Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

  • Announcements

    • Ru4Real

      Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

      An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

      Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

      URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
LOTTELLEE WINNA

Acqua Hotel - a Lottellee Winna Review

Recommended Posts

LOTTELLEE WINNA
20 hours ago, Ptquad said:

 

I stayed here in January I booked into the deluxe room for 3 nights but on entering I noticed straight away that they had given me the smaller superior room.

So straight back to reception and straight away they rectified the problem by giving me the 1 bedroom junior suite instead as the deluxe wasn't available.

I shouldn't really complain as the staff was excellent but there was a lot of noise coming from the aircon in this room. It was so loud I had to turn it off.

Now, this room has a weird setup. It had a large tv on the same wall as the sofa, 4 plastic chairs plus 2 leather chairs and 3 tables all in the same living area all on the one side of the room. Of course, you could rearrange the furniture yourself but it did seem a bit cluttered with unnecessary items.

I will then describe the kitchen. It has about 18 storage areas that contain nothing. It has a sink and a kettle nothing else, not even a toaster nevermind a cooking facility. You can check the website for yourself.

I've heard the pool area is closed and I hope its to rectify the death trap of the lounger area at the rear of the pool. The barrier that surrounds the perimeter only went up to my thigh. Now considering that it's on level 7 of the hotel their is a slight problem.

The small rooms are way to cramped at about 22m2  but the staff were excellent and the hotel looks great I would recommend the exclusive deluxe room as I couldn't fault that but it was a bit pricey at near £60 per night.

 

I love this hotel but concur with your safety concerns re the lounger area. I don't know if you ventured into the bar on the roof of the adjoining hotel wing, at night the water features become almost invisible by the use of up-lighters on the walkways. I nearly fell in and the waiter said - happens a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan

I didn't spend much time on the rooftop other than to take a few 360 photos, but yeah, I didn't have a warm and cozy feeling up there. 

I also wish my budget was a bit flusher, since I really, really, really enjoyed the Executive Deluxe room. Unfortunately, I think my splurge staying there was a one time deal. :-( Maybe I should start buying a few lottery tickets. 555

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adamjscott

Looking to stay here a couple nights next time. Walked past it a few times when at 247 Boutique boutique. Appreciate the review.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onehunglo

well i arrived yesterday and was over-awed at the quality of the place . staff were exceptional as i arrived hour and half before checkin and they were ok with that NO extra charge . i have the Superior Deluxe room and can't fault it in any way . went down for breakfast this morning and was welcomed with "Happy Birthday for today and quoted room number to me" !! i thought amazing as i had not said a word ! 

breakfast was good with a great array to choose from , but still prefer traditional aussie breakfast but it did suffice . 

place is exceptionally clean and staff very welcoming and professional

photos of room on website exactly the same as in real life 

haven't been up to the pool area yet will do that later as it's raining now , girl did say pool on 7th floor so presume it is open

i would defiantly stay here on my next trip absolutely no hesitation at all

will add to this later when i do the pool and gym inspections !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
9 hours ago, onehunglo said:

well i arrived yesterday and was over-awed at the quality of the place . staff were exceptional as i arrived hour and half before checkin and they were ok with that NO extra charge . i have the Superior Deluxe room and can't fault it in any way . went down for breakfast this morning and was welcomed with "Happy Birthday for today and quoted room number to me" !! i thought amazing as i had not said a word ! 

breakfast was good with a great array to choose from , but still prefer traditional aussie breakfast but it did suffice . 

place is exceptionally clean and staff very welcoming and professional

photos of room on website exactly the same as in real life 

haven't been up to the pool area yet will do that later as it's raining now , girl did say pool on 7th floor so presume it is open

i would defiantly stay here on my next trip absolutely no hesitation at all

will add to this later when i do the pool and gym inspections !

Delighted you like it mate. I rate it as the best mid-price hotel in Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seaman

I notices too the noice of aircon as i stayed there but changed room and no more problem

I think they had some problems with installation because nowaday, clim isnt noisy anymore

 

Small room is enough for me because i stay all day out (pool, bars ...)

Just for sleeping is ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onehunglo
On 7/19/2018 at 13:52, onehunglo said:

well i arrived yesterday and was over-awed at the quality of the place . staff were exceptional as i arrived hour and half before checkin and they were ok with that NO extra charge . i have the Superior Deluxe room and can't fault it in any way . went down for breakfast this morning and was welcomed with "Happy Birthday for today and quoted room number to me" !! i thought amazing as i had not said a word ! 

breakfast was good with a great array to choose from , but still prefer traditional aussie breakfast but it did suffice . 

place is exceptionally clean and staff very welcoming and professional

photos of room on website exactly the same as in real life 

haven't been up to the pool area yet will do that later as it's raining now , girl did say pool on 7th floor so presume it is open

i would defiantly stay here on my next trip absolutely no hesitation at all

will add to this later when i do the pool and gym inspections !

well i can confirm POOL is open for business . nice area , well appointed .

my only downside of the hotel was the phone in room is out of service for about another week . no real big problem though . one other thing i noticed when i arrived , i was in 1313 3rd floor and the window at the end of hallway next to my room still had render remains on glass and had never been clean from when the build had finished . it was the same as the window in the room as it's the first thing you notice as the curtains are open .not really the hotels fault but one would think they would inspect before hand over . no real big problem but just my thoughts .

