Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Post editing time   31/08/18

Hi folks, please note we have reduced the time you can edit a post to 30 minutes. The ability to edit a post is there for you to fix up things like typos and grammar before the Grammar Police descend on you or to clarify a point you where making that, on seeing it posted, you think could be worded better. Unfortunately, the length of the previous editing window has resulted in several posts being totally changed or deleted which can result in the resulting replies, and indeed the whole thread, being totally nonsensical (over and above the usual that is ) and shows disrespect to the BMs that participated in the discussion. If you wish to clarify a post you made after the window has elapsed, you can easily quote the relevant part of your post and do so. If it is a serious issue, as per current practice, report your post, giving a justification as to why the change is needed, and the mods will deal with it. Just because you made an arse of yourself in the post is not a valid justification. Remember, pause and think before posting re adherence to the rules, legality and the "Nice to be Nice" ethos.
    • Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
BKN3

Mistake on stamp at airport immigration

BKN3

I made a 6 months multiple entry visa back in my country before move here in Pattaya.

That should allow me to get 2 months of stay every time i enter Thailand for a period of 6 months since the release of my Visa.

I just realized now that the immigration officer at the airport missed my visa and put a stamp as if i was entering without visa, 30 days. Now i am 20 days overstay.

I have many occupied pages on the passport, they did put the stamp on the very first visa page, while my visa was on the last used page (there were more available after that). So is kind of clear that the officer missed it.

Dumb me that i didn't check my passport after the immigration process, but i mean, the visa takes one entire page on the passport, and it was the last used page, not that easy to miss.

I know overstays are taken seriously, and i'm really not sure what to do. That's a good faith mistake and hopefully they will understand; I'm i better off by getting in touch with tourist police, or should i go to immigration office?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

davidge

Nothing to do with Tourist Police.

2 choices, I guess. 

1. Go to Immigration, explain what happened and hope it doesn’t cost too much to sort it out. 

2. If you are flying out very soon, go to Immigration at airport, plead ignorance and again hope it doesn’t cost too much. Problem with this is if you happen to be stopped in the meantime it could be a bigger problem. 

Be prepared to pay 500 baht a day fine for overstay, maybe more to get it sorted in Immigration- depending who you see - and hope they don’t put a black mark against your passport that could make things difficult next time.

Easy to say with hindsight, but if I am entering on a visa then I have the passport open to the visa when I hand it to the Immigration Officer and I say ‘visa’ as I do so. Then I check the stamp before going to baggage reclaim.

Good luck anyway, hopefully you’ll get it sorted. I’ve never been in your situation so maybe someone who’s been through it can give better advice?

The Sly Fox

I would go talk with Darren at Key Visa, he'll tell you best way to sort this out.

regyai

Did you put the visa details on the TM6 (Landing Card)?

If so that should hopefully lend weight to your dispute and exonerate you

You won't I suppose ever again forget the golden rule of checking the 'in & out' dates stamped by immo before you've taken three steps from the desk :rolleyes:

BKN3

@The Sly Fox  is the place located at the corner between S. Pattaya road and Sukhumvit rd, near the big c?

@regyai

I'm quite sure i did put the Visa Number on the tm6 card, but i only have the departure card with me, they took the arrival card.

I usually do check :( not really sure why i didn't this time

regyai

Of course, but if you did, it is back trackable (If its the new TM6 it bears the corresponding barcode as the departure slip you have)

gambler
2 hours ago, BKN3 said:

I'm i better off by getting in touch with tourist police, or should i go to immigration office?

Go to the immigration office as soon as you can. 

I had a similar problem. Immigration stamped the wrong date in my passport (didn't check) and I only found out about it a couple of weeks later. I went back to the airport to get it corrected. The immigration officer I met found it highly amusing that such a mistake could be made :rolleyes:

As said above, it is trackable, so you shouldn't have a problem.

BKN3

Reading around of similar cases, i saw some people suggests to go to the airport immigration instead of town offices.

Is there any substantial difference?

gambler

Either way will work. I went to the airport because it was a lot more convenient than going to Chaengwattana.

BKN3

That's good to know, saves me 4 hours taxi and THBss.

