BOOK THAILAND HOTELS NOW!

SUPPORT THE FORUM | Book your stay in Thailand | MOST POPULAR GIRL FRIENDLY HOTELS  |  Areca Lodge | Tim Boutique | LK Renaissance | Page 10 | LK Empress April Suites | August Suites | The Marriott | Pattaya Property

P-A Privilege Card Use DropBox To Store Pics | | Pattaya Newbie | Wildcats Agogo |  | Pattaya Fishing | Female Taxi Driver | Pattaya Private Investigators | Invest To Retire In Thailand  | Pattaya Auto Hire - recommended 

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS | Thai Friendly - Thai girls | Find Pattaya Ladyboys Online | Top Thai Models | Gentleman's Club | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals  | Heaven Gentlemen's Club  | MizzThai - Pattaya Girls  | Pattaya Short-Term Rentals  | Le Pub, Soi Diamond, Pattaya

Photo

Trafficking of women

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Agoda Hotels

Agoda Hotels
  • Advert
Find Pattaya and Bangkok Girls - Book your hotel in advance here

#1 Denis903

Denis903

Advanced Pattaya Addict

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

Vanishing in China

A 2013 UN report into the trafficking of women from northern Laos found a "significant number" had disappeared inside China.

The report was released by the United Nations Inter-­Agency Project on Human Trafficking and written based on data collected in partnership with the Lao Academy of Social Sciences in late 2011.

It explored patterns of human trafficking related to China in the two northern Lao provinces of Luang Namtha and Phongsaly.

A total of 14 out of the 22 villages visited, with populations numbering a few hundred, reported as many as nine such trafficking cases each. In six of the 14 villages, the reason given was for marriage to men from China, however, the report added that the number was likely to be higher.

View the full article

This ad is here because Agoda has changed their policies on hotel bookings regarding affiliates. Agoda has now completely deleted the 365 day cookie along with removing any subsequent bookings brought though your account.

This has obviously resulted in us losing a substantial amount of revenue on a monthly basis that is used to pay our ever increasing server and online marketing fees which allow this forum to continue to grow by an average of 45 verified new members per day. With this said, we ask you to click on any of these Agoda links at the actual time of making a booking through Agoda. It costs you nothing and helps us out a lot.

Book your Thailand Hotel Here and Now!

#2 Denis903

Denis903

Advanced Pattaya Addict

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

I find it truly unbelievable that this kind of story can still occur in 2016.

I try to imagine the lives of these young women. And their families who must worry about them.

Horrible!

#3 Kandinski

Kandinski

Pattaya Guru

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts
  • Interests:Social anthropological field studies of Isaan females sexual interaction with Caucasian male 60+

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

http://www.mtv.com/n...-girls-nigeria/

• Denis903 likes this

#4 Tezla

Tezla

Supreme Pattaya Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Thailand, Music, Technology

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

while i know these things happen, and most likely more than we know.

And we should do what we can to stop these things from happening, but...

I just dont get why a news site makes a new article based on 3 year old report, which is based on 5 year old data.

I know there are people working to fight human trafficking, and i seem to remember it was last year that a rather large human smuggling ring was uncovered in thailand (or in asia/SE asia atleast).

If they had something new to add to the reports it would be one thing, but they only reference to old reports/data.

Just seems counter productive to me.

#5 SombattOne

SombattOne

Newbie Addict

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

keep in mind, many of these women eagerly travel outside of thailand for "work". They are fully informed and do so willingly, knowing the score full well. 

They are not victims, they are volunteers.

Agoda Hotels

Agoda Hotels
  • Advert
Find Pattaya and Bangkok Girls - Book your hotel in advance here

#6 Captain Save-A-Hoe

Captain Save-A-Hoe

Supreme Pattaya Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

keep in mind, many of these women eagerly travel outside of thailand for "work". They are fully informed and do so willingly, knowing the score full well.
They are not victims, they are volunteers.

You are not talking about the same thing. This is girls being snatched to be Chinese brides because china has 30 million more men than women and it's basically impossible for them to find a mate unless they are wealthier than YOU are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Captain Save-A-Hoe, 07 December 2016 - 11:40 AM.

<div style='text-align: center;'>Chat to girls in Pattaya Lowest price Pattaya hotels - guaranteed</div>

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Media/Press | Advertising | Follow Us On Twitter
August Suites Hotel | Areca Lodge Hotel | LK Metropole Hotel | Tim Boutique Hotel | LK Renaissance Hotel | Page 10 Hotel | April Suites Hotel | LK Legend Hotel