YES i will be staying here again on next trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ptquad
On 16/07/2018 at 14:56, Garzan said:

I didn't spend much time on the rooftop other than to take a few 360 photos, but yeah, I didn't have a warm and cozy feeling up there. 

I also wish my budget was a bit flusher, since I really, really, really enjoyed the Executive Deluxe room. Unfortunately, I think my splurge staying there was a one time deal. :-( Maybe I should start buying a few lottery tickets. 555

 

I stayed in the Executive Deluxe for the last 3 days at the end of my trip, It is a bit pricey for me as well and I find the other rooms too cramped for space. I look for around 30/40 m2 as an ideal living area and at around £40 per night and only 22/23m2 it's just not worth it.

On 16/07/2018 at 13:06, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I love this hotel but concur with your safety concerns re the lounger area. I don't know if you ventured into the bar on the roof of the adjoining hotel wing, at night the water features become almost invisible by the use of up-lighters on the walkways. I nearly fell in and the waiter said - happens a lot.

Construction work was still ongoing during my stay, but it does look pretty good in the photo's I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco

Thanks very much LW , Iv'e decided to book this hotel for my trip next month based on your review .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autoroam

This place looks well worth a punt....has anyone encountered any demands for a cash deposit X day

from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
2 hours ago, Syco said:

Thanks very much LW , Iv'e decided to book this hotel for my trip next month based on your review .

Have a great trip mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco
3 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Have a great trip mate.

Thank you , I'm very sure I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

This place looks well worth a punt....has anyone encountered any demands for a cash deposit X day

from them?

From memory all the Honey Group hotels normally ask for 1,000THB. Never had an issue in getting it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harddrive

Thanks for the detailed review.

Wanted to book this hotel for 10 days early November but the price was just a bit too high for the larger room and the smaller room was just too small.  Opted for the 247 Boutique Boutique instead.  The see through shower looks intriguing.

Staying a the LK Empress for 7 days mid October, then 5 nights in Phnom Penh the back to Patts for 10 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, harddrive said:

Thanks for the detailed review.

Wanted to book this hotel for 10 days early November but the price was just a bit too high for the larger room and the smaller room was just too small.  Opted for the 247 Boutique Boutique instead.  The see through shower looks intriguing.

Staying a the LK Empress for 7 days mid October, then 5 nights in Phnom Penh the back to Patts for 10 days.

The shower has a blind that can be lowered....up to you :)

LK Empress.....top hotel a real Lottellee Winnaa favorite.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The shower has a blind that can be lowered....up to you :)

 

Or 'up to she'. 555 

The Acqua has a nice glass shower too, but to me, it seems just big enough for one. At 247 Boutique you could almost host a party in theirs. 

Initially, I thought about the perv factor, but after a couple of years staying there almost exclusively, I like it now for the way it gives the impression of opening up the room. It's still the same size room, but with all the shower blinds open, the room just feels bigger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onehunglo
18 hours ago, Autoroam said:

This place looks well worth a punt....has anyone encountered any demands for a cash deposit X day

from them?

500 baht deposit for card when arrive , refunded when leaving so long as everything is in place and not missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bawdy

Many hotels in Pattaya have 'perv' showers! 555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
8 hours ago, Bawdy said:

Many hotels in Pattaya have 'perv' showers! 555

Maybe the perviest showers are in Centara Azure....the showers are in the room!

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan

Agoda prices don't seem horrible. I wonder what level of room that is. Looking at room photos on TripAdvisor, the shower you show seems to be rare. (but cool). :-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
13 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Maybe the perviest showers are in Centara Azure....the showers are in the room!

See the source image

Gar - this is the shower in a standard room.

6FCCA312-EA31-483F-8867-5EE5B5AE6F07.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan

Thanks LW. The Standard room isn't nearly as impressive. (And obviously not nearly as expensive.) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA
1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Thanks LW. The Standard room isn't nearly as impressive. (And obviously not nearly as expensive.) 

 

Gar - What rate have you seen the standard room on at? Best I could see (inc tax) was around 1,800THB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Expediter

Anyone have a suitable alternative?  The only rooms left are the standard and I keep reading those are smallish. Would love something comparable but larger room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan

In my opinion, the facilities at Acqua are a good step up from 247 Boutique, but 247 Boutique is still a good hotel. They are next door to each other, and I am pretty sure there is a back gate between the two that would cut the distance dramatically. Between the two, I'd prefer the standard room at 247 Boutique over Acqua, and the big room at Acqua over 247 Boutique

There are reports that there is a new breakfast chef at The Hive (247 Boutique, Honey Inn, H. Boutique) who isn't as good as the previous chef, but I won't get to test that until October. That said, I thought the breakfast at Acqua was a step up from the old chef at The Hive. 

If not considering price, my own personal favorite room of any hotel I've stayed at in Pattaya so far is the Executive Deluxe at Acqua. However, for my October trip, I've requested a center stack room at 247 Boutique. Maybe next spring I'll go back to my old plan for a new hotel on every trip, even if I really like the hotel the previous trip. I tested out 247 Boutique a couple of years ago based on a @Lottellee Winna recommendation, and sort of got stuck in doing repeats. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now