Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Explorer8939

6 Month METV issue

Mick Pattaya
4 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

I am not getting the visa to squeeze as many days as possible in Thailand, I am getting it to be able to go to Thailand for long stretches for the remainder of this year. I don’t want to show up in October hoping for a visa waiver 30 day stay and be told that I have been in Thailand too long this year.

now that I have my visa and am planning a 60 day stay, what happens if I take a short trip out of the country after the first week? Does that trigger another 60 day period?

Within the visa validity period of 180 days, you get 60 day stay every time you fly into BKK/DMK. 

Ray 61

I'm looking at a six month visa to sort out my retirement.  Has any one from the UK any tips . Much appreciated 

Scuba+
I'm looking at a six month visa to sort out my retirement.  Has any one from the UK any tips . Much appreciated 

METV may be tricky if retired, depends on consulate though. Get a single entry tourist visa £25 for 60 days then extend by a month at Jomtien immigration for 1900 baht.

Or even better get a non imm O/A visa from London, you need 800k baht equivalent so approx £18k, so avoids you needing to have 800k baht for the first year in Thailand

ginseng

Either the behavior of the consulate officers varies widely or there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I am in in Thailand right now on a METV visa which I acquired in person at the LA consulate the same day I applied. I only had to show a hotel the day I arrived. I also only needed to show a flight out of the country within 60 days. 

The clock starts taking the day the visa is issued it doesn't 'activate' when you go to Thailand. The key date is the final date on the visa. You either need to leave every 2 months or get an extension and leave every 3. The most key thing is to enter the country shortly before the final date on the visa to get an additional 2 months which can be extended thirty days which will bring you close to 9 months.

kash buc

I just got my METV in person at the LA Embassy. My experience pretty much mirrors what ginseng wrote above.  I had a round trip ticket in and out of thailand and a ticket for a trip outside of Thailand within 60 days of my arrival. In my case it was a two week trip to bali. also a hotel reservation for for the day I arrived. I have a 4 month trip planned so if fits good in the 6 month period of the visa.

If you want to get the full 9 months out of your METV you'll have to do some planning in when you apply for your visa and when you use your last arrival back to thailand

I got my visa issued on 6/28 and it's good till 12/27. my trip is 8/10 to 12/05 with a two week trip to bali in Oct , which gives me two 60 day stays in Thailand. but I plan to take at least one more trip out of thailand,  

dave01

Interesting that it appears the US consulates require a return ticket to the US.  Where I come from, they just require an onward flight out of Thailand, they don't care where to, just OUT. Strange indeed.

I came  here on a SETV.  I travelled on a one way ticket from home, and a throw away to Phnom Penh. All good, no dramas at all. I then converted the SETV to a Non Imm type visa, which gave me another 3 months, and then finally a retirement extension.

I think it is far easier to do visa stuff here, rather than your own country.

RockyMtnJay
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 20:00, talung66 said:

Got to Jomtien and extend for 30 day this can be only done once after each entry. the cost is 1900 baht from what i remember or you can get a shop to do it for around 1000 baht  fee on top baht  excellent value if you don't like queuing and filling in forms.and getting photocopies you will waste half a day doing it yourself

The visa shops charge 4000 baht to cut the red tape for you. That includes the 1900 baht for the extension. I did it last trip and sat out in front of the restaurant next door until they came and took me inside immigration to have my picture taken (about 1 minute inside). Then back out in front of the restaurant until they returned with my passport. Beat the hell out of the queue. 

I read here I need a ticket out of Thailand within 60 days to get a METV in LA. I was going to use my USA return ticket that is five months out so guess I need to buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand online. 

Is the Jomtien Immigration app working yet? If so does it really help?

Edited by RockyMtnJay

Scuba+

I read here I need a ticket out of Thailand within 60 days to get a METV in LA. I was going to use my USA return ticket that is five months out so guess I need to buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand online. 
Is the Jomtien Immigration app working yet? If so does it really help?

I would phone them to check about the flight, a daft rule, especially as you don't need to leave after 60 days as you could get an extension. Also a bus ticket could be used

ginseng
On 7/7/2018 at 07:05, dave01 said:

Interesting that it appears the US consulates require a return ticket to the US.  Where I come from, they just require an onward flight out of Thailand, they don't care where to, just OUT. Strange indeed.

I did not need a round trip ticket from the LA consulate in the US. I needed an ongoing ticket. My ticket is to Singapore. I haven't even bought a return ticket yet.

dave01
2 hours ago, ginseng said:

I did not need a round trip ticket from the LA consulate in the US. I needed an ongoing ticket. My ticket is to Singapore. I haven't even bought a return ticket yet.

And that is the way it should be...... not as reported above...

kash buc

hopefully it was clear that I was just posting about my experience and the information I personally gave them to get my METV. I wasn't trying to say what is required or not from the LA embassy to get your visa.

They also seemed very interested in the bank account info showing US$10,000. I brought my most recent bank statement.. But they did not seem to care about having a letter from your employer proving you had a job 

dave01
33 minutes ago, kash buc said:

hopefully it was clear that I was just posting about my experience and the information I personally gave them to get my METV. I wasn't trying to say what is required or not from the LA embassy to get your visa.

They also seemed very interested in the bank account info showing US$10,000. I brought my most recent bank statement.. But they did not seem to care about having a letter from your employer proving you had a job 

Yes, there is a requirement for a certain amount of money...  As for the return flight... That is unusual, because generally all they ask for is a forward flight OUT of Thailand.... destination up to you, not THEM.