Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
johno67

7 week stay...can i extend visa at jomtien ?

johno67

I am here for 7 weeks,,,,,,i entered on a 30 day stamp with the intention of extending my stay at Jomtien.

last night I was chatting to a guy who told me that I can only get a 7 day extension

can anyone tell me if I can get more than 7 days extension.

thanks

localguy

30 days, Johno, no problem at all. Cost is 1900 baht

Oukiva

Yes, no reason you not get a 30 days extension at Jomtien...

Just prepare it though, as you very probably will have to do the TM.30 declaration

if you are not in an hotel and your landlord didn't do it...

johno67

Thanks for the replies.....the office at my condo has already done the TM 30 declaration.,,,so hopefully all will be fine.

adammike

A question or two,why did you not get a visa for 60 days (cost €30)? How did you manage to get on the flight without a visa? Cheers.

GorGuy
42 minutes ago, adammike said:

A question or two,why did you not get a visa for 60 days (cost €30)? How did you manage to get on the flight without a visa? Cheers.

I cannot answer for Johno, but here are my reasons..

I often book up a flight for the next day or same day, no time to get the 60 day visa. I would need to go into the consulate or post the paperwork off to the consulate and the consulate is over 4 hours drive away. 2 business days waiting for visa and flight must be at least 2 weeks after submitting paperwork for my local consulate.

For the 60 day visa I would have to show return or onward flight and proof of where I am staying, plus bank balance etc. I have not needed to show this for stamp on arrival and I have always been let on the plane and into the country without a return ticket or onward ticket.

Easy as anything to just turn up and get a 30 day stamp, and then extend it by 30 days at immigration office.

[Others experiences may vary, this is my experience and that of my friends]

davidge
3 minutes ago, GorGuy said:

For the 60 day visa I would have to show return or onward flight and proof of where I am staying, plus bank balance etc. 

None of this was necessary when I got a 60-day Visa.

I just filled in the short form, handed it in with my passport and fee then left the Consulate 10 Minutes later with the visa.

rioman

Trying not to derail thread, but have couple immigration issues coming up myself.  came in with one way tkt which seemed no problem, however did enter such that march 1 is day 30.  Forgot significance of that day and assume immigration office not open?  How much trouble you in if you go day after?  Also, I would like to get more than 30 day - like 40 may work better for airline tkts looking at now.  Aside from paying 500bday at airport on exit is there any hope of getting longer than 30 day extension in Jomtien?  Thx.

rail 

davidge
11 minutes ago, rioman said:

Trying not to derail thread, but have couple immigration issues coming up myself.  came in with one way tkt which seemed no problem, however did enter such that march 1 is day 30.  Forgot significance of that day and assume immigration office not open?  How much trouble you in if you go day after?  Also, I would like to get more than 30 day - like 40 may work better for airline tkts looking at now.  Aside from paying 500bday at airport on exit is there any hope of getting longer than 30 day extension in Jomtien?  Thx.

rail 

You should be able to get the extension up to 7 days before so just go in on the 27th or 28th. You will only get 30 days.

Good luck staying an extra 10 days without a visa. Get stopped at any point during that time and it could be a real problem. You’d be lucky if the airport only decided to fine you a small amount as well. It’s not like it’s just 24 hours!

rioman

Ok - guess visa run is something will have to look at this yr.  Of course, do have bit of a weakness for that final 4 basketball tournament that see right on Mar 29-april 2 so likely means need to make visa run sometime lh march.  Something else to look forward too.  Have to start reading more Cambodian threads.  Thx.

davidge
1 minute ago, rioman said:

Ok - guess visa run is something will have to look at this yr.  Of course, do have bit of a weakness for that final 4 basketball tournament that see right on Mar 29-april 2 so likely means need to make visa run sometime lh march.  Something else to look forward too.  Have to start reading more Cambodian threads.  Thx.

If you turn up at the airport you’ll probably get away with paying 5000 baht BUT if you are stopped at any point during the overstay you could get put in an Immigration Detention cell and get a 5-year ban from Thailand. I know plenty  of people take a chance but you have plenty  of time to sort something out & avoid the risk.

GorGuy
4 hours ago, davidge said:

None of this was necessary when I got a 60-day Visa.

I just filled in the short form, handed it in with my passport and fee then left the Consulate 10 Minutes later with the visa.

I understand (from talking to friends) some consulates are easier than others, my "local" used to be an easy 10 minute turn around, but is now under new management and they are a lot stricter and less efficient.

