Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

  • Announcements

    • Ru4Real

      Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

      An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

      Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

      URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  

Applying for 90 day retirement visa in Australia.

Recommended Posts


I want to get a one year retirement visa and stay in Bangkok. I'm told that the procedure is to obtain a 90 day non-0 multi entry retirement visa first in Australia and then convert it to a one year retirement visa in Thailand.


It's not clear to me exactly what documents I need to submit to get the 90 day visa in the first instance. Reading the Thai embassy website it looks like they want the same documents to get the 90day retirement visa as the one year but a friend told me that I need only pay for the 90 day visa in Australia, no documents other than my passport and then submit all docs in Thailand.


I'm confused. Can somebody explain the exact process please?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know the '90 day non-0 multi entry retirement visa' is not a retirement visa and unless you have family in Thailand you will not get one.


What you want is Non-Immigrant type 0-A visa that is good for 12 months. Here are the document requirements according the the application form from the consulate in Sydney (LINK):


RETIRED (O-A VISA)for 50 years old or above (on date of submitting) and having the NATIONALITY of / PERMANENT RESIDENCE of Australia

Documents required are 3 sets [ONE ORIGINAL SET and 2 PHOTOCOPY SETS]

All set must be binded and all photocopies documents must certified byJP -Justice of Peace

Required documents EACH SET to be combined with: (APPLICATION FORM A must be the first page of each set)
1 A completed "VISA APPLICATION FORM A"(atteched each FORM with ONE recent Australian passport size photo (3.5cmx4.5cm) taken within 6 month)
2 A photocopy of PERSONAL INFORMATION PAGE(S) of PASSPORT Passport valid for at least 18 months from expected date of travel)
3 A completed "PERSONAL DATA FORM" (can download a FORM from our website)
4 A completed and certified "MEDICAL CERTICATE FORM" by Medical Doctor (can download a FORM from our website)
5 An Original Criminal Record"(NAME CHECK ONLY)issued by the country of residence (verification shall not be older than 3 months)
6 A CERTIFIED BANK STATEMENT showing a deposit account for last 3 months
7 A BANK'S CERTIFICATE OF BALANCE showing a balance of the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht


Some consulates (eg Perth) state that the retirement visa is only obtainable from the embassy in Canberra.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

Moved to the Visa section.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now