Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
Campoh

Breakfast at KTK Royal Residence

Campoh

After searching Agoda and lurking some more, i am now torn between two hotels, the KTK Royal Residence and The April Suites.

I am currently wondering at what time the breakfast closes, and if it is worth splurging a bit for the breakfast at KTK?

And i would like to know if other people prefer to grab their breakfast at their hotel or from somewhere else?

Dating with thai girls
Spursman

Breakfast - what’s that?

Rarely rise before midday when in Patts so booking a place with bf included has never been a concern.

my advice would be to go for April Suites and enjoy a feed in one of the many restaurants on Pattaya klang when you wake. 

Nando9999
33 minutes ago, Spursman said:

Breakfast - what’s that?

Rarely rise before midday when in Patts so booking a place with bf included has never been a concern.

my advice would be to go for April Suites and enjoy a feed in one of the many restaurants on Pattaya klang when you wake. 

Its the last beer you have before leaving a club and heading back to your room.:Moon2:

Patts Luver

IMO, KTK is lot better !!

About the breakfast closes at 13.00!!! Whenever you wake up, you are sure you'll get your breakfast. 

There is a diversity in the menu ! Local, western..included fruit, fried eggs, breakfast cereal...Great one !!!

You'll enjoy it

stacksreg123

Are you aware that KTK does not have an outdoors pool? Thats the only reason why I havent booked a room there yet! Besides that it looks sweet.

Patts Luver
1 hour ago, stacksreg123 said:

Are you aware that KTK does not have an outdoors pool? Thats the only reason why I havent booked a room there yet! Besides that it looks sweet.

Wrong !!!

They have 2 pools. one indoor, the first floor and the second is OUTdoor pool in the second floor !!

I stayed 7 times in KTK. 1st time in Royal residence and 6 times in Regent suite 

Patts Luver

There you go: Pics of all the facilities at KTK

ktk_hotel_pattaya_4.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_3.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_7.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_1.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_2.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_4.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_6.jpg

stacksreg123
12 minutes ago, Patts Luver said:

There you go: Pics of all the facilities at KTK

ktk_hotel_pattaya_4.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_3.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_7.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_1.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_2.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_4.jpg

ktk_hotel_facilities_6.jpg

Oh wow. I thought it was only indoors... 

From the pictures it seems to be not rooftop, do u still get sun all Day or is it shadow side? 

Patts Luver
3 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Oh wow. I thought it was only indoors... 

From the pictures it seems to be not rooftop, do u still get sun all Day or is it shadow side? 

you get the sun untill it gets dark !!! No prob.

worldtraveler3

ktk sound like the better option breakfast is great mostly thai food but you can get an omelette made and the rooms are big for the price you pay enjoy your say.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

@Campoh  - I have never had breakfast at KTK, so can't comment about it. If you can get a good deal ie (say) an extra 100THB pn, then maybe go for it. Otherwise there is lots of choice in the KTK soi - Amari Nova Suites do a great breakfast (around 250THB...but keep you going all day), Jamesons Irish bar do a fry-up Irish breakfast, there is a German Cafe just opposite KTK and there are at least two Thai restaurants nearby. Great choice, I like this soi 5 - 7 minute walk to Baht bus route 2nd rd though - KTK have little golf buggy to ferry you around which helps.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Ludhamlad

Breakfast at KTK costs 179 Baht, spoke to people who'd stayed before and they said they had put it up to 250 but weren't getting enough customers so had to drop it back down.  Sure are some people who definitely get their money's worth :D

mgthom75
42 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@Campoh  - I have never had breakfast at KTK, so can't comment about it. If you can get a good deal ie (say) an extra 100THB pn, then maybe go for it. Otherwise there is lots of choice in the KTK soi - Amari Nova Suites do a great breakfast (around 250THB...but keep you going all day), Jamesons Irish bar do a fry-up Irish breakfast, there is a German Cafe just opposite KTK and there are at least two Thai restaurants nearby. Great choice, I like this soi 5 - 7 minute walk to Baht bus route 2nd rd though - KTK have little golf buggy to ferry you around which helps.

I would also heartily recommend Amari Nova for their buffet breakfast (it also opens very early) as well as Jameson's for a fry-up; they're a good complement as Amari doesn't have English-style sausage or bacon (but great breads, juices, thai, western, omelettes made to order and even Indian options).

I was on a bit of a tighter budget last time I stayed on Soi AR, so I also used the Penguin Cafe, which is a great little Thai restaurant opposite the Nova Gold...they also open in the mornings...the only quirk is a cat that likes to roam on the food prep surfaces :)

As an aside, I can't understand why Amari Nova doesn't get talked about more....the room prices are great IMO.  Last time I stayed there I was just in a regular studio room at around $55...but even that has a washing machine and microwave.  The deluxe suite looks out of this world with over 850 sq.ft of space...but way cheaper than something comparable in size elsewhere (currently showing at $67/night mid-January) ...I guess some people just get put off by the fact it's not directly on a baht bus route?

