Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Mr_wimpy

Decent Documentaries worth a watch?

Mr_wimpy

I much prefer watching documentaries rather than fiction or shit TV.

Any recommendations.

Here's a couple of mine...

• The Thin Blue Line
  • The Dangerous Life of John McAfee
  • The Crash Reel
  • Blackfish
  • The Founder (film not documentary but still good)
  • Supersonic
  • Deep Web
  • The Armstrong Lie
  • The Imposter
  • Supersize Me
  • The Killing$s of Tony Blair
  • The Farthest
  • Catfish

gmingot

Another one to add, "Who killed the electric car?". Amazing the efforts the big automakers went to build electric cars but only to sabotage the very concept. 

mikemikemike

A documentary I really liked was called "Fed Up". Its mainly about the obesity problem in America and whats causing it such as unhealthy school lunches and the sugar industry.

SirRox

Last Days in Vietnam ...  great doc about the fall of Saigon

Beware of Mr. Baker...... Cream drummer Ginger baker...

kash buc

I think a lot of BM's here would like the documentary called the  'Shadow Billionare'

duffMaster

Ikarus . a doc. thriller about doping., it’s great.

Searching for sugar man. A search for a lost  Muscian who believed to be dead, but ...

I also like the one hour documentaries on BBC Storyville Global . Man6 good ones. Rocking Cambodia - Rise of a Pop Diva or the The Road are two good examples. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtn14/episodes/guide

Stokielad

Last couple of BBC natural history docs with David Attenborough have been stunning Planet Earth 2 and Blue Planet 2.

Hjernestimulanz

cocain cowboys/ cocain cowboys reloaded

Joethescot
1 hour ago, Mr_wimpy said:

I much prefer watching documentaries rather than fiction or shit TV.

Any recommendations.

Here's a couple of mine...

• The Thin Blue Line
  • The Dangerous Life of John McAfee
  • The Crash Reel
  • Blackfish
  • The Founder (film not documentary but still good)
  • Supersonic
  • Deep Web
  • The Armstrong Lie
  • The Imposter
  • Supersize Me
  • The Killing$s of Tony Blair
  • The Farthest
  • Catfish

Supersonic was excellent,specially if you where a teenager when Oasis arrived on the scene.

Watched the founder on the plane over last year was good.however made m want a Big Mac!,,

Edited by Joethescot

Joethescot

If you guys have Netflix try Icarus it’s brilliant and mind blowing.

BBC just done a great 4 part documentary on the Vietnam war I really enjoyed it and learnt something I didn’t know.

Timeline on YouTube do a lot of good documentaries and upload frequently.

Churchill the early years on youtube is worth a watch.

i find Youtube to be a Mecca for good documentaries on any subject.

Edited by Joethescot

scubascuba3

There is a 10 part Vietnam War series from 2017, worth watching

Cerby666

Some of Louis Theroux's are very good. 

Mr_wimpy
1 hour ago, Stokielad said:

Last couple of BBC natural history docs with David Attenborough have been stunning Planet Earth 2 and Blue Planet 2.

If you watch those on a relaxed Sunday afternoon they are epic 

acronyms

"What Happened, Miss Simone?" is pretty good if you like Nina Simone's music.

Cropped Shaggy
23 minutes ago, L.O.S Lyle said:

"My Thai Bride" is a great documentary and very appropriate for this forum!

http://www.mythaibridefilm.com/

One of the funniest, and simply "wtf?", things I've watched in a while.

Cosmic36

Ken Burns is the King of docs.  The Vietnam doc that came out on PBS last Summer was outstanding.  About 18 hours long over 10 episodes I believe.  I recently watched another long one called The West.  About the American West.  Long but amazing and it's not watered down.  The History of Jazz was kind of difficult to get through.  I mainly listened to it while working on projects around the house.  Not a big fan of Jazz but I like the evolution of music and the insanity off scene.    Many of these are available on Amazon Prime.

Another good doc is Searching for  Sugarman.  

Cerby666

My boyfriend the sex tourist. There a few episodes covering different countries but the Thailand one is good as it gives an idea of both Issan village and Nana Plaza life for a couple of girls.  Its on YouTube. 

whistlerone

just watched a doco called Foxcatcher based on the murder of an olympic wrestler by a rich socialite,found it interesting 

Puttuyu

Shoah

wengweng
5 hours ago, Joethescot said:

If you guys have Netflix try Icarus it’s brilliant and mind blowing.

BBC just done a great 4 part documentary on the Vietnam war I really enjoyed it and learnt something I didn’t know.

Timeline on YouTube do a lot of good documentaries and upload frequently.

Churchill the early years on youtube is worth a watch.

i find Youtube to be a Mecca for good documentaries on any subject.

I have to agree with you about Youtube, its great for documentaries, but I tend to listen to podcast such as Joe Rogan,   or  watching debates about religion, freedom of speech and religion. The guys I love listening to are people like Christopher and Peter Hitchens, Douglas Murray, Stephen Fry     and many others . 

Edited by wengweng

javasumatra

Cosmos - Carl Sagan

The farthest - Voyager in Space

Bruza84

Two documentaries I really enjoyed by Chris bell are  Bigger stronger faster -about steroids, and prescription thugs - about the pharmaceutical industry in US 

xdrt33

"The house I live in" - a very thoughtful review of US drugs policy over the years.

Joethescot
6 hours ago, wengweng said:

I have to agree with you about Youtube, its great for documentaries, but I tend to listen to podcast such as Joe Rogan,   or  watching debates about religion, freedom of speech and religion. The guys I love listening to are people like Christopher and Peter Hitchens, Douglas Murray, Stephen Fry     and many others . 

Mate, I listen to the Joe Rogan experience everyday on my way to work. Some of his guests are superb. He gets a good mix of people on from Joey Diaz,Brian Callen who are his mates to Louis Theroux and the father of the Scientology leader. Love the JRE he is a very intelligent man himself.