed me two forms and a pen and i started to fill in my name etc and she said no need, just sign the two forms, Evidently they were forms setting out penalties for overstay and you sign to understand and agree to them.

Got a number and told to pick up passport tomorrow after 10.00am,

Was in and out in 10 minutes although the place was busy.

Will get a Re-entry permit tomorrow and in the past have always had to get a copy of the new Visa page to add to the others as i always understood that as well as Form TM8 you always need copies of your passport. I think this is requires at Jomtien but perhaps not in Bangkok if you can do both at one go

Edited by Billyboy294

Used to be if you went early enough in the morning you could get your MReP in the afternoon.

Might be coincidence but since they were stopped from doing conversions to O visa it became an overnight thing.

Went the 7th.February,for my "Retirement Visa",despite there were 8 people before me,I was out after 35 minutes.

The 8th.February,went to pick up my passport,picture was taken,out after 5 minutes,the young lady Wai me and said :have a nice day Sir.

Impressed.It was my 10th.Visa in a row.

Just a bit of a heads up...

When you get the letter from the bank, it can be no older than 3 days when you give it to immigration.

Both my buddy and I got nailed on this one...

We never bother updating our bank books because they are a pain in the ass to carry around,

& we use ATMs all the time.

When Kasikorn, (at least) updates your bankbook for your letter, they only stick in a few lines.

Both my buddy & I got sent out to get a full statement to cover at least the last 3 months. (for another 100B) from the bank.

forcebwithu and Edge like this