Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

  • Announcements

    • Ru4Real

      Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

      An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

      Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

      URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
william77

Thai Airways BAN fat people!

Recommended Posts

Wolf Cat
3 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Then they should charge kids triple, because they make fellow passengers very uncomfortable with the crying, screaming and crawling around they do. And of course give a discount to single, thin women.

Also, if they allow you to take 2 bags but you just take 1 there should be some form of rebate. And considering there's only 1 group of people that hijack planes, they should have to pay a surcharge that is then split among the passengers according to class. And anyone asking for a special meal should have to pay extra. 

The possibilities are endless. 555

I hope this is a joke post cause if not, this is why the rest of world thinks Americans are....well you can finish the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real

Pretty sure you could "weight profile" BMs based on the posts in this thread :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biennial
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Then they should charge kids triple, because they make fellow passengers very uncomfortable with the crying, screaming and crawling around they do. And of course give a discount to single, thin women.

Also, if they allow you to take 2 bags but you just take 1 there should be some form of rebate. And considering there's only 1 group of people that hijack planes, they should have to pay a surcharge that is then split among the passengers according to class. And anyone asking for a special meal should have to pay extra. 

The possibilities are endless. 555

Good thing we don't own the airlines :D

Edited by Biennial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rocketboy
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 08:47, andy666 said:

very misleading title, read the article a few weeks ago.

 

The seatbelts are too short and if one can't close the pilot don't get permission for take off, it's not like they are targetting fatties. A few people would want that of course, unless they are smokers/tattooed/whatever they are anti.... I tell you, if they ban fatties, the gingers are next!

Airlines in the States and I'm sure in other Western countries have seat belt extensions which are available from the Flight Attendants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nando9999
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, boxershrimp said:

Fly business, and don't care.

An added benefit is that you will probably try harder after that to not fly cattle class.

 

That's the funny thing about everyone bitching and moaning about fatties and congratulating Thai Airways here, it is a business class seat that this affects,  so they'll now be pushing the fatties into the economy seats next to the whingers :Moon2:

 

I'm fat,  I fly business, but I'm not fat enough that this will make me step back into Economy with the rabble. 

Edited by Nando9999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boxershrimp
On 27/04/2018 at 03:11, Nando9999 said:

That's the funny thing about everyone bitching and moaning about fatties and congratulating Thai Airways here, it is a business class seat that this affects,  so they'll now be pushing the fatties into the economy seats next to the whingers :Moon2:

 

I'm fat,  I fly business, but I'm not fat enough that this will make me step back into Economy with the rabble. 

I too have quite a bit of slack left in the normal belt, so apparently not a fatty yet by the standards of the people who thought this piece of news was funny.

But still I feel bad about it the few times I fly economy, because there is simply no way for me to shrink to the size of the person they design those seats for nowadays. Would paying more for weight make any difference to that? Hardly, it would just be yet another scam for the airlines to get more money out of you for less product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
griffithvoice

I'm now starting to get on the chunky side having just crossed over into my 40's. Thankfully, i'm nowhere near big enough to hit their standards but i'm definitely going to have to start hitting the gym again. No way I would go back to flying economy if I could help it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ocka
On 4/27/2018 at 06:58, Biennial said:

Weigh more - pay more, just like luggage. You cost the airline more fuel and make fellow passengers less comfortable. And an added benefit is incentive to lose weight.

I would be happy to pay by weight if I got seat space to match what I paid.

It's interesting that two economy seats cost less than one business seat,  but give you 30% more seat width than the business seat.

What's the bet that if you did pay for two seats,  the airline would shoehorn a standby passenger into your second seat anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nrvous

At least 2 decades ago it was floated that passengers with all their bags would stand on a scale at the ticketing/checkin counter. No weight would be displayed but rather a color or other discerning symbol only to the customer service person. It would probably be 4-5 variations. There would be an additional fee going up from the standard. People with children (paid seat) can be weighed together. When buying your ticket you could ask for a higher symbol to pay in advance instead of the airport and would be refunded if you actually ended up at a lower symbol.

