Support our Sponsors >> Smooci - Escorts on Demand | M Club Pattaya | Heaven Gentleman's Club | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Pattaya Short Term Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Absolute Angels Bangkok | Pattaya Investigations | Spankys Bangkok | Australian Adult Video | Pimp Pad Pattaya | Babydolls Agogo | Bangkok Playgirls - Escorts |

>> Thai Friendly | DClub Agogo | Max Performer | 100 Girls on Demand | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Donating to the Forum | Agoda Users Please Read | Mamasan Nut's Birthday Party at Babydolls | Add your Text here

  • Announcements

    • whitespider

      Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

      URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
    • Ducey

      To login use your Display Names opposed to the old login names   18/03/17

      To login please now use your Display Names as opposed to the old login names. The forum is not broken! If you cannot remember your Display name, please check the emails you have received from the forum or send us a message using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.
sjoberg

VT6 vs The Base

175 posts in this topic

Pattaya Business Services

Hi

 

In march - April i will do my first "long time" stay in Pattaya for 3 weeks 

Have looked at the condos at both VT6 and The Base and like both, but condos are bigger and have better view at VT6 also the staff were more helpful and service minded

 VT6 are much more expensive if you book via the VT6 service desk compared to The Base

Everything is included in the price however, water  ,power, cleaning, and new bed clothing.

Anyone that have stayed at both places and can tell me about their experiences about both places?

Maybe anyone have contacts with someone that rent out a condo at VT6 with south view for better price than their own service desk do?

Sorry for my  bad english

Thanks for any help

Sven

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

In march - April i will do my first "long time" stay in Pattaya for 3 weeks

Have looked at the condos at both VT6 and The Base and like both, but condos are bigger and have better view at VT6 also the staff were more helpful and service minded

VT6 are much more expensive if you book via the VT6 service desk compared to The Base

Everything is included in the price however, water ,power, cleaning, and new bed clothing.

Anyone that have stayed at both places and can tell me about their experiences about both places?

Maybe anyone have contacts with someone that rent out a condo at VT6 with south view for better price than their own service desk do?

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks for any help

Sven

The Base has stopped renting anything under one month now, due to being pulled up by the authorities.

 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few agents who rent condos in VT6:

 

http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com

 

http://dancewatchers.com

 

http://www.vtsix.com

 

http://condo6.com

 

 

When I went in to look at condos for my stay next July prices varied between the 34000 and 42000 a month which was more than I'm prepared to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Base has stopped renting anything under one month now, due to being pulled up by the authorities.

 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yes 

 

Here are a few agents who rent condos in VT6:

 

http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com

 

http://dancewatchers.com

 

http://www.vtsix.com

 

http://condo6.com

 

 

When I went in to look at condos for my stay next July prices varied between the 34000 and 42000 a month which was more than I'm prepared to pay.

To the OP yes you can look at these links to see what is going. And there are at least another 4 shop fronts in VT6 I am not there at the moment but joy shop and blue ocean suits and Cando travel come to mind.

If you want a better deal you’re going in low season you hold all the cards don’t book on line walk in and inspect as many apartments as you need to make a deal make sure you haggle.

My mate got a great apartment for 1500 a night for a short stay shoulder season you should do better than that easily I low season.

Yes everything is included as you are not on monthly but you cleaning schedule might be every 3 days these are thing you need to check when you are getting a better deal.

As a tip chose a floor walking st side above floor 10 or Hilton side above floor 20

 

Davidge

You should easily get one for 20k to 25k in july walk in.

Edited by martinmesrobian66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes 

 

 

To the OP yes you can look at these links to see what is going. And there are at least another 4 shop fronts in VT6 I am not there at the moment but joy shop and blue ocean suits and Cando travel come to mind.

If you want a better deal you’re going in low season you hold all the cards don’t book on line walk in and inspect as many apartments as you need to make a deal make sure you haggle.

My mate got a great apartment for 1500 a night for a short stay shoulder season you should do better than that easily I low season.

Yes everything is included as you are not on monthly but you cleaning schedule might be every 3 days these are thing you need to check when you are getting a better deal.

As a tip chose a floor walking st side above floor 10 or Hilton side above floor 20

 

Davidge

You should easily get one for 20k to 25k in july walk in.

