Harvey707

Free Single Entry Tourist Visa.....?

25 posts in this topic

New nordic

From Stickman today......

"From now until the end of February, all Thai embassies and consulates Worldwide will waive the fee for a single-entry Tourist Visa.  While holders of a passport from western countries get 30 days permission to stay if they fly in to Thailand without a visa, a tourist visa gets you permission to stay for 60 days"

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well thats pretty clear and I was about to send off my application tomorrow but can find nothing on Thai Embassy website  ??

I notice there is another thread reference 19 Countries in the sub forum as well  ??

Edited by Harvey707

Have Emailed Stick and will post up response as I get it

First they came up with 19 countries but have changed it to all countries (except the visa on arrival ones who get a 1k discount on the normal 2k price) . 

Starting December 1 till the end of February . 

Harvey707 likes this

going to the Amsterdam consulate to get a 60day single entry visa tomorrow and according to the web site its free from dec 1,thats only for single entry visas,it also said that they do not do multiple entry visas anymore but thats not there today.you may have to visit the embassies for them.  

Edited by adammike

First they came up with 19 countries but have changed it to all countries (except the visa on arrival ones who get a 1k discount on the normal 2k price) . 

Starting December 1 till the end of February . 

Bring on the Tourists....lol

going to the Amsterdam consulate to get a 60day single entry visa tomorrow and according to the web site its free from dec 1,thats only for single entry visas,it also said that they do not do multiple entry visas anymore but thats not there today.you may have to visit the embassies for them.  

Would pay to get the "Stamp" from your Embassy.....2 months for free is almost a short time.....or long time for some  :WhoSaw1:

Would pay to get the "Stamp" from your Embassy.....2 months for free is almost a short time.....or long time for some  :WhoSaw1:

was 30 euro about 1100baht.

Thank you buddy for life of me couldnt see that. So I assume application with covering letter will suffice and the usual £10 for return by Special Delivery

Edited by Harvey707

Thank you buddy for life of me couldnt see that. So I assume application with covering letter will suffice and the usual £10 for return by Special Delivery

Just enclose a self addressed pre paid Special Delivery Envelope - the grey/silver plastic one they provide - its £7 odd and means it speeds up the process

Plus you get a tracking number - so you know exactly when they signed for it and when it is on its way back

Edited by socrates
Harvey707 likes this

Could be some back log at Embassy if you have upcoming trip. Application was received last Tuesday morning (confirmed) but yet to be sent back according to track and trace. Plenty of time but just heads up. Could be that the fee has been waived has prompted a lot of applications

Edited by Harvey707

Just checked again and track and trace showing nothing still. Normally I'd have expected it back yesterday at the absolute latest. Will contact if no show on TT Wednesday morning. Postal Strike coming up as well. Should have applied November my fault no question

Interesting to see how this is going.

Just checked again and track and trace showing nothing still. Normally I'd have expected it back yesterday at the absolute latest. Will contact if no show on TT Wednesday morning. Postal Strike coming up as well. Should have applied November my fault no question

It is probably because it is just before the Christmas holidays. Since they are free I imagine they are getting more application than they get normally at this time.

Interesting to see how this is going.

.....and I can oblige.....Was just going out and thought I'd recheck and status has changed to "on the way"

Just a bit longer than normal and as Scumbag says Xmas and free applications making it slightly longer on turnarounds I would imagine

Edited by Harvey707

.....and I can oblige.....Was just going out and thought I'd recheck and status has changed to "on the way"

Just a bit longer than normal and as Scumbag says Xmas and free applications making it slightly longer on turnarounds I would imagine

That is awesome!

Harvey707 likes this

Sent mine off today - another little bonus - Amex has a £5 cashback on £10+ spend - so even cheaper still ...

Good news for me just now for my next trip. Day is imediatelly better  :GoldenSmile1:

Out of interest am not sure there is actually a lot more applications in London. Having got the Passport back the Visa itself was inserted the day it was received.(I had tracked the inbound)

Just that they took quite some time to put it back into the Postal system

socrates likes this

Out of interest am not sure there is actually a lot more applications in London. Having got the Passport back the Visa itself was inserted the day it was received.(I had tracked the inbound)

Just that they took quite some time to put it back into the Postal system

got mine  ..went there myself....they had 4 people on  the desk...only 1 doing the visa..so took around 45 minutes to put the form in...

there was around 20 people waiting.... its open 9/12 am

had to go back the next day to collect....can only collect 11 am /12.noon..although the passports are in a basket ready to go a lot earlier and staff  doing nothing ..they wont give out until 11 am

typical thai..

from what i saw there is no rush at all to do anything,so thats why they take there time to send back in the post

got mine  ..went there myself....they had 4 people on  the desk...only 1 doing the visa..so took around 45 minutes to put the form in...

there was around 20 people waiting.... its open 9/12 am

had to go back the next day to collect....can only collect 11 am /12.noon..although the passports are in a basket ready to go a lot earlier and staff  doing nothing ..they wont give out until 11 am

typical thai..

from what i saw there is no rush at all to do anything,so thats why they take there time to send back in the post

on both days i was there  only around  20 people getting a single / double entry visa.... the rest where other visa...so  i would say  not many wonting a visa