Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Velcro

Scooter Rental 1,500 baht per month

Velcro

For Rent 

125cc Scooters 

mostly Yamaha Mios , but we have a few Honda Clicks too

All Electric Start 

All Automatic

All insured 

All come with a helmet 

At time of writing all under 10,000km

1,500 baht per month 

1,500 baht depos6B719363-B199-45A3-9571-EEA11A112C34.jpegB49FB56C-2C13-42A5-BEEE-6DAEABA2B54E.jpeg94E575E4-6701-418A-8C20-7C20EB2662FF.jpegD53FC185-4775-40A0-A241-C9E66E8112D6.jpeg00BF5D62-899C-4B2D-8BD9-9DB849E37525.pngCBD35B72-FA7D-4F1E-BADE-EC66625F5202.png4CF4CE4E-F528-4ED9-9428-0E390D0DAB73.pngit 

Velcro

Cheapest rental bikes in Pattaya 

JAI DEE MAK
2 hours ago, Velcro said:

Cheapest rental bikes in Pattaya 

Yes and not old shit worn out bikes I think you may have started a price war 55555.

JDM

GreatThings

Cheap as chips :)

localguy

Sorry for the newbie questions here, but it's been 20 years since I rented a motorbike in LOS:

1. All insured - as in if I have an accident, my fault or not, can I bring the bike back and get an undamaged one?
  2. What type of license do I need to legally drive these? I will be on 1-2 month holiday visa. Non-resident, of course.

Thanks in advance

Velcro

All rental Bike come with basic government insurance.. this is not just my bikes .. all rental bikes you find available in Pattaya will have the same same Insurance 

it covers you and the person you hit with basic medical care .. I believe it provides cover for you the rider it is about 15,000 baht , which covers very little 

BUT - we can offer Accidet Bikeinsurance for accidental damage to the full value the bike and an additional 300,000 baht of hospital cover at an additional charge of  900 baht a month .. can you see why nobody offers this in basic rental price ? Adding 900 Baht to our basic price would kill it .. and when you bear in mind that the full value of the bike is only 30,000 baht it’s a high insurance price 

I have 20 bikes and I have been doing this a long time .. I’ve never had anyone take the full insurance insurance 

it does state in my contracts that if the bike is damaged beyaind repair the renter is responsible for the replacement value of the bike 

and ts not just me - all bike rentals the same 

to Legally ride a scooter in Thailand you need a Thai License or an International Driving License .. which are normally very easy to get in most countries

until recently , if you we stopped by the police without the correct licence you would be fines 400 baht .. this has now changed .  You at still fined 400 baht , but now the bike will be confiscated and the fee to retrieve the bikes is 2,000 baht 

but .. let’s stay positive.. get an International licence .. they are easy to get , and if you are planning to come here again , it fairly easy to pick up a thai license if you have an International.. it’s a good thing to have for ID.. there must be threads on this site about doing this 

localguy

Thank you, Velcro. I didn't realize it was medical insurance rather property (bike) insurance. Makes perfect sense.

I will look into the International Driving License. Makes sense to have it.

Velcro

The silly thing is ,, it 300 for the extra medical and 600b for the damage to bike ... but can’t take the bike damage with out the medical.. which is silly ... most have travel medical insurance and dint need more , they just want the bike cover 

bangna

Don't waste money on an International Driving License it is feel good factor only. Get the International Driving Permit 1949 version in your home country. You need full license for a bike at home to get IDP with category A for bikes.

deano4598
5 minutes ago, bangna said:

Don't waste money on an International Driving License it is feel good factor only. Get the International Driving Permit 1949 version in your home country. You need full license for a bike at home to get IDP with category A for bikes.

Not sure there is such a thing as an International Driving License, many use the term to refer to an IDP.

Velcro
6 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Not sure there is such a thing as an International Driving License, many use the term to refer to an IDP.

Yes your are 100% right ..I used the wrong term .. That’s a lesson learnt ( I tell al, my customers they need a license when I should say permit and it’s the wrong term )

international driving permit 1949 version 

hioctane
Also keep in mind that for most insurance to pay out (not sure about Thai insurance), you need a full license with bike and IDP. Since I don't have a bike license at home, I am considering getting a Thai license which seems a lot cheaper and easier to get.

