Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Peter o connor

Travel alone or with friends?

Peter o connor
Posted (edited)

Do you prefer to travel to Thailand alone or with friends? I definitely have 2 differant types of holidays when traveling alone compared to with friends. The last 6 years, I’ve visited LOS over the Christmas holidays with a friend. Last Christmas 2 more friends said they’d join us and 1 brought another friend. Me and my regular travel partner usually divide our time between samui and pattaya but he didn’t want to go to samui as last year we got caught up in floods there. I suggested Ko Chang but one of them didn’t like the idea of spending so much time traveling to get there. In the end we decided to spend most of our time in pattaya but we’d fly up to Chiang Mai for a few days. I thought this would be a great opportunity to see the countryside, so I suggested we do a trek in the jungle but they were having none of it. I think the jungles lack of gogo bars influenced their decision. I then tried to convince them to go to Chiang rai and visit the golden triangle but no, couldn’t convince them to do that either. So I said Chiang dao is a nice spot just outside Chiang Mai where we could hike and check out a cave but no luck there either. Instead all we done in Chiang Mai was sit by the pool and visit beer bars at night. Not sure why we left pattaya really. And even in pattaya, I did get them to Ko larn once but suggested a scuba diving/snorkeling trip(I’m the only certified diver but they could snorkel), go karts , big bhudda and the viewpoint all to be met with disapproval. 

Now im planning a solo trip for June and I’m going to samui first for a week where I’ll spend 2 days scuba diving, I’ll go hiking, I’ll go see the Muay Thai fights, And ill go exploring the island . Then I’m going to Khao Sok National Park for 4 days where I’ll do an overnight trek exploring caves, lakes, waterfalls and go kayaking. And do a night safari. When I’m done there, I’ll spend my final week in pattaya for the beer bars and girls. I’ll have a much better holiday on my own! Does anyone else feel this way or do I just have boring friends?

Edited by Peter o connor

Crushed

Last couple of times I've met a friend or two there (as we both come from different countries) and after a few days we've both gone off and done our own things.  I've done a lot of completely solo trips and had a blast but it can be better if a friend is there.  I've had two trips where a friend has been with me most of the time but he never seems able to return during the times I travel.

Peter o connor

By all means it’s great to have some company, I was delighted when I heard I’d have a few travel companions. But I definitely find I can do a lot more on my own but it might be down to the type of friends I have. They’re not exactly the adventurous type and all they want to do on holiday is drink. Even with the mongering, they were boring. Wouldn’t even go down Soi 6 with me! They preferred to hand over all their money to gogo bars!

CliveBixby74

It’s always nice to have people to hang out with but I definitely prefer traveling alone. Maybe I’m a bit selfish but when I’m on vacation I want to do what I want when I want to do it. I like to pack in a lot some days and have other full days with nothing but relaxing and hanging at the pool. I also don’t need any judgement on anything I want to do whether it’s going out too much or not as much as travel companions. I do enjoy meeting fellow travelers but that keeps a good separation. 

Cropped Shaggy

Always solo.

None of my mates with money are interested, and only my mates who can't afford it want to go.

Whilst it'd be nice to experience  Patts with some of my close friends, I think I'd get a bit sick of the company after a while anyway. A week would probably be the most I could tolerate before I needed to disappear for a bit.

It's just too nice doing whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it.

Peter o connor
2 hours ago, CliveBixby74 said:

It’s always nice to have people to hang out with but I definitely prefer traveling alone. Maybe I’m a bit selfish but when I’m on vacation I want to do what I want when I want to do it. I like to pack in a lot some days and have other full days with nothing but relaxing and hanging at the pool. I also don’t need any judgement on anything I want to do whether it’s going out too much or not as much as travel companions. I do enjoy meeting fellow travelers but that keeps a good separation. 

Yeah that’s basically how I feel. It’s nice to be able to just do what you want at any time on your holidays. I was delighted to hear a few lads would be going to Thailand with me but every time I suggested something, they seemed to find a reason why not to do it, instead of just doing these things when your on holidays. So now that I’m planning my June solo trip and am planning things myself, I’ve started to realize that I’m bound to enjoy this holiday a lot more. Maybe I should stick to solo travel or at least when it comes to Thailand anyway.

Czmate

It really depends on you and your friends.

if you say you want go somewhere and they don’t some get all mardy arsed these you can do without others are ok no problem catch up later are the ones to travel with.

