Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Sign in to follow this  
griz30

Tourist USA Visa

griz30

A little bit if an odd ball question.  My mother in law has a tourist visa and she is visiting for 6 months.  What happenes if she stays a week beyond the 6 months?  How would anyone know?

doug
A little bit if an odd ball question.  My mother in law has a tourist visa and she is visiting for 6 months.  What happenes if she stays a week beyond the 6 months?  How would anyone know?
there is an exit date stamped along with thr entry date. it will be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

griz30

Yeah...but who checks the passport leaving the US?

Ru4Real

Just to clarify; your mother in law is Thai and the visa is to the US?

If so, like any other place in the world, I would expect the computer system will flag her as an overstayer on leaving.

griz30

Yes, she is Thai and has USA Visa.  US immigration stamped her passport for 6 months.  But what I don't get is if she stayed a week over her 6 months who would know?  You don't go through immigration when you leave the states and the airline only gives you tickets and verifies your name match the passport.   Sure the computer system in US customs would say her 6 months is up, but they aren't coming to the door.

davidge
3 minutes ago, griz30 said:

Yes, she is Thai and has USA Visa.  US immigration stamped her passport for 6 months.  But what I don't get is if she stayed a week over her 6 months who would know?  You don't go through immigration when you leave the states and the airline only gives you tickets and verifies your name match the passport.   Sure the computer system in US customs would say her 6 months is up, but they aren't coming to the door.

Is the USA the only country in the world where Immigration doesn’t check passports on exit?

manni2011

I'm fairly certain nothing would happen to her. Although it's a crime to illegally enter the country I don't think there is a criminal penalty for over staying a visa.  A short overstay most likely wouldn't impact her ability to secure another visa at a later date either. A longer overstay may see her barrred from entering the US.  But why chance it.

If she is leaving Thailand on a return flight I would guess there may be some chance the airline wouldn't let her fly if the return date exceeds her visa length.  So again, why even chance it. 

griz30

Yeah I agree...it was just the timing was inconvient.

Goolabert

It will be obvious she overstayed when she either uses the visa again if it's a multiple entry. Or if she applies for a new one.

In either case they would probably check her passports stamps and see the leaving Thailand and re-entering Thailand. If those stamps are 97 days apart and there are no in/out stamps in between those then they know she overstayed.

likeaking

U.S. Immigration may not make something out of her overstay when she leaves but maybe it will become an issue the next time she wants Visa. I wouldn't chance it for one week.