epe50

visa question

13 posts in this topic

New nordic

Hi All

I have a question ,i am a British subject 65 years old, i looking at going to Thailand for 90 days

Not sure what form i need for visa, i have seen two form so far that may fit my needs,but need help in choosing the right one,if any one can help ,it i will be much appreciated. 

Go to the website of the consulate that you want to use to apply and download the form from that website (I have only ever seen one form on any that I have looked at).

You will be after a tourist visa that will give you 60 days which you can extend for a further 30 days while you are in Thailand.

A few years back I was getting 3 months and 1 year visa.

I used the Hull Consulate. 

Very efficient.

Can download all visa applications from their site.

Site informs you about what is needed.

Turnaround for getting passport with visa back 3 days.

Maybe things have changed now, but I used this consulate for many years.

If you just want one 90-day visit then get a Single Entry Tourist Visa.

This gives you 60 days & can be extended for a further 30 days in Thailand for 1900 baht.

If you are a regular visitor, and can meet the financial requirements, then it may be worth looking at a Retirement Visa with a multiple-entry permit. Only if you will be visiting very frequently though.

A few years back I was getting 3 months and 1 year visa.

I used the Hull Consulate. 

Very efficient.

I believe that it is no longer easy to get that visa unless you are eligible for it. People going on a holiday are not eligible for those visas. Someone posted not long ago that in the UK they must be approved by the embassy in London (the same is true for Australia but it is Canberra rather than London).

The good news is that the Thai government decided to extend the issuance of tourist visas for now until August this year, absolutely free.

:hello09:

The good news is that the Thai government decided to extend the issuance of tourist visas for now until August this year, absolutely free.

Yeah but only for a select few and mainly busted-arse countries....lol

Here is the list of countries that can use it:

Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, the Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan

BTW the 'busted-arse' bit is a joke.

Visa incentives extended to woo tourists

Yeah but only for a select few and mainly busted-arse countries....lol

Here is the list of countries that can use it:

Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, the Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan

BTW the 'busted-arse' bit is a joke.

Visa incentives extended to woo tourists

Those countries get a visa on arrival. This is about single entry tourist visas issued by Consulates and Embassies outside Thailand which are free for another few months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Those countries get a visa on arrival. This is about single entry tourist visas issued by Consulates and Embassies outside Thailand which are free for another few months.

Yeah, perhaps it is a poorly written article.

These countries also get single entry tourist visas valid for 60 days issued by the Thai consulates in their countries. They used to charge 1000 baht for this which has been free since December. I don't think visa fees for other countries have been waived, though I could be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

These countries also get single entry tourist visas valid for 60 days issued by the Thai consulates in their countries. They used to charge 1000 baht for this which has been free since December. I don't think visa fees for other countries have been waived, though I could be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No. Single entry tourist visa fees are waived for all countries.

I was not aware of this, Im due out begining of may for just under 2 months, and was going to go to thai consulate in Hull for a 60 day tourist visa. I did think it was about a £35 cost for such a visa. are you saying its now free? or free until august?

I just got a free 60-day single entry from the consulate in Vancouver.  Good deal.  All the better if they have extended the deal.