Punter

Solo every time. Nice to meet up with friends in Pattaya for a beer but all the main events are best found and done alone - apart from the girl of course.

dontpanic

I've been to Thailand solo every visit which is now 10+ visits. I don't think I'd like to have someone tag along, I thought a mate would be interested a couple of years back and I told him, listen I'll show you around, show you the basics and feel free to do your own thing after that, ie I'm doing my own thing after the introductions. I never have problems meeting people and I know company(both Thai and falang) is easy whenever I want.

Some people aren't interested in putting effort into holidays and staying by the pool and drinking is the extent of a lot of people's ambition.

chippysam

Always solo , sometimes a friend from home will pop into Pattaya for a few days , when they are in Thailand . I will meet up have some meals and drinks , but soon get fed up of other people suggesting stuff to do and when and where to eat and drink. Do what i want in my own way and time. Find I enjoy the company of the girls far more . 

Had a couple of friends say they would like to go , but secretly I hope they go at a different time to me . I thought when I found out my first trip was solo [ meant to be with a pal ] that I would not be comfortable with solo . Now can't see me ever inviting a friend along , love the freedom of solo . 

Its such a fabulous feeling setting off into the Pattaya night on your arrival day , the sights , noise , smells , I feel so comfortable with it . I am not smart enough to put into words how much I enjoy the feeling . Really do not want to share that moment with anyone. 

Timtong
11 hours ago, Peter o connor said:

Do you prefer to travel to Thailand alone or with friends? I definitely have 2 differant types of holidays when traveling alone compared to with friends. The last 6 years, I’ve visited LOS over the Christmas holidays with a friend. Last Christmas 2 more friends said they’d join us and 1 brought another friend. Me and my regular travel partner usually divide our time between samui and pattaya but he didn’t want to go to samui as last year we got caught up in floods there. I suggested Ko Chang but one of them didn’t like the idea of spending so much time traveling to get there. In the end we decided to spend most of our time in pattaya but we’d fly up to Chiang Mai for a few days. I thought this would be a great opportunity to see the countryside, so I suggested we do a trek in the jungle but they were having none of it. I think the jungles lack of gogo bars influenced their decision. I then tried to convince them to go to Chiang rai and visit the golden triangle but no, couldn’t convince them to do that either. So I said Chiang dao is a nice spot just outside Chiang Mai where we could hike and check out a cave but no luck there either. Instead all we done in Chiang Mai was sit by the pool and visit beer bars at night. Not sure why we left pattaya really. And even in pattaya, I did get them to Ko larn once but suggested a scuba diving/snorkeling trip(I’m the only certified diver but they could snorkel), go karts , big bhudda and the viewpoint all to be met with disapproval. 

Now im planning a solo trip for June and I’m going to samui first for a week where I’ll spend 2 days scuba diving, I’ll go hiking, I’ll go see the Muay Thai fights, And ill go exploring the island . Then I’m going to Khao Sok National Park for 4 days where I’ll do an overnight trek exploring caves, lakes, waterfalls and go kayaking. And do a night safari. When I’m done there, I’ll spend my final week in pattaya for the beer bars and girls. I’ll have a much better holiday on my own! Does anyone else feel this way or do I just have boring friends?

i been going many trips alone to pattaya i actually prefer that way even if with friends they are fine with going alone and meet later.

great way to know new people too and always go how i please sleep late etc pure holiday for me that way.

so vote solo here

twilight1234

I find going solo is more enjoyable. I use my downtime to catch up on reading, shows, and other hobbies that I've neglected in my normal day to day. It's nice to just escape from your normal routine without other people there. 

Peter o connor
Posted (edited)

so traveling solo seems to be the way to go for a lot of you then. I certainly do notice in pattaya a hell of a lot of western men walking around on their own or eating and drinking on their own. I’d often be alone in pattaya but I regularly travel with one friend too. I don’t mind company in pattaya as long as he’s there to go mongering! Even if I’ve a newbie mate, just show him beer bars and gogo bars and they’re usually happy. But I like to be a bit adventurous and get out of pattaya. This is where I’d rather be alone, this is where I find it hard to arrange things with other lads. If they’ve been to pattaya, then no matter where you go, all they want to know is where is the beer bars and gogo bars whereas I suppose the novelty has wore off for me. I certainly, do plenty of mongering whether it’s pattaya or somewhere else in Thailand but I don’t feel I need to get drunk to do this and like to keep myself in some sort of fit state to go exploring or scuba diving or something. So I’m really looking forward to next month now, I’ll see so much more and do so much more traveling alone. But by all means, I fully intend on having fun with plenty of sexy young thai girls in both samui and pattaya,I just intend on being some way sober while I do it!

