Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• kgbagent

New Sub Forums created for other parts of Asia   31/12/17

Due to an interest in other destinations in Asia new subforums have been created and all relevant content has been reordered to suit.  It is called "VIETNAM - MYANMAR / LAOS - MALAYSIA / SPORE / INDO - CHINA /HK / MACAU SUB FORUMS"  Please check it out from the main menu and post away - much appreciated !!!!
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
PR1977

ATM and Bank Exchange Rate Comparison

sadisfied

Sa-teef, I was wondering if you know what happened to the food place with the picnic tables out on Third Road. The last time I was in Pattaya, around end November, I walked over there and it was completely razed to the ground.

Did they ever build it back up or did she move to a new spot?

johnlb

Here is a link to SuperRich money changer.

http://www.superrich1965.com/en_branch.html

Click on the drop down arrow,  scroll down to Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi, third from the bottom.

There is another but I can't find their website. But just in the same area, on the way to the station.   

Cheers..

George36
3 hours ago, johnlb said:

Here is a link to SuperRich money changer.

http://www.superrich1965.com/en_branch.html

There is another but I can't find their website.

Cheers..

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, it looks like they will not be open at my midnight arrival time:.

Are the TT booths open all night?  Or, any other booths that I can hit on the way to Pattaya?   Pattaya has Songkran through the 19th but, I believe, the rest of the country is done before my arrival.  I will be leaving the airport at about 1:00 a.m. on the 19th.  

Thanks for the responses.  Greatly appreciated.

Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi station, B floor

“Address : Booth SVB RC29 Bangna - Trad Rachatava Bang Phli district. Prakan 10540.

Open : Daily 05.30 am - 11.00 pm. (buy and sell)

Sa-teef
9 hours ago, sadisfied said:

Sa-teef, I was wondering if you know what happened to the food place with the picnic tables out on Third Road. The last time I was in Pattaya, around end November, I walked over there and it was completely razed to the ground.

Did they ever build it back up or did she move to a new spot?

She and her son were both great cooks. When I told her that we had bought the condo out in the bushes she kind of moaned a bit, saying a lot of regular customers were moving away from the area.
I was a bit shocked when I went by on the back of a motocy in the December-January time frame to see the building was gone! :wacko: She had done some major renovations to the inside of the building where she and her extended family lived less than two years ago, but I suppose the building owner got an offer he couldn't refuse?

Since I moved out to South Pattaya I seldom get down that direction and when I do it is to visit Big C Extra/Home Pro on Pattaya Klang. Most times I take the bahtbus home.

-----------------------------------------

Some fresh ones today.

DSC06478ppp_zpsoyixvfeg.jpg

DSC06479ppp_zpsncirmqlu.jpg

DSC06480ppp_zpsx28fqwcv.jpg

DSC06493ppp_zpsb6t1z0ff.jpg

DSC06495ppp_zpsjotahnbq.jpg

DSC06498ppp_zpsjgggtoro.jpg

DSC06501ppp_zpsgrxsklnr.jpg

DSC06505ppp_zpszcr7eyd3.jpg

DSC06508ppp_zpslwyipogn.jpg

Damn helmets.

DSC06511ppp_zpsjl1n9sg3.jpg

DSC06515ppp_zpsl1ecxdcf.jpg

DSC06517ppp_zpsi1epiqcv.jpg

DSC06488ppp_zpsayoozb68.jpg

DSC06489ppp_zpsxqtwe7io.jpg

DSC06522ppp_zpsidu94yzg.jpg

DSC06523ppp_zpsavp9hvub.jpg

DSC06525ppp_zpsrsywkhkx.jpg

DSC06527ppp_zpsdnqagcrn.jpg

DSC06528ppp_zpsw0ituugv.jpg

DSC06531ppp_zpsdwztsnfc.jpg

DSC06533ppp_zpspwgmdzut.jpg

DSC06535ppp_zpsacmihsbo.jpg

DSC06537ppp_zpsjdz4cveb.jpg

DSC06540ppp_zps12uzjsua.jpg

DSC06555ppp_zpsodm5ylon.jpg

DSC06557ppp_zps9lbf3moh.jpg

DSC06570ppp_zpsxvhtwd5m.jpg

DSC04771ppp_zpsbod5pz6k.jpg

Sa-teef
24 minutes ago, George36 said:

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, it looks like they will not be open at my midnight arrival time:.