Well, tomorrow we'll have the verdict;

Thanks to all for the advice

sabato

I can't remember the details, but I vaguely remember being directed back to the port of entry to get it corrected - which could be why everyone is going to the airport (being the only place they will fix it). In my case, port of entry was a land border, and I wasn't about to travel 10 hours to fix it. I can't remember what the outcome was now, I think the visa went unused.

mryang

Happened to me as well, I went to Immigration (Soi 5 Jomtien), explained it, paid 500B extra and then they "fixed" it.

asmodeus

This also happened to me! I was staying in Bangkok so went back to the airport and with a thai lady interpreting was directed to the bowels of the immigration section where they sorted it out in 30 minutes free of charge...

The Sly Fox
12 hours ago, BKN3 said:

@The Sly Fox  is the place located at the corner between S. Pattaya road and Sukhumvit rd, near the big c?

@regyai

I'm quite sure i did put the Visa Number on the tm6 card, but i only have the departure card with me, they took the arrival card.

I usually do check :( not really sure why i didn't this time

Yep, the office is just across from Big C South Pattaya store. You can go talk with Darren, show him your passport, he'll tell you best way to deal with this, won't cost you anything just to ask him. Plus he and his staff have "connections" at Immigration.

BKN3

It was easier and cheaper then expected; went to immigration office, paid 500 thb, fixed it in 20 minutes

davidge
46 minutes ago, BKN3 said:

It was easier and cheaper then expected; went to immigration office, paid 500 thb, fixed it in 20 minutes

Good to hear.

usexpat46

I arrived back in LOS on Friday the 6th of April.  I'm on a retirement extension that is good until the 5th of Sep 2018, however the BKK immigration official stamped arrived 6th April good until 5th of May. Went to Jomtien Immigration today and it took nearly 2 hours to have them put a line thru 5 May 2018, stamp the date 5 Sep 2018 and initial.  No cost.

regyai
35 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I arrived back in LOS on Friday the 6th of April.  I'm on a retirement extension that is good until the 5th of Sep 2018, however the BKK immigration official stamped arrived 6th April good until 5th of May. Went to Jomtien Immigration today and it took nearly 2 hours to have them put a line thru 5 May 2018, stamp the date 5 Sep 2018 and initial.  No cost.

2 step rule

don't take more than two steps past the booth before checking what has been stamped in your passport.

SlowlyMan

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Didn't realize it until I was leaving and they told me I had am overstay. After a bit of arguing and involving  a supervisor, they used the Visa to cover the overstay.

Now I ALWAYS hand my passport with the visa showing. Tell the official I have a Visa, then check to make sure they gave me the right dates. 

dave01
3 hours ago, regyai said:

2 step rule

don't take more than two steps past the booth before checking what has been stamped in your passport.

Read the bloody thing at the desk....

Kahoy
6 minutes ago, dave01 said:

Read the bloody thing at the desk....

what? with 300 people waiting behind you?

starfucks
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:47, BKN3 said:

I made a 6 months multiple entry visa back in my country before move here in Pattaya.

That should allow me to get 2 months of stay every time i enter Thailand for a period of 6 months since the release of my Visa.

I just realized now that the immigration officer at the airport missed my visa and put a stamp as if i was entering without visa, 30 days. Now i am 20 days overstay.

I have many occupied pages on the passport, they did put the stamp on the very first visa page, while my visa was on the last used page (there were more available after that). So is kind of clear that the officer missed it.

Dumb me that i didn't check my passport after the immigration process, but i mean, the visa takes one entire page on the passport, and it was the last used page, not that easy to miss.

I know overstays are taken seriously, and i'm really not sure what to do. That's a good faith mistake and hopefully they will understand; I'm i better off by getting in touch with tourist police, or should i go to immigration office?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Immigration ASAP, not tourist police.

starfucks
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 01:27, mryang said:

Happened to me as well, I went to Immigration (Soi 5 Jomtien), explained it, paid 500B extra and then they "fixed" it.

Why would you pay for a mistake others made?

starfucks
7 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I guess you also had a re-entry permit they didn’t notice.

Soi7
5 hours ago, Kahoy said:

what? with 300 people waiting behind you?

Yup I stay put until I see the permission to stay date they have given me