tobeornottobe

That's 

1.Girlfriendly

2.Close to the action

3.Has walk in showers

That rules out Avani and Areca lodge

I'm prepared to spend a bit but the Hilton at 200 a night is a bit too much

bluechef

I would have thought that the Hilton would not be in the( resort feel class).

tobeornottobe

I wasn't sure

bluechef

Have you seen where the Hilton is?

tobeornottobe

I stayed in the Avani when it was the Marrott  and before they got changed their stance on the girls staying. It was perfect for location

tobeornottobe
1 minute ago, bluechef said:

Have you seen where the Hilton is?

yes

tobeornottobe

Mytt beach hotel looks nice, is that girl friendly

bluechef

In which case a resort feel hotel, I would have thought, would have gardens maybe even a mini golf course , multiple swimming pools, lots of leisure activities.

Toddler

I stayed at the LK Empress in February. Right on Beach Road. Walking distance to lots of spots. I enjoyed it a lot. Fits all of your criteria.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
13 hours ago, Toddler said:

I stayed at the LK Empress in February. Right on Beach Road. Walking distance to lots of spots. I enjoyed it a lot. Fits all of your criteria.

I love LK Empress...but not really a 'resort' hotel - these are usually characterized by everything being built around a large ground floor pool.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

That's 

1.Girlfriendly

2.Close to the action

3.Has walk in showers

That rules out Avani and Areca lodge

I'm prepared to spend a bit but the Hilton at 200 a night is a bit too much

I just can't recall if the Evergreen Wing at Areca has walk-in showers....anyone remember?

Two other suggestions:

(1) Centara Azure - good location (on soi Bhakow 15 , handy for LK and for getting back at night from WS) guest-friendly, and everything is built around the pool to give it that resort feel. However much of the pool is in the shade,

(2) Centara Nova Spa - (soi opp top end of Soi 6). Really like this hotel, big swim-up bar, classy and girl friendly. Nice rooms all with pool view.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Bonkabit
2 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I just can't recall if the Evergreen Wing at Areca has walk-in showers....anyone remember?

Stayed there twice, most recently early 2017. Pretty sure it was shower over the bath.

For a four-star hotel, we would expect walk-in shower big enough for at least two.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
59 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Stayed there twice, most recently early 2017. Pretty sure it was shower over the bath.

For a four-star hotel, we would expect walk-in shower big enough for at least two.

Yes mate, thanks for that. I stayed in Evergreen 3 years ago...just couldn't recall the shower layout. 

oschkosch

Cons on Areca Lodge: the wifi is fucking shit! And the bathtub/shower combo sucks. Looks old fashioned.

Kandinski

Chabahuts on Buakhao spring in mind. Havent stay there but bekieve it ticks all boxes

Njaya
Posted (edited)

Holiday Inn is nice, has 2 nice pools, nice restaurants, has walk in showers, is girl friendly, cheaper than the Hilton, and while on the north end it's walking distance to lots of massage parlors and not too bad a walk to Soi 6. Easy Baht Bus ride to everything else. Pro tip, for the return Baht Bus ride get out at the Ibis on Second Rd and walk through the driveway rather than riding around to Beach Road.

Edited by Njaya