Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

  • Announcements

    • kgbagent

      New Sub Forums created for other parts of Asia   31/12/17

      Due to an interest in other destinations in Asia new subforums have been created and all relevant content has been reordered to suit.  It is called "VIETNAM - MYANMAR / LAOS - MALAYSIA / SPORE / INDO - CHINA /HK / MACAU SUB FORUMS"  Please check it out from the main menu and post away - much appreciated !!!!
    • whitespider

      Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

      URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Sign in to follow this  
Tornado Red

Education visa to Retirement visa

Recommended Posts

Tornado Red
Looking for some information regarding Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay).
I am hoping to come and live in Thailand in the next few months on an Education visa. I have been in contact with my preferred language school in Pattaya and the process seems straight forward enough.
The part I am unsure about is when my Education visa runs out, how do I go about getting a retirement/long stay visa when I am already in Thailand. I will be 50 in around 18 months, so even if I extend my Education visa for a second year I will still have to get a retirement visa at some point.
Will I need to complete the relevant paperwork and go to a Thai Consulate in another country, Laos for example, or will I be able to go to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.
I know I am not going to need a retirement visa for a while yet, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this