Sexyfarangman

Problem With 90 Day Check In for Retirement Visa

Recommended Posts

Sexyfarangman

I am here on a 12 month non-immigrant retirement visa. I went to do my 90 check-in at Jomtien but was told that I didn't have sufficient information. My valid passport and rent receipt weren't enough. It appears that my landlord has to go to immigration to do something. She said she will go tomorrow. However, I don't know what is going on. What does immigration want me to give them? This isn't clear. Has anyone else had this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
5 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I am here on a 12 month non-immigrant retirement Visa. I went to do my 90 check-in at Jomtien but was told that I didn't have sufficient information. My valid passport and rent receipt weren't enough. It appears that my landlord has to go to immigration to do something. She said she will go tomorrow. However, I don't know what is going on. What does immigration want me to give them? This isn't clear. Has anyone else had this problem?

All aliens should be checked in.

Your landlord may be in trouble for not submitting a TM30...google it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
14 minutes ago, Edge said:

All aliens should be checked in.

Your landlord may be in trouble for not submitting a TM30...google it.

You may be right. The manager of this hotel told me that the new owner hasn't done anything. But this creates a nightmare for me. If this can't get straightened out quickly, I will be forced to take a round trip to Cambodia in order to start my visa running another 90 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahoy
12 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

You may be right. The manager of this hotel told me that the new owner hasn't done anything. But this creates a nightmare for me. If this can't get straightened out quickly, I will be forced to take a round trip to Cambodia in order to start my Visa running another 90 days.

Go talk to the nice folks at the visa agency to the left of the immigration office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dave01
10 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

You may be right. The manager of this hotel told me that the new owner hasn't done anything. But this creates a nightmare for me. If this can't get straightened out quickly, I will be forced to take a round trip to Cambodia in order to start my Visa running another 90 days.

Are you on the visa extension or still on the Non IMM type visa? If still  on the NON IMM, and it is multi entry, sure you may have to leave the country, but the advantage is your permission to stay will be another 12 months from the date you re-enter.  If on the extension, when you come back, as you know, that will reset the 90 day clock. That would give plenty of time to sort the TMxx out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
1 minute ago, kahoy said:

Go talk to the nice folks at the Visa agency to the left of the immigration office.

What can they do for me and how much will it cost? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahoy
45 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

What can they do for me and how much will it cost? 

I can't tell you what they might suggest you do. You need to ask them that.

Edited by kahoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
57 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

You may be right. The manager of this hotel told me that the new owner hasn't done anything. But this creates a nightmare for me. If this can't get straightened out quickly, I will be forced to take a round trip to Cambodia in order to start my Visa running another 90 days.

Hope your landlord takes some Baht with him then....might cost you a couple of thousand too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
Just now, Edge said:

Hope your landlord takes some Baht with him then....might cost you a couple of thousand too.

It will cost me 1900 if I am able to renew, more if I have to go to Cambodia. However, at least now I know about this for the next time I stay on a long-term basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Insomniac
11 hours ago, Edge said:

All aliens should be checked in.

Your landlord may be in trouble for not submitting a TM30...google it.

Don't know how they would link this to a 90 day check in. They normally can't wait to get rid of you. In my Immigration office just provide passport and 1 minute later back in car. In fact they always file the TM30 in the bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
2 hours ago, Insomniac said:

Don't know how they would link this to a 90 day check in. They normally can't wait to get rid of you. In my Immigration office just provide passport and 1 minute later back in car. In fact they always file the TM30 in the bin.

The point is that they can if they choose to, quite easily it seems.
I assume that the database simply doesn't show an address for him.
One of those things they can enforce or not as they please.
You don't say which is your immigration office but Pattaya has been fining people and hotels (House Masters).
If you search Thaivisa you can find out more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oukiva
14 hours ago, dave01 said:

Are you on the Visa extension or still on the Non IMM type Visa?  //

Hum... Maybe not the OP question, but looks like he may think that a 90-Days report will allow him to stay yet 90 days... and it's not the case !

The 90-Days report and the Authorisation of Stay that your visa give you are two different and uncorrelated things.

Check your "Admitted Until" date in your passport.

(For the other part of the question, yes: TM30 ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
55 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Hum... Maybe not the OP question, but looks like he may think that a 90-Days report will allow him to stay yet 90 days... and it's not the case !

