Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  

Tripp
On 13/02/2018 at 09:41, DaffyDuck said:

Why get bored? It's only 10 minutes away from Pattaya, and there's plenty around.

10 minutes,  more like 30 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic , but it's a nice place to live.  I live not too far away from Bang Saray and it has a good expat community, great shopping and all the amenities you need.  Great sea food.  

Tripp
On 13/02/2018 at 21:51, ChiFlyer said:

thanks to those you took the time to weigh in. there are some good points here and also a few I disagree with. just to babble a little about what I am thinking at this point.

• Although I am 68, I am in pretty good health and shape. I work out everyday and stay active. My health metrics for my age are pretty good. Increasingly, I am diet conscious. I really do not see myself slowing it down for the next 7 years. That could certainly all go to shit tomorrow, but that would be true if I was 28 as well. I have noticed that my contemporaries who keep living their lives do well. I plan to do the same. 
  • I figured for Bang Saray I would need to buy a car. I have a motor bike now. Not a problem for me. People in my family tend to stay alert and functional into their 80s.
  • Yes, I have a Thai GF. Yes, I trust her well enough to construct a Thai company for the purpose of buying a house. I hear the trick is to make sure I am the only one with voting rights. Still this is a big step and the idea of renting for 6 months at first makes a lot of sense.
  • Like I said this is probably a one year plan with a sequence of small steps.

later,

CF

that all sounds very positive. I bought a house here and I'm  glad that I did.   There is nothing like knowing you are in your own place and can put down real roots. However, the advice to rent first is sensible I wouidl say.  PM me if you want more detailed information on how it works for someone of our vintage.  

Encora

I understand strictly speaking Del Mare is Na Jomtien. Apparently, because the building regulations in Bang Saray didn't allow for such high rise, someone (!) managed to get the district bounderies changed, so Del Mare fall just within the NaJomtien borders now....

Oukiva
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:27, Tripp said:

// Bang Saray and it has a good Expat community, great shopping and all the amenities you need //

Great shopping? You mean something like a Big C, a Tesco Lotus, a Friendship ?

All amenities? Like hospitals ? public library ? movies theatre ? many sport clubs ? ...

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM   :unsure:

Tripp
32 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Great shopping? You mean something like a Big C, a Tesco Lotus, a Friendship ?

All amenities? Like hospitals ? public library ? movies theatre ? many sport clubs ? ...

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM   :unsure:

It has some excellent local shops. Not all of us need or want big supermarkets.  Yes, it has sports clubs. It has a well stocked and large clinic and the Navy Hospital is 5km away.  Public library?? Not much call for that in these parts.

Seems to me that you need a 'City' not a 'town' to live in.  Fair enoughh, but cities are not the be all and end all for a lot of people. 

Encora

Hands up all BM who use the public Library anywhere in Thailand.......

Encora

But does anyone know what they are building in between Nong Nuch and Home Pro?

Big mystery....

KittenKong

Just more houses isnt it?

Encora

I doubt it, considering the size and what's visible now. Also, housing they announce from the start with advertising, this has not a clue on the outside...

KittenKong
3 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Didn't see any of all that at my last visit, and seems the city is already dead at 9PM

Some of us like quiet places that shut early.

adammike
On 13/02/2018 at 11:20, usexpat46 said:

I live in Pattaya and don't notice the noise where I live.  Also Pratamnak and Wongamat are quiet areas. Bang Saray is nice but I think you would also need to purchase a car.

I met a English couple who were staying at the same guest house as myself, they lived in Bang Saray and would pop over to Jomtien for a few days every now and then,they said they had a great house(rented) and they got a lot for what they paid more than they could get around Pattaya itself.I got the impression that not a lot was happening in Bang Saray.

Kim Jong Il

I've just returned home after 3 months in Jomtien. I understand exactly what the OP is saying re the noise as I stayed in the same building as him, though we never met.

East Pattaya or Na Jomtien / Bang Saray are on my list of places to stay in the next few visits. I don't drink and I do drive so the transport part is no problem for me.

I've also pondered the buying part but as I prefer a house for the longer terms I think I'll be happy to rent and not have any potential hassle.