Edited by mgthom75

LOTTELLEE WINNA
34 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

I would also heartily recommend Amari Nova for their buffet breakfast (it also opens very early) as well as Jameson's for a fry-up; they're a good complement as Amari doesn't have English-style sausage or bacon (but great breads, juices, thai, western, omelettes made to order and even Indian options).

I was on a bit of a tighter budget last time I stayed on Soi AR, so I also used the Penguin Cafe, which is a great little Thai restaurant opposite the Nova Gold...they also open in the mornings...the only quirk is a cat that likes to roam on the food prep surfaces :)

As an aside, I can't understand why Amari Nova doesn't get talked about more....the room prices are great IMO.  Last time I stayed there I was just in a regular studio room at around $55...but even that has a washing machine and microwave.  The deluxe suite looks out of this world with over 850 sq.ft of space...but way cheaper than something comparable in size elsewhere (currently showing at $67/night mid-January) ...I guess some people just get put off by the fact it's not directly on a baht bus route?

My sentiments also. Soi AR is a hidden gem, I love it. The only issue for me personally is getting to anf from LK Metro with my golf clubs...which is why I don't always stay there.

Love the Amari Nova Suites - stayed in Feb with a mate in the 2 bedroom corner suite - we paid under 2,000THB a night each inc breakfast. 

See the source image

Dr No

I like the breakfast at KTK as it’s buffet and all you can eat. The times I’ve stayed at Amari Nova Suites I’ve booked without breakfast as I find it’s a better deal to walk over to KTK and pay for it there. 

Edited by Dr No

Campoh

Thanks for all the information guys!

Definitely going to book a room at the KTK with Breakfast.

mgthom75
1 hour ago, Campoh said:

Thanks for all the information guys!

Definitely going to book a room at the KTK with Breakfast.

Please update us with a review afterwards!

The KTK rooms and facilities look really nice and the breakfast seems like a great deal...how much do you think the breakfast will cost you when included in the room-rate? 

Even at a 179 THB walk-in rate, the breakfast certainly sounds worth doing (the regular full-English fry-up at Jamesons was 199 baht last time I ate there and it's not AYCE..so another cup of coffee, more bread, juice, etc, adds significantly to the price...as LW has said, the Amari Nova AYCE buffet is 250...though well worth it IMHO).

That said, if the effective all-inclusive KTK price isn't less than 179 baht, I'd be inclined to pass on the breakfast pre-paid option and indulge as you see fit each morning at KTK or elsewhere...but I can be a tight Northerner CC and my day is spoiled if I miss a breakfast  that I've already paid for!  Joking aside, I have come across some all-inclusive 'deals' where the pre-paid rate for breakfast is actually more than the walk-in rate, so I'd just make sure you're not paying over the odds!

Have fun!

P.S. If you don't want to walk to Second Road for a baht bus or can't be bothered to wait for the golf cart, there's lots of mototaxi's within spitting distance of KTK...shouldn't be more than 40 or 50 baht to get to virtually anywhere in South, Central or North Pattaya.  There's also one or two currency exchanges very nearby...my go-to is just south next to  Centara Nova...adjacent to an Indian restaurant and another Thai restaurant...60 secs walk tops.

Edited by mgthom75

mgthom75

My apologies to @Campoh for the derail, but a quick question for LW or anyone else familiar with Soi AR.

Are @Mind serviced apartments on Soi AR worth a stay? 

It's conveniently closer to Second Road and after staying at several other hotels on the Soi, I wonder if it's worth a try...if only to figuratively 'buy' another property on my Pattaya/Soi AR Monopoly board!

I now live a very sheltered and quiet life, so trying new hotels and breakfasts gives me great joy :)

Edited by mgthom75

LOTTELLEE WINNA
3 hours ago, mgthom75 said:

My apologies to @Campoh for the derail, but a quick question for LW or anyone else familiar with Soi AR.

Are @Mind serviced apartments on Soi AR worth a stay? 

It's conveniently closer to Second Road and after staying at several other hotels on the Soi, I wonder if it's worth a try...if only to figuratively 'buy' another property on my Pattaya/Soi AR Monopoly board!

I now live a very sheltered and quiet life, so trying new hotels and breakfasts gives me great joy :)

Yes mate stayed in At Mind on several occasions - though not for a few years. Really enjoyed the swish and modern Apart-otel experience. Nice rooms, guest-friendly and spacious apartment style rooms - decent gym and pool too. If you like to be near Soi 6 (but like a quiet place too) then this is a good choice. 