I'm sure I could, yes, but I like to get things booked well in advance and, to be honest, I prefer Jomtien anyway.

I was just checking out options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have stayed in both. Much prefer VT6. The Base , albeit having a separate bedroom feels too cramped. Balcony is way too small for two to sit comfortably. Standard condo size at The Base is 29sq metres, VT 6 is 48 sq metres Base has a gym, VT 6 does not.

VT 6 has shops, restaurants, massage,laundry service etc. The Base has 5 washing machines and 2 dryers in the lobby and that is it. Visitors to The Base have to wait at front gate and you need to pick them up. Kinda defeats the purpose of "room service"

You pay more for vt6 but we'll worth it in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot  for the tips, will check whats  for rent in VT6 when I arr. 

Liked VT6 better when I checked the two places seems you guys think the same as me

Will check the links later today

BRG
Sven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot  for the tips, will check whats  for rent in VT6 when I arr. 

Liked VT6 better when I checked the two places seems you guys think the same as me

Will check the links later today

BRG

Sven

Try rentalfortheholidays.com, for The Base.  Good rates and they are on-site in the lobby of Tower B.  Also, there are a lot of condo owners that are offering daily and weekly rental even though officially they're not supposed to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at The Base now, the procedure for guests is to leave ID with the guards and get a visitor's pass, then they can meet you in the lobby. Card accesses for elevators and to get into the hallways, so you don't get people wandering around uninvited.

 

The units are very small but well designed, the location is great except for the constant crossing of second road. I've nearly been hit by those meals on wheels idiots who ride 50kmph: in the wrong direction!

 

The rental company charges 7 baht/unit for electricity and 40 baht/unit for water(this might really add up, most places charge 100 baht/month). My unit rent is 20k per month.

 

Lots of beautiful hiso type Asian women wandering around, quite a few Russian women too. Also Chinese and White families here too with a few drunken whore monger types mixed in for the sake of diversity.

 

I'm writing this while listening to the music of an inconsiderate Thai neighbour a few doors down. Not sure that I will stay here again. Wi-Fi is terrible and only Thai channels in my unit(if that is important).

 

I've seen young backpacker types come and go in less than a week, so someone is renting short term, probably air bnb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks big shooter. Have decided to go for VT6 at first option even if I have to pay little more. Come back after my visit and tell about my exp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stayed in VT6 for a month and enjoyed it. I booked through Cond6 and thought they were very good. I've been looking to book my next trip and the prices I was quoted came out cheapest via Condo6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful. I think I'll book vt6 through condo6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vt6 way better, those base condos are shoeboxes, tiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 60minuteman said:

vt6 way better, those base condos are shoeboxes, tiny

VT6 is noisy as you have ambulances and bars all around you. It's also hot as the sun reflects off the water.

The Base is further in from 2nd road than VT6. The rooms and pool are nice and quiet. Great views too. It's also brand new. VT6 is 10 years old.

Edited by daphefresl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you find the best deal, The Base is quite a bit cheaper than VT6.  So much cheaper that they aren't really comparable.  There are many condos in The Base at less than B20,000/m, whilst you're doing well to find a nice one in VT6 for less than B30,000/m.

There is no wifi in rooms provided generally by the building in The Base.  The only in-room wifi is whatever your individual owner has set up, so that's something to look out for, plenty of Base owners have set up their condos with private internet access.  Don't expect any in-room internet access by default in The Base, though there is good free wifi in the lobbies at ground and top floor level so there are loads of people sitting around in the lobbies staring at their phones.

I've just stayed 2 months in The Base so know it well, and thought it was great for the low price (B18,000/m).  Ask any questions about The Base here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, daphefresl said:

VT6 is noisy as you have ambulances and bars all around you. It's also hot as the sun reflects off the water.

The Base is further in from 2nd road than VT6. The rooms and pool are nice and quiet. Great views too. It's also brand new. VT6 is 10 years old.

