Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Mr_wimpy

Decent Documentaries worth a watch?

Woofiee
On 5/7/2018 at 02:49, Shaksey said:

I thought the Vietnam War series was a bit too left leaning overall but the archive footage and talking heads interviews were good.

The truth tends to lean to the left. 

Having grown up at that time, and just being of age when Nixon ceased the draft, I'm under no delusions from pundits rewriting history to their favour. I watched the news voraciously for years leading up to that moment, and as such I found the series chillingly accurate. 

Another interesting documentary: The Fog of War, a doc from Errol Morris (The Thin Blue Line) about Nixon's Defence Secretary Robert McNamara, and the lessons he learned about modern warfare. 

And older one that sometimes makes the rounds, Jonathan Demme's Cousin Bobby, about the director's cousin who works as an Episcopalian minister in Harlem. A great little film about building bridges through understanding and kindness, but on a local, realistic scale. 

For something lighter, ANVIL: The Story of Anvil is an amazing doc about the Canadian heavy-metal band Anvil, who created the sound of heavy metal and, being canadians, were basically "ripped off and left for dead". It covers their European tour which turns into a real-life Spinal Tap - definitely a must-watch.

samlin
On 09/05/2018 at 08:06, Woofiee said:

For something lighter, ANVIL: The Story of Anvil is an amazing doc about the Canadian heavy-metal band Anvil, who created the sound of heavy metal and, being canadians, were basically "ripped off and left for dead". It covers their European tour which turns into a real-life Spinal Tap - definitely a must-watch.

Great documentary, talking about wearing your heart on your sleeve, genuine people whose only luck was bad luck.

Woofiee
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, samlin said:

Great documentary, talking about wearing your heart on your sleeve, genuine people whose only luck was bad luck.

Yeah, and while they had the respect of the music community, the film gave them the exposure they needed. They've been touring for real ever since it came out. The guys really deserve it.

Good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anvil_(band)

Edited by Woofiee

twilight1234

"Jiro dreams of sushi" is a great watch for those who haven't seen it. It deals with an ageing sushi chef who is considered by many to be the best. You get a look into his mindset and his focus on his craft while also diving into the complexities of making top-tier Japanese food. The storytelling and character focus makes it a very engaging documentary. 

CliveBixby74

I just finished “Andre the Giant” on HBO.  Although I haven’t watched in many many years I loved professional wrestling when i was younger and this documentary took me back to that time.  Very well done, I really enjoyed it.

JB300

Great thread which I think has sorted my TV viewing out for the next couple of decades!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Banged Up Abroad (Season 10 is quite new) - Locked Up Abroad is similar..

Plus I enjoy watching the Drugs Inc docs (https://documentaryvine.com/complete-list-drugs-inc-episodes-links-watch-free/

If you're a Kodi User, UK Turk used to have a great documentary list, just checked my link to it & it's no longer there so it may have gone the way of other great Kodi channels...

vilemaggot

I quite enjoyed "The Red Pill". Very eye-opening.

From IMDB: The Red Pill chronicles filmmaker Cassie Jaye's journey following the mysterious and polarizing Men's Rights Movement. The Red Pill explores today's gender war and asks the question "what is the future of gender equality?"