The 90-Days report and the Authorisation of Stay that your Visa give you are two different and uncorrelated things.

Check your "Admitted Until" date in your passport.

(For the other part of the question, yes: TM30 ...)

I don't understand. I have a 12 month retirement visa. What is an authorization of stay? Can any of the visa services in Pattaya help me straighten this problem out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just hanging

all that info should already be logged into the computer, and you go with your passport, they scan your 90Day sheet into the computer and give you a new one.  do you have a utility receipt for anything in your name, that works.  

 

If you dont, and dont already have the info in the computer, and your landlord wont fill in the paper, hit the visa place to the left of the imigration and they will fix you up, hopefully next time will just need a scan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
forcebwithu
53 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I don't understand. I have a 12 month retirement Visa. What is an authorization of stay? Can any of the Visa services in Pattaya help me straighten this problem out?

Once your retirement visa is up, you need to apply annually for a 12 month extension to stay based on retirement. That is the authorization to stay. The 90 day report, which is what you stated you are having problems with is probably getting rejected because of the missing TM30 others have posted about. Another option you may want to try is the online 90 day report. If the TM30 check is a manual process, the online option may accept your application. BTW, the online 90 report has been down most of the year, but you're in luck as it appears to be working again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
47 minutes ago, just hanging said:

all that info should already be logged into the computer, and you go with your passport, they scan your 90Day sheet into the computer and give you a new one.  do you have a utility receipt for anything in your name, that works.  .....................................

If I understood correctly, this was his first 90 day report and it came up that this is the first time he's reported his current address (so nothing in the computer) and now it's come up that his Landlord hasn't been submitting TM30s as House Master.

For now it's all about getting the Landlord to go to Immigration and sort it.
I don't think there's any other clever solution and I doubt that an agent can fix it now.
90 day reports can be up to 7 days late I think, so no panic yet....as long as Landlord goes.

The rules about TM30s are waiting to trip many of us up.....lots of us don't even know what they are and flit in and out without ever filling in a TM30.
I left the country a couple of months before I was due to apply for a new extension and I didn't comply with the requirement to report to Immigration within 24 hours....same address as before.
Then I read on Thaivisa about people being flagged up at 90 day reporting and extensions.
I didn't want any problems with my application so I (stupidly perhaps) went there and innocently asked if I should do a TM30 (2 weeks late).
I was shown into the TM30 / House Master office to the left.......fined 1600 Baht.  :Oops1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just hanging

an agent can fix it for sure, for some cash.  I would not normally do it but if the last resort then.    I understand if you have a cup of coffee in the shop right at the street, and explain your problem, and you dont know what to do, it might be fixed by your second cup, with a really good tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
10 minutes ago, Edge said:

If I understood correctly, this was his first 90 day report and it came up that this is the first time he's reported his current address (so nothing in the computer) and now it's come up that his Landlord hasn't been submitting TM30s as House Master.

For now it's all about getting the Landlord to go to Immigration and sort it.
I don't think there's any other clever solution and I doubt that an agent can fix it now.
90 day reports can be up to 7 days late I think, so no panic yet....as long as Landlord goes.

The rules about TM30s are waiting to trip many of us up.....lots of us don't even know what they are and flit in and out without ever filling in a TM30.
I left the country a couple of months before I was due to apply for a new extension and I didn't comply with the requirement to report to Immigration within 24 hours....same address as before.
Then I read on Thaivisa about people being flagged up at 90 day reporting and extensions.
I didn't want any problems with my application so I (stupidly perhaps) went there and innocently asked if I should do a TM30 (2 weeks late).
I was shown into the TM30 / House Master office to the left.......fined 1600 Baht.  :Oops1:

Can I rent another place for a couple of days and then go to immigration? Presumably, another place will comply with the TM 30 requirement. That would put me into the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
4 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Can I rent another place for a couple of days and then go to immigration? Presumably, another place will comply with the TM 30 requirement. That would put me into the system.

I think the problem with any sort of manoevre (incl the online idea) is that you are flagged now.
You have to go back to do your 90 day report and your file will be sitting there with a note attached.
I may be wrong of course.
If you've got enough time, it might be worth a try.

Edit...Of course when you move back , you need to do an address change notification and then...........:Oops1:again.