Memurtle

When I was in Phuket in January and I got stopped opposite Bangla road, the motorbike cop was happy with my Aussie drivers license. I don’t even have a bike license only car and it wasn’t Thai license or an international licence. Maybe they are more strict in Pattaya

localguy
25 minutes ago, hioctane said:
52 minutes ago, bangna said:

Also keep in mind that for most insurance to pay out (not sure about Thai insurance), you need a full license with bike and IDP. Since I don't have a bike license at home, I am considering getting a Thai license which seems a lot cheaper and easier to get.

Just to share my research - the IDP seems easy enough to get for $20 and a short application form. That said, I am speaking from the perspective of a 1 or 2 month visitor to LOS, and I imagine a Thai license might be the right option for a resident.

hioctane
Just to share my research - the IDP seems easy enough to get for $20 and a short application form. That said, I am speaking from the perspective of a 1 or 2 month visitor to LOS, and I imagine a Thai license might be the right option for a resident.
The IDP is simply a paper booklet... Too big to fit in your wallet. Problem is that in most countries it is only valid for a year and then you need to get another. If you don't have a full bike license, the IDP won't turn it into one.

hioctane
When I was in Phuket in January and I got stopped opposite Bangla road, the motorbike cop was happy with my Aussie drivers license. I don’t even have a bike license only car and it wasn’t Thai license or an international licence. Maybe they are more strict in Pattaya
No.. TIT.. There is no universal enforcement. I had a friend who got away with his home license in Pattaya one day and another day a different friend's license would not be accepted. He had to pay the fine. When he came back, the bike was gone. He had to go to the impound and pay another fee. A huge PIA!

Velcro
9 minutes ago, hioctane said:
14 minutes ago, localguy said:

The IDP is simply a paper booklet... Too big to fit in your wallet. Problem is that in most countries it is only valid for a year and then you need to get another. If you don't have a full bike license, the IDP won't turn it into one.

True .. but the British have a chance .. it’s not official or legal .. but in the Uk we go to the post office for a IDP , it seems to b common prastice for the cashier serving you to just stamp all the categories fir different types of vehicles.. suspect the is because most of us in the Uk have motorbike entitlement fir up to 50cc and you have to really look hard at the tiny writing in License to if it a full motorbike entitlement.. anyway .. I have never had a bike license, and the Uk post office stamped all the bows in my IDP .. took this to trac this n thailand and I got a full car and separate full bike license 

so  my point is.. if you are  British the IDP might turn into a full bike license !!!!! 

bangna

I'm UK, I have an old UK paper license, no photograph. The last time I went to the Post Office the assistant picked up a comparison document to see which groups to stamp. The experienced assistant said that didn't work for old paper licenses so stamp all groups. I am qualified for all groups though.

I used the IDP to obtain two Thai licenses. 

20180528_125609.thumb.jpg.45b7891afb2e3d17be3b06992f489b8c.jpg

20180528_124620.thumb.jpg.67899789fec7f20f0cce381b8022ec37.jpg

20180528_124646.thumb.jpg.f331e503cf6ae5b272f0877c7e25ad91.jpg

Edited by bangna

Memurtle
No.. TIT.. There is no universal enforcement. I had a friend who got away with his home license in Pattaya one day and another day a different friend's license would not be accepted. He had to pay the fine. When he came back, the bike was gone. He had to go to the impound and pay another fee. A huge PIA!

TIT?

hioctane
I'm UK, I have an old UK paper license, no photograph. The last time I went to the Post Office the assistant picked up a comparison document to see which groups to stamp. The experienced assistant said that didn't work for old paper licenses so stamp all groups. I am qualified for all groups though.
I used the IDP to obtain two Thai licenses. 
20180528_125609.thumb.jpg.45b7891afb2e3d17be3b06992f489b8c.jpg
20180528_124620.thumb.jpg.67899789fec7f20f0cce381b8022ec37.jpg
blockquote>Clearly she has no clue what

hioctane

TIT?
This is Thailand

SirL

I may perhaps have missed something, but what's the name of your business and where are you located?  Is it easy for a person without their own transport to get there?

Velcro
4 hours ago, SirL said:

I may perhaps have missed something, but what's the name of your business and where are you located?  Is it easy for a person without their own transport to get there?

Pattaya Wheels - we deliver all bikes .. we are based quite a way out side of Pattaya City.. but bring all bikes to the customers location 

Memurtle
16 hours ago, hioctane said:
This is Thailand

NEUEA  ;)

Edited by Memurtle