Are the TT booths open all night?  Or, any other booths that I can hit on the way to Pattaya?   Pattaya has Songkran through the 19th but, I believe, the rest of the country is done before my arrival.  I will be leaving the airport at about 1:00 a.m. on the 19th.  

“Address : Booth SVB RC29 Bangna - Trad Rachatava Bang Phli district. Prakan 10540.

None of the TT's are open 24 hours that I am aware of in Patters, although I did check with the one at Soi Bhuakow/Soi Chaiyapoon today and she said they would not be closing this year for the holiday. Years ago there used to be a Purple bank kiosk open 24 hours in the baggage claim area but I have no idea if it's open any longer.

You got a unique problem George36.  If you can't find an exchange booth open at Swampy I would likely bite the bullet  and draw a few thousand baht on your US ATM card for the night while you are at the airport?  Better than losing 10+% buying Thai currency in a foreign country.

Luv2Phuket

George36 - I agree with Sa-Teef.

First option would be to exchange $100-200 USD at whatever booth you can find at BKK

Barring that, I would suck it up and hit an ATM with your US ATM card (assuming you can't get a Schwab ATM card in time - it can save you a ton of money).  Be certain to check with your bank and find out what kind of fees they charge.  If it is a flat fee -- NOT a % -- then you are better off taking a larger amount out.  A $5 or $10 fee (+ whatever the Thai bank hits you with) will really kill the effective exchange rate if you only take out a 3,000-4,000 baht.

Here's a link for the Schwab account -- set it up online and call and ask them to rush/overnight you the ATM card.  No fees; they refund the Thai bank's ATM fee and the exchange rate is very good: https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/checking_account

sadisfied

She and her son were both great cooks. When I told her that we had bought the condo out in the bushes she kind of moaned a bit, saying a lot of regular customers were moving away from the area.
I was a bit shocked when I went by on the back of a motocy in the December-January time frame to see the building was gone! :wacko: She had done some major renovations to the inside of the building where she and her extended family lived less than two years ago, but I suppose the building owner got an offer he couldn't refuse?
Since I moved out to South Pattaya I seldom get down that direction and when I do it is to visit Big C Extra/Home Pro on Pattaya Klang. Most times I take the bahtbus home.

Thanks Sa-teef. After the renovations she did, I had thought she owned the building but I guess not. Pity, their food was lovely.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

johnlb
22 hours ago, George36 said:

I think you will find the money changers on the Arrival Level will be open. But the rate will just not be as good as the B level down near the station entrance. Just change 1 or 2 hundred to keep you going till the next morning. They have been open when I've come through at around 5.30am. Failing that, as Sa-teef suggests, use an ATM to grab 2 or 3 thousand Baht at the airport. Tell the condo office that you will pay up in the morning as Money Changers were closed!

Cheers, HAVE FUN

Sa-teef
23 hours ago, johnlb said:

Cheers, HAVE FUN

Yes.  That's the whole point of being here. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made it over to Jomtien Immigration for my 90 day report today.

DSC06807WWW_zps8mp6aey5.jpg

And you had better get in gear tomorrow unless you wish to wait until after Songkran.

