Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scumbag

Australian Tourist Visa Notification

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone been recently notified on the result of an Australian tourist visa application by anything other than email? I am looking at update information on my website. Please state if it was an online or traditional application.

My lady friend didn't have an email address for an in-person app.  No problem they just give you a call to come in and collect.  

My lady friend didn't have an email address for an in-person app.  No problem they just give you a call to come in and collect.  

Thanks, it would be good to know if they do advise people via email when a traditional application is submitted.

I just received email notification that the application has been passed over to the Aus embassy,  1 day after submitting it.

I just received email notification that the application has been passed over to the Aus embassy,  1 day after submitting it.

When you get the result (hopefully a positive one) can you let me know if they send the grant notice via email?

Also if you do it online it can take up to 30 days as opposed to submitting a hardcopy which takes 1 week.

Also if you do it online it can take up to 30 days as opposed to submitting a hardcopy which takes 1 week.

That is what they say officially but in my experience it is under 2 weeks. The stated time for processing traditional applications is 2 weeks.

All my other half's tourist visa's came in a large registered mail envelope but her partner visa if I remember rightly came via email that was Feb last year