Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Evil Penevil

Isan Generations

Evil Penevil

I took these pics 10 years ago during an extended trip through Isan.  I posted them in 2009, but they disappeared when the image hosting site went down.  I just rediscovered them on an external hard drive which had I had misplaced. The pics were taken on a farm with four houses and an extended family of about 30 people ranging from the great grandmother to toddlers.

The little girl in the pic had never seen a farang before and couldn't figure out what I was. 

311194_375559295864524_809053863_n.jpg

Once her fear wore off, she approached me and started rubbing my arm.  Her family laughed and said even Thai babies like white skin!  The great granny also commented she had never seen skin as white as mine. Everyone I met that day said something about my complexion and how lucky I was to have such light skin.  I didn't have the heart to tell them that skin cancer runs in my family and so far I've been one of the few males to escape it.

Untitled-1.jpg

The main house where 10 people lived:

430710_371805446239909_918406715_n.jpg

The older  boy was speeding around the compound with the infant holding on to the handlebars.  I winced at that one. The uncle on the right was drunk at 4.00 p.m.

Untitled-2.jpg

This uncle was also drunk and had a gash above his eye that needed stitches.  His wife, also drunk, had just stabbed him with a knife.

407613_371810812906039_620697140_n.jpg

483089_371810882906032_1821971040_n.jpg

Preparing dinner:

406795_371813062905814_221609103_n.jpg

The family gathered for dinner:

302748_371810902906030_1640741775_n.jpg

The adult males ate at one table,  the females and children at other tables.

67878_371813162905804_243739960_n.jpg

I had donated a carton of large beers to the meal.  All were gone by the end of it.  Those gentlemen were thirsty!

561499_371813196239134_1638549775_n.jpg

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.  I prayed to every god known and unknown I wouldn't have to use the outhouse while I was there.

574709_375560885864365_899377_n.jpg

I don't think the cows had ever seen a farang, either.  They stared at me in a spooky fashion.  I understand now why Thai beef is tough.  Those aren't exactly Black Angus.

Capture.JPG

The houses were ramshackle, but inside all had 50-inch color TVs.  Three of the young women in the family worked in P4P establishments in Bangkok.  That's how I met one of them and ended up in the village.

Evil

:devil

Irenicus

Nice pics. Have any of the lady you wanna share? Did you settle down and become the 11th member living in the house? 

Evil Penevil
1 hour ago, Irenicus said:

Nice pics. Have any of the lady you wanna share? Did you settle down and become the 11th member living in the house? 

I met one of the girls in the family in an establishment in Bangkok.  She was eager to get married, but I wasn't. She married a Thai guy about a year later and I lost touch with her.  She contacted me a few months ago through a mamasan both of us knew.  Her marriage didn't last and she has two kids to support.  She now works in a hotel in Phuket that is owned by in-laws of one of her sisters.

I don't think it wise to post any pics of her.   She might not appreciate photographs that associate her with her past life.

Evil

dh842

The simple life...

No wonder the good looking girls escape to the big city.

CyberPro
Posted (edited)

Amazing and telling pictures of village life. 

Thanks for sharing. 

And yeah, unless farming was my gig, I'd probably be looking to escape to better opportunities as soon as possible. 

Looks like they eat well there, but drunk by 4 PM? :wacko:

Edited by CyberPro

Roadrunner

Not much seems to have changed in the last 10 years then ..

Except now they have a new pick-up parked outside,  Lol 

Evil Penevil
11 hours ago, dh842 said:

The simple life...

No wonder the good looking girls escape to the big city.

4 hours ago, CyberPro said:

And yeah, unless farming was my gig, I'd probably be looking to escape to better opportunities as soon as possible. 

A lot of the girls I have known have had conflicted feelings about the big city vs the village.  When working in Pattaya or Bangkok, they miss the warmth and love of their families.  The girls with children feel sad and guilty about not spending more time with them. Most also hate the humiliation of "working bar" and "going with many men."  There's considerable danger to their souls and bodies as well, so the village is a haven for them, at least on an emotional  basis. 

But when they go back to the village for an extended time, they begin to long for the big city life.  They miss chatting and partying with friends; discos; shopping malls; restaurants; movies; karaoke; beauty salons and a hundred other things.  Life on the farm is physically demanding and the girls sure can't sleep 12 hours a day.  Everyone in the family goes to bed at 10 p.m. at the latest to be able to get up at 4.00 or 5.00 a.m. to start the day's work. 

"Boring" is how one girl summed it up.  Another told me her dream in life would be to have a job in an office or shop in Korat or Khon Kaen and visit the farm every weekend.  That's a realistic dream and thousands of Isaan girls live it.  The downside is they'd be making 12,000-15,000 baht per month if lucky, whereas they can earn four or five times that amount as a bar girl.

Through my visits, I gained a lot of understanding for the lives these girls live, which are often much more complicated than many farang think. They have hard roads to travel and I try in my interactions with them not to make it any harder. 

Evil

Tarl

Nice pics and story mate. Similar in many respects to my first visit. Must admit I did not feel safe in my first visit. Weird feeling being somewhere with no other farang, no english, and no phone coverage.

udontony
1 hour ago, Tarl said:

Nice pics and story mate. Similar in many respects to my first visit. Must admit I did not feel safe in my first visit. Weird feeling being somewhere with no other farang, no english, and no phone coverage.

Yes nice pictures.   My experience was very similar to yours Tarl except that I never felt unsafe ( except maybe from food poisoning! ) and I had absolutely no idea where I was.   Came on a cheap, slow bus and arrived in the early hours of the morning, knew I was in Sakon Nakhon province but that was all I knew.  So glad I took that chance, lived here for long time now and enjoy all the time.

weblo

Not much in the small villages for them or anyone to do but farm, and evil got it right, you're up at 5 am and to bed early. The gals dream of the big city life ,, but still have their families in their hearts.and love to go back for visits.

Encora

Thanks for posting, EP.

i have very similar pictures and experiences from my early visits to Isan villages, 2001.

good memories, pleased I went, in spite of it going to custard later.

helped me a lot, understanding how and why....

Irenicus
7 hours ago, Encora said:

Thanks for posting, EP.

i have very similar pictures and experiences from my early visits to Isan villages, 2001.

good memories, pleased I went, in spite of it going to custard later.

helped me a lot, understanding how and why....

Storytime please? In another thread perhaps? :P

Edited by Irenicus

pattusa

Thanks for the pictures. I really wonder Thai village life. Never had a chance to visit some Thai villages before

I hope it comes true  in my next trip on November.

TommyUK69

I bet the lovely old wooden building has gone and been replaced by concrete house. That's what happened to the wooden home my wife's parents had.  So many of these old wooden buildings are disappearing and Thai history being lost.

googlehead

Great stuff

Encora
On 8/8/2018 at 17:48, Irenicus said:

Storytime please? In another thread perhaps? :P

already posted, look at myhistory

Irenicus
3 hours ago, Encora said:

already posted, look at myhistory

I went through your topic history and couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the advanced section, or maybe you deleted it?

If you're talking about your normal posts, then you have ~ 4000...

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

CyberPro
On 8/7/2018 at 03:20, Evil Penevil said:

Through my visits, I gained a lot of understanding for the lives these girls live, which are often much more complicated than many farang think. They have hard roads to travel and I try in my interactions with them not to make it any harder. 

"Good on ya".

Insightful and informative thread. 

LOTTELLEE WINNA

OP - Great pics...many thanks for posting.