Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
galey

Agoda's BS discount

galey

Hi I'm  sure  many  regular's now but many newbies wouldn't.

The  Agonda offering massive discounts 50% + on rooms is  complete bullshit  the real  discount  maybe 10% at best. 

I  don't know how they keep  getting away with it how stupid  do they think people are.

You  can walk  in  of the street  and get the same or better  deals even contact the establishment  yourself and get  the same price rooms.

Just laughable the  misleading advertising they do.  

Stillearly

I always check with the hotels to see if they are cheaper or the same as I can find with the hotel sites , most times they are more expensive, always give them the opportunity to deal direct though 

darpra

Agreed 50% off etc are just marketing BS. But there are hotels that are expensive if you go direct and cheaper in Agoda and vice versa. Best is to find the hotel you like and compare prices and book.

Also in my experience Agoda prices change every now and then and in between some days they become dirt cheap and on some days its a lot high. If you are a technology guy best is to write some script that can check the prices every day or so and send you an email if it falls below. Also same thing could happen with other sites like expedia.

yugot

The reason you see agonda promoted on all these websites isn't because it's a great cheap service. It's because they pay out a big commission to the blogger for every gullible who clicks through on the advertisement. It was a bit better in the early days when they would instead kick back a few bucks to the actual customer for booking through them.

Even the poster above me put some affiliate links in his text to try to get some commission.

Stillearly
1 minute ago, yugot said:

Even the poster above me put some affiliate links in his text to try to get some commission.

That's not the poster , it happens if you use key words on this forum , such as hotels and Agoda 

bluechef

when I used to come here for holidays, I always stayed in he same room in the same hotel, Agoda advertised up to 70 % off , but the walk in price was still always cheaper than this. Go figure, until they start fining these companies for false advertising. You will carry on being taken to the cleaners. 

tps

I really dislike the Agoda BS as well. In addition to the absurd "X% off" claims, you should remember to click on the 'Total Price per Night' option; otherwise, the real end cost will be much higher with taxes and whatever else added on .

Also, many times the stunningly low price listed is completely false. To give an example, yesterday I was checking hotel prices and Agoda listed March Hotel at 560thb all in - a price that I know is highly unlikely. I double-checked to make sure I had it set on the total price option and not just The Base price, and yes, The Base price was stated as 460thb (and yes, I know, way too low). I proceeded to click book, and wah-lahh!!....the final bill was just under 2700 for three nights. A good price for the March Hotel, but coincidentally the same end price as I was given when March was listed on Agoda at a more accurate 860thb pn one day earlier.

Anyway, lots of bait and switch on Agoda....as always, buyer beware.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I am a big fan of Expedia (Thailand). Good customer service and keen prices.

kansuwan

I'm a big fan of https://uk.hotels.com/ 

Good coverage world-wide, easy web-site, taxes included in the initially shown price rather than being concealed until the payment screen and the '1 night free after ten nights stayed' bonus soon mounts up.   

Edited by kansuwan

Stu79

i use hotels.com as well, it always seems to be one of the cheapest when looking around, and prices are always changing on it a few times a week so if you have a particular hotel in mind you can keep an eye on it

Always offering discount codes as well if you have an account, once sometimes twice a month a 10% off comes up, i just booked a hotel just now with 11% off which was already the cheapest price i saw even before the 11% discount

tenpro

You're basically going to be using one of 2 travel aggregator companies - Expedia (which owns hotels.com, Hotwire, trivago, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) or Booking (which owns Priceline, Agoda, Kayak, Momondo, etc).

Autoroam

Don't know if Im allowed to ask this:

Im usually a customer who hits up hotels direct...never used an aged type site before.

Cane across a site called sawadeedotcom and their prices were in thai bht and reasonable...are they 

legit/trustworthy etc?

galey

The  trouble with Orbitz they quote in  US $$ can't even get a Baht price so pain in ass converting all the  time. 

Bullen11
Don't know if Im allowed to ask this:
Im usually a customer who hits up hotels direct...never used an aged type site before.
Cane across a site called sawadeedotcom and their prices were in thai bht and reasonable...are they 
legit/trustworthy etc?
I have not used it myself before but have seen it mentioned on the forum so should be OK.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hioctane
The  trouble with Orbitz they quote in  US $$ can't even get a Baht price so pain in ass converting all the  time. 
I prefer Orbitz. They always have a 15% off offer (which you can use twice) every 3 months or so... and they give 5% back in Orbucks. It almost always comes out cheaper than Agoda.

hioctane

Yes, the percentage off is BS with all booking sites. Enable the all inclusive price and compare several booking sites.

MidniteM
13 hours ago, tenpro said:

You're basically going to be using one of 2 travel aggregator companies - Expedia (which owns hotels.com, Hotwire, trivago, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) or Booking (which owns Priceline, Agoda, Kayak, Momondo, etc).

Many people don't understand this.  But there can be price variances based on specials within each company. It is worth checking out consolidation sites such as Trivago.com. But checking on sites directly such as Agoda.com can give even better rates sometimes.

50% off can mean 50% off the rack rate. So there is no deceit, just a "misunderstanding" of the definition of discount.

Good luck trying to get a cheap walk-in price when the only 2brm suites available.  Sure, you can get some places, but the good places I like to stay tend to be booked out or have higher rates for ealk-ins.

galey
13 hours ago, MidniteM said:

Many people don't understand this.  But there can be price variances based on specials within each company. It is worth checking out consolidation sites such as Trivago.com. But checking on sites directly such as Agoda.com can give even better rates sometimes.

50% off can mean 50% off the rack rate. So there is no deceit, just a "misunderstanding" of the definition of discount.

Good luck trying to get a cheap walk-in price when the only 2brm suites available.  Sure, you can get some places, but the good places I like to stay tend to be booked out or have higher rates for ealk-ins.

Sorry  mate can't agree been coming for 20 yrs and seen this Bullshit since day  one. The prices they  quote before discount is absolute BS never  have I ever seen those prices from any of the  hotels I've  stayed.

One  of my fiends who  placed his rooms  through  Agoda agrees his never charged those absorbent prices  listed pre so called discount. The  small discount you  do get is given  back with  all the hidden costs.

On  rare occasion very  rare do you  get  any real  discount which  is more then  likely the  hotels themselves pushing  a low period.    

Edited by galey