25525Immigration_zpsst7ryj4o.jpg

DSC06737WWW_zpsrephele9.jpg

DSC06777WWW_zps1wwoxgsn.jpg

DSC06741WWW_zps7gw6zoqe.jpg

DSC06742WWW_zpsobosolte.jpg

DSC06745WWW_zpsil9feutb.jpg

DSC06746WWW_zpscywjecun.jpg

DSC06747WWW_zpshxgxjjo3.jpg

DSC06758WWW_zpswrnyn32z.jpg

DSC06801WWW_zps5gv2dqth.jpg

DSC06804WWW_zpsq67tfjqx.jpg

DSC06809WWW_zps7julirjb.jpg

DSC06790WWW_zpsyep24hsj.jpg

DSC06784WWW_zps3hjh7d9m.jpg

DSC06793WWW_zpspdlzizk3.jpg

DSC06797WWW_zpsvffbl6an.jpg

DSC06813WWW_zpsm6qqsqb6.jpg

DSC06815WWW_zpsxgj3lodw.jpg

DSC06817WWW_zpslnb8j6f1.jpg

DSC06828WWW_zpswyjegefa.jpg

DSC06829WWW_zpsygvcfcox.jpg

DSC06831WWW_zpsxvxswpnc.jpg

DSC06839WWW_zpsvlnol0lr.jpg

DSC06848WWW_zps5d0qrcyh.jpg

DSC06875WWW_zpsusy6rb0p.jpg

As the weather warms in Eastern Europe we'll be seeing a few less Russian tourists.

DSC06886WWW_zpsln10lhly.jpg

And Jomtien gets back to it's roots for the summer.

DSC06882WWW_zpsucnh0lff.jpg

DSC06853WWW_zpsjj14cupj.jpg

DSC06858WWW_zps8b1wkptv.jpg

DSC06862WWW_zpsyzalewod.jpg

DSC06864WWW_zpsujngz0sm.jpg

DSC06880WWW_zpsxwgolibp.jpg

DSC06887WWW_zpscdqbiqbn.jpg

DSC06773WWW_zps1lbtchfa.jpg

And a couple girls in cutoff jeans from the other day.

DSC06129WWW_zpsl6loe9jr.jpg

DSC06131WWW_zpsa1ieysjh.jpg

DSC06132WWW_zpsjds4lxxz.jpg

DSC06145WWW_zpsn1outptz.jpg

DSC06154WWW_zpsj3rbrlla.jpg

DSC06157WWW_zpscihfor27.jpg

DSC06750WWW_zpsirbabzx4.jpg

George36
On 4/7/2018 at 21:04, Simmo11 said:

I always brought 50k baht with me, bought online in my own country. Got as good a rate, if not better.

Was pleasantly surprised today.  My daughter, who handles our trust, went to Chase Bank to get our cash for Thailand and was advised that they can order me 3k USD in Baht at 31.19 with no fees or cost.  Plus, my Chase debit card will reimburse the Thai ATM fees.  So, we are all set to go.

Thanks for everyone’s input.  Looking forward to our trip next week.

Simmo11
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, George36 said:

Was pleasantly surprised today.  My daughter, who handles our trust, went to Chase Bank to get our cash for Thailand and was advised that they can order me 3k USD in Baht at 31.19 with no fees or cost.  Plus, my Chase debit card will reimburse the Thai ATM fees.  So, we are all set to go.

Thanks for everyone’s input.  Looking forward to our trip next week.

Might still be worth checking some of the more reputable online currency providers. My currency came by post in about 3 days. However, 31.19 is a good rate, can't see anyone beating that by much.

BTW. Worth remembering that there is a limit of 50,000 baht per person on bringing Thai baht into Thailand. !00k for family travelling on one passport. However, never known anyone falling foul of this law.

Edited by Simmo11

Sa-teef

I guess it's safe to come out again?  555.  A few I snapped today.  I'll get back in the swing of things.

DSC07017www.jpg

DSC07164www.jpg

DSC07019www.jpg

DSC07081www.jpg

DSC07073www.jpg

DSC07125www.jpg

DSC07129www.jpg

DSC07131www.jpg

DSC07143www.jpg

DSC07146www.jpg