Never hear any noise at vt6 because the condos built 10 years ago were properly insulated, The Base pool has 5 sun beds for over 200 condos, there are zero services at The Base and vt6 has laundry, restaurants, massage, coffee shops and a mini-mart. Base 1 bed condos are smaller than vt6 studios and the furnishings tend to be cheap ikea style. The Base can be very noisy at night with the thai karaoke bar on soi diana blasting thai music until 3am every night. Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 04.35.19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 60minuteman said:

Never hear any noise at vt6 because the condos built 10 years ago were properly insulated, The Base pool has 5 sun beds for over 200 condos, there are zero services at The Base and vt6 has laundry, restaurants, massage, coffee shops and a mini-mart. Base 1 bed condos are smaller than vt6 studios and the furnishings tend to be cheap ikea style. The Base can be very noisy at night with the thai karaoke bar on soi diana blasting thai music until 3am every night. Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 04.35.19.png

Everything you've stated is true. I've got less than a week left in my trip and I'm thinking of moving to a hotel because I'm sick of this condo. It's nice enough and the price is right,but something about it just bugs me.  Passing the security guards and their Nazi salute and stupid questions is near the top of the list. They've got steel plates attached to their shoes, so they click their heels together every time you walk past one. A month of that crap is more than enough for me.

 

That's a beautiful view, something tells me you're paying more than 20k per month though, so maybe not a fair comparison.

Edited by big shooter
bad spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, big shooter said:

Everything you've stated is true. I've got less than a week left in my trip and I'm thinking of moving to a hotel because I'm sick of this condo. It's nice enough and the price is right,but something about it just bugs me.  Passing the security guards and their Nazi salute and stupid questions is near the top of the list. They've got steel plates attached to their shoes, so they click their heels together ever time you walk past one. A month of that crap is more than enough for me.

 

That's a beautiful view, something tells me you're paying more than 20k per month though, so maybe not a fair comparison.

Yes thats a 78 sqm 1 bed I stay in, I think the 48 sq/m studios are great too and I stay in them often, im actually staying in one now. I agree that The Base is cheaper and if cost is a main concern then I would say The Base wins that one. I agree the security at The Base is a bit OTT, the security at vt6 are great, there if you need them but very discreet, they often ask me if I want my girl to leave an id card or not.

Current 48 sq/m studio will full true vision cable package and surround sound stereo - 26k a month

 

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.59.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.59.32.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.59.41.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, big shooter said:

Everything you've stated is true. I've got less than a week left in my trip and I'm thinking of moving to a hotel because I'm sick of this condo. It's nice enough and the price is right,but something about it just bugs me.  Passing the security guards and their Nazi salute and stupid questions is near the top of the list. They've got steel plates attached to their shoes, so they click their heels together every time you walk past one. A month of that crap is more than enough for me.

 

That's a beautiful view, something tells me you're paying more than 20k per month though, so maybe not a fair comparison.

And its not right to compare 25-30 sq metre condos with 48 sq metres - how much is a 50 odd square metre condo in The Base - its definitely not 20k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll put a good word in for Honey's if you decide to rent at VT6.  As she is an agent for owners there is not a standard for the rooms so it helps to be able to check out the amenities of each to find a right fit.  Very good service and on site.  And VT6 is super handy to Central Festival especially for grabbing a bite to eat, whether it's the food court, fast food, restaurant or deli counter.(or even at the ground level businesses including Honey's coffee shop)  Good for baht buses going both ways and it's basically in the center of Pattaya beach strip. 

If you chose Central(north) side and face the car park, be wary that people seem to want to use their alarms to find their vehicles, so that happens intermittently during the day.  It's a pet peeve of mine that people can't remember where they park and I like to nap in afternoons.  Otherwise, I didn't find VT6 to be noisy at all.  The Walking St side has greats views but will get very hot during the day, so be sure of your electrical costs if you're responsible.

VT6 will be more expensive than The Base and you will have to cross second road(which is busy) a lot if you drink/eat(golf?) at LK Metro or Soi Bukhaow.

Can anyone that has stayed at The Base tell me if there are any noise issues given the location.  Also if a certain building, floor or how the unit faces will have more or less noise.  I'm guessing units facing in or towards Soi Honey might be quieter?(rather than facing Soi Diana)  Or is the noise all encompassing?  I realize this is Pattaya but I would like to get to bed earlier a couple nights a week for golf the next morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let's be clear about the sizes of the condos at The Base - there seems to be some misinformation going on.

All the details are on http://www.sansiri.com/condominium/thebase-central-pattaya/en/#tab-id-22 .  Please go about halfway down that page to PLAN in green, and then click on Units Layout.