First 60 day visa I got was in 2009, 10 minute turn around and easy, in and out.

Most resent 60 day visa, same City, January 2018 - experience as explained above.

carlos.raff

Surprised the carrier let you board knowing you had 7 week ticket and no visa. Goes against all the rules the thais make carriers aware of. Who were you flying with ??

Edited by carlos.raff

rioman

I flew with no onward tkt from Honolulu on airasia - flew that premium bed service they offer which very good value.  I left myself lots of time at Honolulu airport in case needed to get tkt showing me leaving Thailand.  I will be trying to get visa extension tomorrow with no onward tkt tomorrow so will see how that works.

carlos.raff
3 minutes ago, rioman said:

I flew with no onward tkt from Honolulu on airasia - flew that premium bed service they offer which very good value.  I left myself lots of time at Honolulu airport in case needed to get tkt showing me leaving Thailand.  I will be trying to get visa extension tomorrow with no onward tkt tomorrow so will see how that works.

I was referring to the OP

Sexyfarangman
18 hours ago, GorGuy said:

For the 60 day visa I would have to show return or onward flight and proof of where I am staying, plus bank balance etc. I have not needed to show this for stamp on arrival and I have always been let on the plane and into the country without a return ticket or onward ticket.

Actually, for the 60 day visa in the USA you only have to show the ticket for entry into LOS, not the ticket for when leaving. However, I believe that if you enter on a non-visa for 30 days, you may need to show a ticket for when you will leave. The last two times I entered LOS on an O-A retirement visa, I was asked at the airport in the USA where I was leaving from to show a ticket for leaving LOS. In both instances, I pointed out that I had a visa and didn't need to have a ticket showing an exit. One time when I entered LOS from Vietnam by plane without a 60 day visa, I didn't have an exit ticket. I got through anyway. 

Sexyfarangman
13 hours ago, GorGuy said:

I understand (from talking to friends) some consulates are easier than others, my "local" used to be an easy 10 minute turn around, but is now under new management and they are a lot stricter and less efficient.

First 60 day visa I got was in 2009, 10 minute turn around and easy, in and out.

Most resent 60 day visa, same City, January 2018 - experience as explained above.

Where were you able to do that? The best I've been able to manage is New York City, and I had to come back the following day to pick up the visa.

johno67
20 hours ago, adammike said:

I booked the flight in the afternoon and flew the next morning so I didn't have time to get the visa in UK

I got on the flight with no problem,,,,i wasn't asked about my return date

johno67
3 hours ago, carlos.raff said:

Surprised the carrier let you board knowing you had 7 week ticket and no visa. Goes against all the rules the thais make carriers aware of. Who were you flying with ??

I flew from Manchester with Qatar Airways

davidge
1 hour ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Where were you able to do that? The best I've been able to manage is New York City, and I had to come back the following day to pick up the visa.

Cardiff Consulate. Have to telephone for appointment but then in and out in 10 minutes.

johno67

I will go to Jomtien tomorrow,

Do I need to take anything with me apart from passport and condo rental agreement ?

davidge
2 minutes ago, johno67 said:

I will go to Jomtien tomorrow,

Do I need to take anything with me apart from passport and condo rental agreement ?

I think you’ll need:

form (TM7?)

photo

copy of Passport photo page, entry stamp and departure card

1900 baht.

Don't think you need rental agreement?

You can copy everything and have photo done in place next to Immigration but more expensive than elsewhere.

carlos.raff
16 hours ago, johno67 said:

I flew from Manchester with Qatar Airways

Am startled to say the least. 99/100 you would have been offloaded. Absolute no no as far as the airline is concerned risking your refusal at Suvarnabhumbi and standard £2000 fine

johno67
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 00:31, carlos.raff said:

Am startled to say the least. 99/100 you would have been offloaded. Absolute no no as far as the airline is concerned risking your refusal at Suvarnabhumbi and standard £2000 fine

I don't how I got away with it,,,,,but  I  wasn't asked any questions at either Manchester,,,Doha or  when entering U Tapao

before  I travelled I didn't even know it could have been a problem

next time I will make sure I get the visa  in Uk before I travel

Pheat
16 minutes ago, johno67 said:

I don't how I got away with it,,,

You got away with it because it is not an issue .

I have flown at least 30 times from UK -Thailand over the years without a visa and my return ticket date is more than 30 days after departure never any issues at UK check in or immigration in Thailand