Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• kgbagent

New Sub Forums created for other parts of Asia   31/12/17

Due to an interest in other destinations in Asia new subforums have been created and all relevant content has been reordered to suit.  It is called "VIETNAM - MYANMAR / LAOS - MALAYSIA / SPORE / INDO - CHINA /HK / MACAU SUB FORUMS"  Please check it out from the main menu and post away - much appreciated !!!!
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
BKN3

Mistake on stamp at airport immigration

twicestung
3 hours ago, starfucks said:

Why would you pay for a mistake others made?

Have you ever dealt with these immigration officials? 500 bht is a bargain for your not checking.

usexpat46
5 hours ago, starfucks said:

I guess you also had a re-entry permit they didn’t notice.

It was noticed as it was a single re=entry and my arrival date was stamped on the permit.

usexpat46
12 hours ago, regyai said:

2 step rule

don't take more than two steps past the booth before checking what has been stamped in your passport.

Did that many years ago prior to getting the retirement extension back in 2006.  I arrived after midnight and the date of arrival stamp still showed the prior date.  I mentioned it to the immigration official and he told me not to worry about it as what was in the computer automatically had the correct date.  The only reason that I went to Immigration yesterday was because some individuals on boards and in person had told me it is now required for immigration to be informed when you return to LOS even if you're on a retirement extension and own you  condo.  At immigration I was told that wasn't true but as they were looking at my retirement extension stamp and re-entry permit they noticed the mistake. If I hadn't gone there to do the return report the mistake would probabley never have been notice as my next trip out of LOS will happen after I get my next retirement extension which will show a permited to stay date of 5 Sep 2019.

LTGTR
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 07:47, BKN3 said:

I made a 6 months multiple entry visa back in my country before move here in Pattaya.

That should allow me to get 2 months of stay every time i enter Thailand for a period of 6 months since the release of my Visa.

I just realized now that the immigration officer at the airport missed my visa and put a stamp as if i was entering without visa, 30 days. Now i am 20 days overstay.

I have many occupied pages on the passport, they did put the stamp on the very first visa page, while my visa was on the last used page (there were more available after that). So is kind of clear that the officer missed it.

Dumb me that i didn't check my passport after the immigration process, but i mean, the visa takes one entire page on the passport, and it was the last used page, not that easy to miss.

I know overstays are taken seriously, and i'm really not sure what to do. That's a good faith mistake and hopefully they will understand; I'm i better off by getting in touch with tourist police, or should i go to immigration office?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Too late now,but when I have a visa like yours,I hand my passport to the immigration officer open to that page.

dave01
8 hours ago, Kahoy said:

what? with 300 people waiting behind you?

Yep... it takes a couple of seconds... OR don't and then have the hassle when you find out you have received the wrong stamp..

Kahoy
6 hours ago, dave01 said:

Yep... it takes a couple of seconds... OR don't and then have the hassle when you find out you have received the wrong stamp..

I can't imagine that the airport immigration officer is going to amend his stamped visa unilaterally at the airport. He probably wouldn't have the authority and would ace to call a superior officer for review, must the same way as a checkout chick has to call a supervisor to reopen the cash drawer. I think you would be directed to go lodge an appeal for a review at an immigration office just as the OP did. I may be wrong but I'd bet I'm not. In short, once the mistake is made, you're going to have that hassle in another location.

biggles

" can't imagine that the airport immigration officer is going to amend his stamped visa unilaterally at the airport."

Expand your imagination then! I fly in every couple of months usually with a TV. In the last 5 years on 3 occasions the IO has mistakenly given me 30 days and immediately corrected it when I politely pointed out my visa. The last time was only 3 months ago and I have never had a supervisor called to the counter. 

Kahoy
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, biggles said:

" can't imagine that the airport immigration officer is going to amend his stamped visa unilaterally at the airport."

Expand your imagination then! I fly in every couple of months usually with a TV. In the last 5 years on 3 occasions the IO has mistakenly given me 30 days and immediately corrected it when I politely pointed out my visa. The last time was only 3 months ago and I have never had a supervisor called to the counter. 

I'll call bullshit :) The IO spends way too much time looking at your passport to make this mistake that often. I would also assume you do like most people and hand your passport to him/her open at the visa page and actually tell them up front that you have a visa. If it ever happens to me I'll buy you drinks all night but this claim doesn't pass the "pub test" IMO.

You fly in "every couple of months"? The only justification for a visa in advance would be to stay at least 90 days otherwise why would you bother? 60 days perhaps if you wanted to live up country but even then that puts the lie to flying in every couple of months.

I'd also suggest that if you did fly in on a 60 day tourist visa every couple of months it wouldn't take long before you would have been denied entry. Maybe you're just exaggerating a little? I know a couple of guys who would kill to be able to just fly out to PP or Saigon every couple of months for a week or so and come back.

Edited by Kahoy

sabato
38 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

I know a couple of guys who would kill to be able to just fly out to PP or Saigon every couple of months for a week or so and come back.

The Thai Elite visa is probably less hassle than killing someone :D

biggles

More assumptions? I have residence in Philippines, But permanently rent an apartment in Pattaya where we spend about half the year. Getting a TV avoids any suspicion of working illegally tho at 72 I am unlikely to be working and keeps Philippine immigration happy. They can be difficult with local girls going overseas. GF gets a free visa so no great expense. We only stay for 60 days at a time, then two months in Phillies and then back to pattaya again. We have been doing this for nearly six years now, never questioned at all

Kahoy
On 10/04/2018 at 14:03, biggles said:

I fly in every couple of months usually with a TV. 

On 10/04/2018 at 14:22, Kahoy said:

I'll call bullshit :) 

19 minutes ago, biggles said:

More assumptions?

If you object to being called out try to be more precise. Your first statement was incorrect on its face and you confirmed it in your last post by correcting "every couple of months" to every 4 months. When talking tourists visas the difference is relevant. The first would not fly while the second normally would.