Havana19

Whats the best suburb to live in australia?

Recommended Posts

Havana19

Hey all just interested in hearing peoples opinions of where the best lifestyle is for a family in Australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsec

Am sure there are many Facebook groups devoted to such trivia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ertert

Thailand. The cost of living is insane and you need a high paying job just to keep ahead of bills. You will need to have a job lined up before you arrive best climate is Gold coast, Sunshine coast Queensland. Good Luck you need it! Why do you think we live in Asia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thegrogmonster
Posted (edited)

Ferny Grove, Brisbane, Queensland.

I ive 100 metres from the train station and pub.

Edited by thegrogmonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bignev

Coffs Harbour NSW. World's best climate.


Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OoJohnnyoO

Mt Druitt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geordie59

Having an idea of what city you are interested in would be good place to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Ferny Grove, Brisbane, Queensland.

I ive 100 metres from the train station and pub.

Excellent pub with great food as well :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not_Shameful

Coffs Harbour is nice. It's temperate but subtropical enough that bananas are grown commercially. It's a proper town with decent facilities as well. 

I really like the south coast of NSW as well. It's a few degrees cooler but still mild. Although you would need heating and winter clothes, unlike Coffs where you could get by with just a summer wardrobe. Towns like Bermagui and Batemans Bay are idyllic. 

In terms of city living, a lot of people used to say that Bondi was the best address on the planet. Now not so much. And it's super expensive. But it's one of the few places in the world where you are so close to a major city centre and you also have a surf beach.

Nowhere in my city, Sydney, is as good as it used to be. Infrastructure is really struggling to keep up with the rising population thanks to immigration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALEXDELLARAY
Posted (edited)

Redfern Sydney. Fun for all the family!

Edited by ALEXDELLARAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
barmatt

I like living on the coast in WA, well not on the coast but 200m away. Great for activities...swimming, fishing, cycling, walking etc. I just find it therapeutic to see the ocean everyday, that big expanse of water, just so relaxing.

Wouldn't live anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
birdhaus
Posted (edited)

Rockingham 

what do teenagers use for protection during sex ....
a bus shelter

Edited by birdhaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deano4598

Chapel Hill Queensland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revoluti

Depends on what you like, west aussie here and i like it but im not one for the suburbs. If i had to choose another state it would be pissed followed by queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anglesea

Gosh a tough questions Havana19 and the answer depends upon your needs and likes/dislikes. You have a family so presumably schooling and lifestyle are important.

If you have a limited income then you need to stay out of the big cities where housing and living costs are high. Country towns of reasonable size have all the services and a much lower on housing and living costs. Coastal cities and towns are often more expensive than rural towns but if you want this lifestyle then there are plenty along the Queensland and Northern NSW coasts where the weather is closest to Thailand. Southern NSW coastal cities if you prefer something cooler.

Could I suggest that you try renting a house or apartment first to try out an area and look around others areas of interest. Another alternative is to hire a camper van and travel around looking at potential areas to live.

The cheapest way to fly to Australia is using Scoop airlines who fly into the Gold Coast (about an hour south of Brisbane). Everything you need available locally. I'm not sure of nationality but you may need a visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jollygumpster

Wherever is closest to the airport so you can get to London in the least time :NoSpam2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
On 11/05/2018 at 12:33, tsec said:

Am sure there are many Facebook groups devoted to such trivia

I'm sure there are many threads other than this to read.

11 hours ago, jollygumpster said:

Wherever is closest to the airport so you can get to London in the least time :NoSpam2:

That'd be Perth then https://www.qantas.com/gb/en/promotions/fly-non-stop-to-australia.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
silverfox53

New Zealand :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DazzaDownUnder

Personally, I'd stay away from the capital cities. I've lived in Melbourne my whole life but I don't like it much anymore. Crime is on the rise and the population is increasing faster than I like. Development is also out of control, and there are units and apartments being built everywhere. Housing estates going up everywhere. Melbourne is expanding rapidly and I don't like it personally.

However, Australia is still a great place to live, but very expensive. It's a massive country so you have lots of choices. Need to decide whether you like the bush or the sea, or city life, country life, lots of people, or quiet and peaceful.....lots of things to consider. If it wasn't for work, I'd live nowhere near the city.

 

Whenever I feel like I hate the way Australia is going, I go out of the city for a day(s) and remind myself what the real Australia is like, and I realise that it's still a beautiful place and I'm lucky to have been born here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wombat50
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:51, thegrogmonster said:

Ferny Grove, Brisbane, Queensland.

I ive 100 metres from the train station and pub.