As well as various larger size condos, The Base condos are built in two smaller sizes, 29 m2 (floorplan click on 1a on the right halfway down that link) and 34 m2 (floorplan click on 1b on that link).  I believe the two Base towers contain ~800 units of 29 m2, and ~200 units of 34 m2, the larger 34 m2 units being located higher in the building.  It's fairly easy to see whether the condo you're thinking of renting is the full-width-balcony 34 m2 size or the smaller 29 m2 size, so if it's something that worries you, be sure to rent the larger size.

I've recently rented a 34 m2 condo with full width balcony on the 20somethingth floor of the southern tower of The Base for a couple of months, paying B18,000/month, facing outwards, ie southwards towards WS.  It had excellent private cable internet and wifi installed by the owner - I used my laptop ethernet-plugged into the router and my phone on wifi in my condo with never the slightest problem.  The balcony view from my condo and floorplan is at the bottom of this post (does anyone know with this new software how to insert a pic into the middle of the text?)  Personally I was quite happy with the size and layout of the condo - what I'll be looking for next time is more of a desk setup in order to be able to work better during the day.  I moved the kitchen table into the living area in my condo (see floorplan below) and used the TV as a second computer screen, which worked OK but I'd have preferred a more formal desk set up.  I like the look of the desk in 60minuteman's third pic about three posts above this.

" Can anyone that has stayed at The Base tell me if there are any noise issues given the location.  Also if a certain building, floor or how the unit faces will have more or less noise.  I'm guessing units facing in or towards Soi Honey might be quieter? " There are noise issues at The Base, specifically the beer bars on soi Diana near the Areca Lodge (ie not LK Metro itself) from about 6pm to about 2am.  From the 20somethingth floor balcony, ie almost vertically above the beer bars, the beer bar music was clearly audible, but it didn't actually worry me much, and it was faint but audible from inside with the windows closed.  I quite liked the beer bar music at say 6-7pm as I was getting ready to go out, it reminded me there was excitement out there and I should get out and join in.  I was out most of most evenings, so overall I'd say noise from outside didn't trouble me much at all, but if you think you'd be sensitive to noise, ie you want to sleep from say midnight, don't book the southfacing side of the south The Base Tower.  The inwards-facing and the soi Honey side condos will barely be able to hear the soi Diana beer bars at all so no noise problem there I'm aware of.  I much prefer the high outwards-facing condos, but maybe that's subjective.

Yes, The Base security guards and their saluting is a bit of a PITA, but I just tried to ignore that minor annoyance.

10 PattayaDay.jpg

BaseAptFloorPlan.jpg

Edited by SirL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL SirL, I enjoyed my stay at The Base and I kind of liked that saluting along with clicking their heels together thing the guards did. Just salute and proceed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-14 at 2:45 AM, SirL said:

Let's be clear about the sizes of the condos at The Base - there seems to be some misinformation going on.

All the details are on http://www.sansiri.com/condominium/thebase-central-pattaya/en/#tab-id-22 .  Please go about halfway down that page to PLAN in green, and then click on Units Layout.

As well as various larger size condos, The Base condos are built in two smaller sizes, 29 m2 (floorplan click on 1a on the right halfway down that link) and 34 m2 (floorplan click on 1b on that link).  I believe the two Base towers contain ~800 units of 29 m2, and ~200 units of 34 m2, the larger 34 m2 units being located higher in the building.  It's fairly easy to see whether the condo you're thinking of renting is the full-width-balcony 34 m2 size or the smaller 29 m2 size, so if it's something that worries you, be sure to rent the larger size.

I've recently rented a 34 m2 condo with full width balcony on the 20somethingth floor of the southern tower of The Base for a couple of months, paying B18,000/month, facing outwards, ie southwards towards WS.  It had excellent private cable internet and wifi installed by the owner - I used my laptop ethernet-plugged into the router and my phone on wifi in my condo with never the slightest problem.  The balcony view from my condo and floorplan is at the bottom of this post (does anyone know with this new software how to insert a pic into the middle of the text?)  Personally I was quite happy with the size and layout of the condo - what I'll be looking for next time is more of a desk setup in order to be able to work better during the day.  I moved the kitchen table into the living area in my condo (see floorplan below) and used the TV as a second computer screen, which worked OK but I'd have preferred a more formal desk set up.  I like the look of the desk in 60minuteman's third pic about three posts above this.