Just a word of warning - there are several At Minds in the group - so make sure you book the right one (At Mind Serviced Residences). Next month I am in Patts with a mate and my missus and nipper are coming down for a few days - I wanted a non mongering quiet place so i booked us into At Mind Exclusive, which is much further into soi AR (past Amari Nova and opposite Centara Spa).

One Bedroom Suite
Deluxe Studio

mgthom75
25 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate stayed in At Mind on several occasions - though not for a few years. Really enjoyed the swish and modern Apart-otel experience. Nice rooms, guest-friendly and spacious apartment style rooms - decent gym and pool too. If you like to be near Soi 6 (but like a quiet place too) then this is a good choice. 

Just a word of warning - there are several At Minds in the group - so make sure you book the right one (At Mind Serviced Residences). Next month I am in Patts with a mate and my missus and nipper are coming down for a few days - I wanted a non mongering quiet place so i booked us into At Mind Exclusive, which is much further into soi AR (past Amari Nova and opposite Centara Spa).

One Bedroom Suite
Deluxe Studio

Many thanks LW.  It looks really nice! 

I have to agree with you that Soi AR is a real gem.  I strayed as far away as April Suites on my last trip but, for me, Soi AR will always be my favorite...I tend to stick around Soi 3 or at least north of Soi 6, so I'm fine with the location!  

I'll certainly check out prices there for my next trip. If I can't get a good price at @Mind, I might splurge on that one-bedroom deluxe suite at Amari Nova! (after I got your message, I also checked out the two-bedroom suite there...it has 1700 sq. ft...I can't imagine what that would cost at somewhere like The Hilton!)

Edited by mgthom75

LOTTELLEE WINNA
23 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

Many thanks LW.  It looks really nice! 

I have to agree with you that Soi AR is a real gem.  I strayed as far away as April Suites on my last trip but, for me, Soi AR will always be my favorite...I tend to stick around Soi 3 or at least north of Soi 6, so I'm fine with the location!  

I'll certainly check out prices there for my next trip. If I can't get a good price at @Mind, I might splurge on that one-bedroom deluxe suite at Amari Nova! (after I got your message, I also checked out the two-bedroom suite there...it has 1700 sq. ft...I can't imagine what that would cost at somewhere like The Hilton!)

What’s on soi 3?.....I haven’t been around that area for a long time

mgthom75
36 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

What’s on soi 3?.....I haven’t been around that area for a long time

Just a laid-back British-bar called "Melodies" (formerly Chaplins)...owned by a 75-year old Yorkshireman called Mel who has a 5 year-old with his Thai wife!  It's a fun, low-key bar that I like to spend time in.

I then typically go to Billabong 2 at the corner of Soi 3 and Second Road for a few games of pool (site of the old Cherry Bar, next to The Atlantic Bar) followed by a stroll down to the bar beer complex further down Soi 3, closer to Beach Road.

As I said, I live a rather sheltered life nowadays!  Soi 3 is enough for me most nights...when I need a bit more excitement, the likes of Soi 6, 7 and 8 are just a short baht bus journey down Beach Road :)

https://www.facebook.com/MelodiesUKPattaya/

Edited by mgthom75

LOTTELLEE WINNA
26 minutes ago, mgthom75 said:

Just a laid-back British-bar called "Melodies" (formerly Chaplins)...owned by a 75-year old Yorkshireman called Mel who has a 5 year-old with his Thai wife!  It's a fun, low-key bar that I like to spend time in.

I then typically go to Billabong 2 at the corner of Soi 3 and Second Road for a few games of pool (site of the old Cherry Bar, next to The Atlantic Bar) followed by a stroll down to the bar beer complex further down Soi 3, closer to Beach Road.

As I said, I live a rather sheltered life nowadays!  Soi 3 is enough for me most nights...when I need a bit more excitement, the likes of Soi 6, 7 and 8 are just a short baht bus journey down Beach Road :)

https://www.facebook.com/MelodiesUKPattaya/

Thanks for that...yes I think I remember Cherry Bar, end bar and up some steps - they had coyotes (no, the bar with coyotes was at the other end), I ‘dated’ one of them. Happy days.

Will check the area out when in town next month.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

mgthom75
18 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Thanks for that...yes I think I remember Cherry Bar, end bar and up some steps - they had coyotes (no, the bar with coyotes was at the other end), I ‘dated’ one of them. Happy days.

Will check the area out when in town next month.

Well worth checking out! 

The girls at Billabong 2 can be a little pushy for drinks since most are quasi-freelancers who aren't salaried (like at their sister bar Billabong in LK Metro) but the vibe at Melodies is a lot more relaxed. 

The beer bar complex on Soi 3 nearer to Beach Road rarely gets talked about...like Amari Nova...but I'd certainly recommend a visit!

Edited by mgthom75