Damn, you might be my neighbour lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Havana19

Thanks for the replies everyone, I did live in Australia for 5 years and absolutely loved it. But the places I went were more touristy i.e Cairns and Broom (loved both of them). Im leaning towards QLD. My criteria is just the best lifestyle to be happy and property thats not too expensive. Someone I know suggested Bribie Island which looks great from google images. And yes the North Coast of NSW has been recommended too. I think Australia is paradise, I don't need to be in a city for work so I'm pretty free to choose so long as long as the housing isn't too prohibitive. When i googled this topic the top suburb in QLD rankings was Prosperine- quite interesting, then coastal Gold Coast had a couple places in the list. Still trying to nudge the wife into considering Thailand but she thinks its a step backwards being that she comes from Malaysia and I suppose she wants a better life, thailand really would be more affordable. But I can choose any country, Spain is another option. If anyone has suggestions elsewhere... I have a passive income of say $80,000 a year so yes in Australia I would have to work as well but other countries (thailand) both of us could choose not to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl

If heat and humidity are not an issue and you don't mind a town  that isn't too expensive but easy access to beaches etc check out places like Townsville, Ingham, Cardwell and Innisfail.

Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Northern NSW pretty expensive. If you decided Brisbane you are basically 1 to 2 hrs from these so an option.

Personally I wouldn't choose Bribie Island as there can be issues with pretty rough locals and juvenile crime but that is just my opinion.

Weather wise I think Bridbane has the best in Oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gentleenforcer
9 hours ago, Havana19 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I did live in Australia for 5 years and absolutely loved it. But the places I went were more touristy i.e Cairns and Broom (loved both of them). Im leaning towards QLD. My criteria is just the best lifestyle to be happy and property thats not too expensive. Someone I know suggested Bribie Island which looks great from google images. And yes the North Coast of NSW has been recommended too. I think Australia is paradise, I don't need to be in a city for work so I'm pretty free to choose so long as long as the housing isn't too prohibitive. When i googled this topic the top suburb in QLD rankings was Prosperine- quite interesting, then coastal Gold Coast had a couple places in the list. Still trying to nudge the wife into considering Thailand but she thinks its a step backwards being that she comes from Malaysia and I suppose she wants a better life, thailand really would be more affordable. But I can choose any country, Spain is another option. If anyone has suggestions elsewhere... I have a passive income of say $80,000 a year so yes in Australia I would have to work as well but other countries (thailand) both of us could choose not to work.

Proserpine ????? for fucks sake....Prossy is a nice enough little town (not a suburb)but it is a good 45 minutes from Airlie Beach (the closest beach however no swimming in summer because of the deadly jellyfish) , no decent grocery shops, no department stores, crocodiles in the nearby rivers and creeks, nearest largish town is Mackay 2 hours to the south or Townsville 2 hours to the north. Not to mention the bumfuck local yokels who are horribly suspicious of any newcomers.

 

I lived there on and off for 2 or 3 years all up...nice enough little town to drive through but never live there. It is locally called ProsVegas, as a backhanded comment for the lack of any excitement that happens there.The last exciting thing that happened there was when a local used to take his pet crocodile to the pub for a drink.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOTTELLEE WINNA

I'm a Brit, and have only lived in a couple of places in Sydney and liked them both. I spent a couple of years (on and off) at the new development of Breakfast Point, next to Cabarita ferry stop and close to Concord. Good local pub and great place for jogging. The ferry ride in and out of town (via Circular Quay and Darling Harbor) is out of this world. I also joined Sydney rowing club - the clubhouse facilities (ambiance, river views, grub and grog) are first class.

A fellow BM rented me his house at Bondi Junction for a couple of months as I had a consultancy job there. You have a vibrant shopping center, you are a couple of train stops into the city and are of course close to Bondi Beach. Fantastic.

I love Australia - top place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thisisdre
On 17/05/2018 at 19:58, gentleenforcer said:

Proserpine ????? for fucks sake....Prossy is a nice enough little town (not a suburb)but it is a good 45 minutes from Airlie Beach (the closest beach however no swimming in summer because of the deadly jellyfish) , no decent grocery shops, no department stores, crocodiles in the nearby rivers and creeks, nearest largish town is Mackay 2 hours to the south or Townsville 2 hours to the north. Not to mention the bumfuck local yokels who are horribly suspicious of any newcomers.

 

I lived there on and off for 2 or 3 years all up...nice enough little town to drive through but never live there. It is locally called ProsVegas, as a backhanded comment for the lack of any excitement that happens there.The last exciting thing that happened there was when a local used to take his pet crocodile to the pub for a drink.

 

 

I loved going to dingo beach, those days are gone ;( 

In airlie, i was one of the djs at 

Ma m a A f r I C a.. great year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now