" Can anyone that has stayed at The Base tell me if there are any noise issues given the location.  Also if a certain building, floor or how the unit faces will have more or less noise.  I'm guessing units facing in or towards Soi Honey might be quieter? " There are noise issues at The Base, specifically the beer bars on soi Diana near the Areca Lodge (ie not LK Metro itself) from about 6pm to about 2am.  From the 20somethingth floor balcony, ie almost vertically above the beer bars, the beer bar music was clearly audible, but it didn't actually worry me much, and it was faint but audible from inside with the windows closed.  I quite liked the beer bar music at say 6-7pm as I was getting ready to go out, it reminded me there was excitement out there and I should get out and join in.  I was out most of most evenings, so overall I'd say noise from outside didn't trouble me much at all, but if you think you'd be sensitive to noise, ie you want to sleep from say midnight, don't book the southfacing side of the south The Base Tower.  The inwards-facing and the soi Honey side condos will barely be able to hear the soi Diana beer bars at all so no noise problem there I'm aware of.  I much prefer the high outwards-facing condos, but maybe that's subjective.

Yes, The Base security guards and their saluting is a bit of a PITA, but I just tried to ignore that minor annoyance.

10 PattayaDay.jpg

BaseAptFloorPlan.jpg

 

You've certainly made out better than I did. I'm on the third floor in the small unit and paying 20k per month. In fairness, I did walk in off the street and book through the office.  The real violation will probably come with the water bill though(40 baht/unit as opposed to the usual 100 baht/month flat rate).

 

60minuteman

I'd happily pay 26k for a unit at VT6. I was under the impression that they were considerably more.  My days of 10k/month units in Jomtien and 20 mins of heavy traffic to get into town are probably over. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Napsterlover

You're a better man than me.  In 11 years of visits I can't think of a single interaction with a Thai male(ex gf's family aside) that I wouldn't have been happier without. A drunk, passed out security guard in Thailand is equally effective and more to my liking 5555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think someone thinks the residents/guests at The Base like the clicking heels together when saluting thing, it must have been started to show respect to the residents/guests.  It doesn't work for me, I'd rather slip in and out discreetly, but it isn't done deliberately to annoy at all. 

It is against the rules/illegal by public law for condos to be rented for periods of less than 1 month.  There are notices in The Base lifts to remind you of that.  Short lets do take place though (of course).  You can see people coming and going with luggage all the time.  My Base booking was originally for two separate periods (of 2.5 weeks and 3.5 weeks) with a gap in between, but the work trip to Singapore I was going to do in the gap didn't happen.  The booking of the gap to make it one continuous 8 week stay only took place at the very last minute - short stays were definitely possible when I was there, but I sense things may tighten up on short stays.

I guess there's a big difference in the feeling of spaciousness in The Base condos if you're facing outwards or inwards.  I guess the inwards-facing condos, with another wall of condos 50 metres away straight out of your window, make you feel a bit more visually defensive, maybe having curtains shut, so your condo feels smaller.  The high outwards-facing condos mean you can never bother with curtains if you want, and do what you like on the balcony etc, so the condo feels more spacious and not so tight.  Particularly at night, girls and I have been naked and doing naughty stuff out on the balcony.

"In fairness, I did walk in off the street and book through the office"  I booked six months ahead and chose carefully, putting some time into reading about The Base.  The exact condo I stayed in now seems to be booked solid until next January, ie the next ten months, so you need to look around all the booking sites and agents for the best deal.

Edited by SirL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked my condo yesterday at The Base for May. I've rented the 35sqm condo (the same type as SirLs, with full width balcony) facing south, tower B (the one with the rooftop pool) on the 27th floor (the view is amazing).

Before, i saw inumerous sites and i also was interested in VT6. I made several contacts (condo6, honey and other real estate agents). There were some advertised between 25-30k for VT6, but after contacts all the good ones were rented for my dates. There were some, but not worthy (corny and old) comparing to The Base. But next time, if i'll find a good one at VT6 facing south for 25k maybe i'll choose it. Maybe. Depends on how i would feel at The Base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now