Edited by Peter o connor

Punter

I'd say solo trips to LOS is often the favoured way for long time, hard core mongers while holidaying with friends is more likely to be the introduction to the delights. You're up early mate! I've got an hour before I go to work.

Peter o connor
36 minutes ago, Punter said:

I'd say solo trips to LOS is often the favoured way for long time, hard core mongers while holidaying with friends is more likely to be the introduction to the delights. You're up early mate! I've got an hour before I go to work.

On my way to work!! Yeah your spot on. I made my first trip to Thailand in 2001 with 10 other friends and I visited a lot over the next few years with gangloads of friends. Now I’m a hardcore monger, most of my friends have settled down so don’t get anywhere near Thailand! I have one other single mate who often travels with me but I’m often alone as well. No harm though, I don’t think I want gangloads of friends coming to pattaya with me unless they are all single wanting thai girls!

blue1878

When I first started visiting Thailand I used to travel with friends.  Nowadays I travel solo.  I think when you have visited Pattaya a number of times traveling alone isnt a problem.  You get to know people so you always have people to chat to plus the city is very familar plus you'll always find a girl to keep you company

Peter o connor
59 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

When I first started visiting Thailand I used to travel with friends.  Nowadays I travel solo.  I think when you have visited Pattaya a number of times traveling alone isnt a problem.  You get to know people so you always have people to chat to plus the city is very familar plus you'll always find a girl to keep you company

Yeah the more you get to know pattaya, the more comfortable you are spending time alone there. As you said you’ll always find a girl to keep you company and just walk into a bar at any time of the day or night and chat to the other single blokes doing the exact same thing.

prilepus

Both are ok. Sometimes you just want to do what you feel like in every moment and you just improvise without having any plan. Better solo then. But it is also true that other times is funny to share the experience with someone who cames from your same culture.

In Pattaya feeling alone is almost  impossible.

william77

Solo, no one back home need to know I BB bargirls or CIM LBs!! 

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)

I live in Udon Thani and my preference is to holiday in Pattaya (about 4 or 5 times annually) on my own. I'm not anti-social as when in Patts I like to meet up for a night or two with BMs who I have formed friendships with over the years. I also like getting together with dudes from the golf society a couple of times a week. However, nothing beats the thrill and anticipation of getting ready in your room and off out on your own, with absolutely no plans whatsoever. Who knows what treats lie in store that evening :Dance1:

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

clance

I normally travel alone, but a friend is coming with me on my next trip.  I don't have a problem with traveling alone because I don't have to cater to anyone else.  I do what I want when I want to.  Going to be interesting on the next trip to see how it plays out if my friend and I have different ideas on where to go or when to move on to the next location. 

likeaking

Your problem is you had too many people in your group. More than three usually becomes like herding cats. 

I've always traveled solo until a couple of years ago when I met a lad with common interests. We've hit Angeles City a couple of times for a week but still solo it otherwise. 

felix the cat

For many trips i traveled with friends, though now i travel solo. There was always one in the group who was sulking about someone or something which really put me on a downer throughout the whole trip. 

Now i have friends who are expats & own bars or just retired who i catch up with, so now i don't feel obligated to hang-out with anyone for long periods of time. Just do my own thing when ever i feel like it....I come & go as i please with no headaches! :D 

vimto66

Go on my own but would rather go with a mate, i just miss the small talk you cant have with a thai girl, sport, what we got up to last night, what we`re doing tonight, people back home :P.Basically someone on the same wavelength socially and humour wise!

hioctane

For many trips i traveled with friends, though now i travel solo. There was always one in the group who was sulking about someone or something which really put me on a downer throughout the whole trip. 
Now i have friends who are expats & own bars or just retired who i catch up with, so now i don't feel obligated to hang-out with anyone for long periods of time. Just do my own thing when ever i feel like it....I come & go as i please with no headaches!  

Exactly! I like it better alone now vs being obligated to hang out the whole stay with friends.