Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Magic040

Do you feel offended when a Thai calls you Kee Niao/Cheap Charlie?

Scuba+

It wouldn't bother me if they did, even when I don't buy LDs after being harassed by girls and mamasan they still don't say it. I buy LDs when I choose. Also gave 2 girls 100 each last night

geezerrb

I probably have been called that, I have to be in some sense and circumstance a "CC" but as I don't understand Thai language it don't bother me. Still keep coming back and will do as long as I can and hope to retire there and probably will be even more of a "CC" if I do.

Forsythia

I cop it mostly when I haggle when buying stuff at markets or street vendors.

I don't get it, every other country I have been to in South East Asia bartering is normal.

billbill

How I spend my money is my business alone... typically if someone calls me a cheap Charlie or keneow.. etc.. then they wanted some of my money without working for it... or trying to provide a shitty job that would receive a tip... as an ex waiter, bartender and having had other jobs in the restaurant industry.. I always tip well.. so I say fuck em... when they say that... no mercy for a fuck wit who tells me how to tip them when they have done nothing to deserve one

huobo

I don't like when people are expecting a tip.
Generally, I tip. Often when the person is nice or services good.

Maybe have a budget tip lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Not_Shameful

Back when there were some excellent shows in Soi Cowboy, I had just sat down in Rawhide and a scruffy, unattractive girl parked herself near me and asked for a drink. I said no, I was there to watch the show and saw no point in buying drinks for a girl I had no intention of shagging. 

Big fat mamasan came and stood in front of me so I couldn't watch the show. I paid and walked out. I can't remember if I left a tip or not. 

There were plenty of other bars just as good without the attitude. 

Never been called a cheap Charlie of kee neow, not that I've heard anyway. 

ben nevis

During the day(mid day)i only have a soft drink as i keep my drinking for the evening.Have a couple of cokes leave a tip no problem.   Ben.

balbol

no coz if it happens it's only from bar girls.

jiz

Thai people are the nicest people money can buy. 

NINGNING

It does not happen a lot of times and when it is true I don't feel offended.

But I do feel offended when I am generous and friendly and still get that kind of insult.

If I buy lets say 2 ladydrinks for a dancer and then I do not go for a 3rd one but instead leave and go for the next bar and she calls me kee niao I feel that is simply not fair. Leaves a bad impression and I will not return - I can move on and she has to stay.

Scuba+
It does not happen a lot of times and when it is true I don't feel offended.
But I do feel offended when I am generous and friendly and still get that kind of insult.
If I buy lets say 2 ladydrinks for a dancer and then I do not go for a 3rd one but instead leave and go for the next bar and she calls me kee niao I feel that is simply not fair. Leaves a bad impression and I will not return - I can move on and she has to stay.
That's why it's best not to play the game, you can't compete with the 2 week millionaires and long weekend asian millionaires

gimmesum

I wonder if they ever use this term for fellow thais?

dh842

I'm smart and a hard worker. I had a good career and made a lot of money. So now I'm retired and I travel around and I tip everywhere I go. I'm treated well and get great service. Life is good. And no, no one has ever called me cheap.

gambler
On 1/10/2017 at 19:24, Magic040 said:

How do you feel and how do you express yourself when your getting called a Cheap Charlie?

Not a problem - I take it as a compliment. :)

chris2004

I take it as a compliment meaning i am not being ripped off.

Ambulans

I tip if i like the service or i get good food for the money. If i have bad service or i not like the food i not tip.

And i always give lady drink to BG i like. 

And yes i have been called cheap Charlie but i can not make every lady in Pattaya happy :D

Cropped Shaggy

Only time was in Toy Box couple of years ago, bought girl and I a drink; fucked her upstairs; bought her another after; then bar fined her LT. I dared tip the bar staff a mere 10 baht for her efforts, and heard a "kii niao" as I was walking away towards the toilet. Didn't even register what she'd said at first, I turned around thinking she maybe wanted something and she was just sat there with her friends looking the other way, then it clicked. 

I just laughed, really no reason to be annoyed. She could've called me a cheap cunt and I'd still have given as little a fuck as I did. I honestly don't understand why anyone would give a fuck about something like that, fragile egos I guess. Was only my second trip and I honestly thought 10 baht was an acceptable amount at that time. Some might still argue that it is, but rest assured I've upped my baseline tip to a whopping 20 baht since that decisive day.

PattayaGik

I asked a massage girl one time if "Cheap Charlie" and Kee Niao were the same thing. Apparently not according to the girl.

She told me a Cheap Charlie is somebody who has a very limited budget, doesn't tip and is generally broke. (The type who nurses a beer for an hour).

Whereas a Kee Niao has plenty of money, but won't spend it, or tip etc. (The type who is so tight that every time he farts, all the dogs in the neighborhood start howling!)

Rainsberger

Not in the slightest does it worry me us POOR brits have to make our money last a long time these days.

PBear66

I don't get offended with what any Thai person says to me, because my dealings with them are purely financial.

Bars, gogo's, social media apps etc. Some people seem to think that the people they interact with Pattaya give a fiddlers about them.

They don't. You are a means to an end, as are they.

Sorry to be so hard but i am slightly bemused by this question.