Edited by Edge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
1 minute ago, Edge said:

I think the problem with any sort of manoevre (incl the online idea) is that you are flagged now.
You have to go back to do your 90 day report and your file will be sitting there with a note attached.
I may be wrong of course.
If you've got enough time, it might be worth a try.

If i understand your comment correctly, you are saying that I may be held liable for my landlord's negligence in faillng to comply with the TM 30 requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saddic
29 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

If i understand your comment correctly, you are saying that I may be held liable for my landlord's negligence in faillng to comply with the TM 30 requirements.

This is what they are saying in ThaiVisa..  (and it depends on the immigration office in your province)... pretty sure Jontiem does the fines too..  (I am about to test that end of month)...

They are also saying that (TIT) it is easier to fine the person going to the immigration office for the offense (aka retiree's) than to chase down residence owners... so that is what they do... to the tune of 1600b...

They are also saying easier for us (farang) to go and update your TM30 info at the immigration office to show you are good guy... than take a risk about the owners... QED...  I will also test this upon my next arrival... (as I am pretty sure my residence owner knows fuckall and probably does not file)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
33 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

If i understand your comment correctly, you are saying that I may be held liable for my landlord's negligence in faillng to comply with the TM 30 requirements.

Firstly, did you see my Edit re' switching hotels?

No, you're not responsible for your Landlord's non compliance, just you may be inconvenienced by it.
No, also re' you being fined, I was my own House Master so that's why I was was fined.
Ditto I think in various cases recently, I think it was because they were Condo' dwellers renting privately perhaps....not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edge
5 minutes ago, Saddic said:

This is what they are saying in ThaiVisa..  (and it depends on the immigration office in your province)... pretty sure Jontiem does the fines too..  (I am about to test that end of month)...

They are also saying that (TIT) it is easier to fine the person going to the immigration office for the offense (aka retiree's) than to chase down residence owners... so that is what they do... to the tune of 1600b...

They are also saying easier for us (farang) to go and update your TM30 info at the immigration office to show you are good guy... than take a risk about the owners... QED...  I will also test this upon my next arrival... (as I am pretty sure my residence owner knows fuckall and probably does not file)...

I confess that I've not followed it on Thaivisa for a couple of months, plus we have to remember that although the Regulations are set in stone, enforcement and interpretation are not.

I hear what you're saying about it being easier to snare farang at Immigration, but I got the impression that they were using that to get to the House Master.
The logic of that is that if he hasn't reported one then there are likely to be lots more offences to fine him for.
Plus they do actually want the Landlords to comply.

For a foreigner staying in a hotel, I don't see what offence he has committed.
The only farang who must complete a TM30 are those who are also the House Master, and in theory they should not only be completing for themselves, but also for any (foreign) house guests they have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
15 minutes ago, Saddic said:

This is what they are saying in ThaiVisa..  (and it depends on the immigration office in your province)... pretty sure Jontiem does the fines too..  (I am about to test that end of month)...

They are also saying that (TIT) it is easier to fine the person going to the immigration office for the offense (aka retiree's) than to chase down residence owners... so that is what they do... to the tune of 1600b...

They are also saying easier for us (farang) to go and update your TM30 info at the immigration office to show you are good guy... than take a risk about the owners... QED...  I will also test this upon my next arrival... (as I am pretty sure my residence owner knows fuckall and probably does not file)...

But how do I update that information? I brought a rental receipt and business card from the hotel but was still rejected. I don't mind paying an extra 1600 baht if that is all that's involved. But it appears to me that it's not that simple. The Immigration office at Jomtien was quite insistent that the landlord comply with the requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexyfarangman
6 minutes ago, Edge said:

I confess that I've not followed it on Thaivisa for a couple of months, plus we have to remember that although the Regulations are set in stone, enforcement and interpretation are not.

I hear what you're saying about it being easier to snare farang at Immigration, but I got the impression that they were using that to get to the House Master.
The logic of that is that if he hasn't reported one then there are likely to be lots more offences to fine him for.
Plus they do actually want the Landlords to comply.

For a foreigner staying in a hotel, I don't see what offence he has committed.
The only farang who must complete a TM30 are those who are also the House Master, and in theory they should not only be completing for themselves, but also for any (foreign) house guests they have.  

You are correct in that the hotel has not complied for anyone else staying here. I found this out last night when talking to the manager, who blamed it on the new owner. At any rate, she is usually on the ball and has assured me that she will go to immigration today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now