Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
scutter

Absolute Vodka - The cost

scutter

Just a quick one. Does anyone on the ground now how much a 700ml (0.7L) bottle of absolute Vodka costs. 

scutter

Thanks Kandinski, very helpful. 

talung66

5 hours ago, scutter said:

Just a quick one. Does anyone on the ground now how much a 700ml (0.7L) bottle of absolute Vodka costs. 

From where thinks its 2800 in i bar

So we now got anywhere from 769 to 2800 

Autoroam

does anywhere in patts serve Ciroc vodka?

taylor1975

Apparently, in the US there is a federal law that requires all vodka to be made the same way. Don't be a mug and think there's a difference lol.

This kinda foolery is what the internet was made for. Be smart people, be like taylor :Party1::Party1::Party1:

baddog666

I challenge anyone to compare a cheap vodka such as Gordon or Popov or even Smirnoff ( which I find quite harsh ) compared to the likes of Absolut,  Belvedere , or Kettel One not only for taste , but for how you feel the next day .

Not same same...... 

baddog666

I can't help with prices, but I believe the larger 7-11 stores have Absolut....  should be fairly competitive .

misteregg

960 a litre bottle from my wholesaler

taylor1975
1 hour ago, baddog666 said:

I challenge anyone to compare a cheap vodka such as Gordon or Popov or even Smirnoff ( which I find quite harsh ) compared to the likes of Absolut,  Belvedere , or Kettel One not only for taste , but for how you feel the next day .

Not same same...... 

https://www.wideopeneats.com/expert-ranks-cheap-vodka-and-the-winner-will-surprise-you/

Last sentence.......

Agree or disagree with Horn’s choice for best vodka, if you take anything away from this it’s that vodka is based on marketing, and cost and quality are unrelated. Now who’s ready for shots of Popov? Anyone?

alfazulu111
20 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

https://www.wideopeneats.com/expert-ranks-cheap-vodka-and-the-winner-will-surprise-you/

Last sentence.......

Agree or disagree with Horn’s choice for best vodka, if you take anything away from this it’s that vodka is based on marketing, and cost and quality are unrelated. Now who’s ready for shots of Popov? Anyone?

With all due respect that link is total BS. There's a huge difference between quality vodka and crap like the ones the guy tasted in that video. Finlandia is smooth, easy to distinguish from Absolute but my favorite North European vodka is the Norwegian Viking. Mind you, we always drank Zubrowka and Stolichnaya when I was young

baddog666
44 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Last sentence.......

I can only speak from personal experience . not internet links... I was a vodka drinker for a few years , major differences in taste and smoothness.  I actually liked Sky which is not a super premium , but cheap vodka much like cheap whiskey or cheap booze in general put a serious hurting on me the next day.

In college, we would chip in buy a 1.75 of Popov, less than US$10 in those days.  Sit around and play backgammon for shots..... At 19 I was much more resilient than I am now.

taylor1975

We have tv shows in UK where people swear they can tell the difference between all kinds of food and drink products ....until they blind test them.

If you're drinking vodka without mixers (who does that?) then i would bet you can't tell the difference. 

I'd like to try a test between absolut and a real cheapo one, to see if i preferred one over the other :)

Klongwater
11 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

We have tv shows in UK where people swear they can tell the difference between all kinds of food and drink products ....until they blind test them.

In some instances,drinking the same product from different vessels can result in a perceived change in its taste.

A few years ago,there was a well-publicised test showing that hot chocolate tasted better when consumed from an orange coloured cup rather than (for example) a white coloured one.

Might not be relevant in this case,but an interesting snippet nonetheless.:)

alfazulu111
37 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

If you're drinking vodka without mixers (who does that?) then i would bet you can't tell the difference. 

Every serious vodka drinker. And that's precisely how you can tell the difference

baddog666

I used to drink it with a splash of cranberry juice, and when I say splash , I mean a cap full ...barely enough to change the color .  Usually after 5 minutes the ice would make it practically clear again.

Now we also have to consider different people have different tastes and taste sensitivity.  As a person ages, they tend to lose their tastes.

Ever wonder why old people love desserts, sweets such as cakes ?  Sweet is the last taste to remain after others have become , well numbed. 

A person who drinks a lot, a true alcoholic , also loses their sense of taste.  This could be why cheap brands are so popular, not only price, but if you can't tell the difference, why spend the money ......

Smoking is another factor that hurts your sense of taste.

Klongwater
13 minutes ago, baddog666 said:

Smoking is another factor that hurts your sense of taste.

It certainly does!

Smell has a powerful relationship to the taste of something. I remember seeing a taste test where volunteers had a peg temporarily closing their nostrils and they were given a sample of strong coffee to identify. They all said it was tea. With the peg removed,they were then given the same cup and contents again  and they all then declared the "new" sample was coffee.

Edited by Klongwater

taylor1975
3 hours ago, alfazulu111 said:

Every serious vodka drinker. And that's precisely how you can tell the difference

Serious vodka drinker. I've seen a few round manchester. Usually with carboard signs that say please feed the dog lol.

baddog666

I'll have a vodka martini , hold the vermouth .

alfazulu111
9 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Serious vodka drinker. I've seen a few round manchester. Usually with carboard signs that say please feed the dog lol.

Funny guy. Just ask any Russians how to drink vodka. Or Charlize Theron

striderman
On 8/12/2018 at 12:24, scutter said:

780 for a standard bottle in friendship supermarket today.

scutter

Well my Thai lady friend could do with asking the Russians how to drink it. She got totally wasted on the Voddy last night (absolute pear flavour) . It's amazing how drunk girls go from looking sexy to zombie like after several shots. I have photo of before and after, but she looks like something out of "The Walking Dead" 

alfazulu111
13 minutes ago, scutter said:

Well my Thai lady friend could do with asking the Russians how to drink it. She got totally wasted on the Voddy last night (absolute pear flavour) . It's amazing how drunk girls go from looking sexy to zombie like after several shots. I have photo of before and after, but she looks like something out of "The Walking Dead" 

I used to like black current flavored Absolut and had a bottle when I barfined a real cutie from Supergirl so I gave her some mixed with 7UP. She drank it like water because the 7up made it sweet but she couldn't talk after 2 glasses either. 

alfazulu111

ABK.jpg

stacksreg123

I got a bottle at Frankfurt duty free before take off for like 10 Euro. Way cheaper then in Thailand so if you get the chance, check ouy the duty free.