In smaller planes (not jets) you do have to list your weight and they may move you to a different side of the plain for balance.

btw, pretty much unanimously the airlines didn't want to do this for multiple reasons (if not everyone did it, some would be at a disadvantage, people were not as fat back then, it'd really need to come from the FAA to be fair and they were not into these types of rules. 

There would still be a bag count and in-cabin size restriction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
twilight1234

A very interesting decision. I can see why airlines would be against fat customers for weight reasons. Curious to see if this trend picks up with other airlines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
3 hours ago, twilight1234 said:

A very interesting decision. I can see why airlines would be against fat customers for weight reasons. Curious to see if this trend picks up with other airlines. 

It wasn’t a conscious decision by the airline.

When they ordered the new planes someone opted for the new type of seatbelt without realising that extenders can’t be used with them.

It’s only afterwards the company realised they wouldn’t be able to take larger people in the new biz class seats.

Pretty much sums up how the airline is run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PepeLePew
7 hours ago, davidge said:

When they ordered the new planes someone opted for the new type of seatbelt without realising that extenders can’t be used with them.

 

Surely someone will eventually design an extender that can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hioctane
Going by that thinking. Shouldn't there be a additional health care tax for people that have sex with prostitutes? If they catch HIV the cost to give them the correct medicine will be substantial.  
They would need to legalize prostitution first otherwise no one would admit to seeing prostitutes. Plus, you can catch STDs from civilians too so this tax would be unenforceable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welbeck
On 20/03/2018 at 13:57, william77 said:

A walk of fat shame line with a cow scale! 

You mean the waddle of shame? :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
27 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

Surely someone will eventually design an extender that can?

I’m not sure it’s going to be possible as the issue is an in-built airbag in the belt? At least, not at a reasonable cost. It definitely wouldn’t solve the problem of having infants in parent’s laps as it wouldn’t be safe to have an airbag inflate anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PepeLePew
Just now, davidge said:

I’m not sure it’s going to be possible as the issue is an in-built airbag in the belt? At least, not at a reasonable cost. It definitely wouldn’t solve the problem of having infants in parent’s laps as it wouldn’t be safe to have an airbag inflate anyway.

Ah. Well then perhaps it could be solved by turning the airbag off in certain situations, like in cars when a baby seat is fitted.

I'm not sure having airbags in planes is worth the cost anyway. Would be interesting to find out how many injuries would have been avoided historically by having an airbag. Perhaps there are more minor shunts than I am aware of. I'm pretty sure airbags would not have helped in any of the incidents documented in Aircrash Investigation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
Just now, PepeLePew said:

Ah. Well then perhaps it could be solved by turning the airbag off in certain situations, like in cars when a baby seat is fitted.

I'm not sure having airbags in planes is worth the cost anyway. Would be interesting to find out how many injuries would have been avoided historically by having an airbag. Perhaps there are more minor shunts than I am aware of. I'm pretty sure airbags would not have helped in any of the incidents documented in Aircrash Investigation :D

I agree. Seems like a daft idea in the first place.

I suppose it does mean that I won’t have to put up with crying babies when I’m flying Biz with Thai - as long as I don’t put on a load of weight :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billyboy294

Americans are big people and getting bigger yet i think i read some American airlines are reducing the widths of the seats to get an extra seat in the row.

Incredible shrinking airline seat': US court says seat size a safety issue

Jul 29, 2017 - United Airlines considers shrinking width of seats, report says ... Airlines have steadily reduced the space between rows to squeeze in extra seats and ... This year, news leaked that American Airlines planned to order next..

obese_man--300x300.jpg.0e95d2c125fd0db24adb3f58c87dc5b2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
forcebwithu
11 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Ah. Well then perhaps it could be solved by turning the airbag off in certain situations, like in cars when a baby seat is fitted.

I'm not sure having airbags in planes is worth the cost anyway. Would be interesting to find out how many injuries would have been avoided historically by having an airbag. Perhaps there are more minor shunts than I am aware of. I'm pretty sure airbags would not have helped in any of the incidents documented in Aircrash Investigation :D

This post explains the reasoning for the airbag requirement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now