Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Australian Adult Video | Babydolls Agogo | Max Performer | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
baddog666

PayPal advice

baddog666

I was sending in a deposit for a condo via PayPal yesterday , I noticed they offered a crappy exchange rate like 32.1 B for the US$..... They do give the option to let your credit card associated with PP determine the rate..... I opted for this and my Mastercard  gave me 33.3 B/ $......  obviously a better choice.

Autoroam

yep card is better

Patts Luver

Paypall dosn't charge people a certain fee. But they make lot more money by the exchange rate they use !!!

exactly like westernunion....

gimmesum

western union is the biggiest ripoff of all but paypal jacks the exchange as well

jocky king

I always use the PayPal to buy stuff online . Easy and quicker .  

Scuba+

Paypal has always been a rip off even during ebay days. Best to plan ahead and get a decent payment card

baddog666
26 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Paypal has always been a rip off even during ebay days. Best to plan ahead and get a decent payment card

Some vendors will only accept PayPal... I have no shortage of regular cards.... I understand why a condo rental agency will use PP.... much more difficult to back out once payment is made compared to MC or Visa where you simply dispute the charge.

Since they do offer the opt out on their conversion rate... there is no rip off...which is why I created this thread.

LeoTex
2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

For years I have been using PayPal for all my ebay purchases as well as reloading my phone calling card, Starbuck card, and well as paying for on-line purchases from retail stores. My credit cards that I use for PayPal have never been charge more that what the original purchase was with no extra charges to me.

Maybe the companies that accept PayPal get ripped off for any fees they incur by using them.  

LeoTex 

davidge
12 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

For years I have been using PayPal for all my ebay purchases as well as reloading my phone calling card, Starbuck card, and well as paying for on-line purchases from retail stores. My credit cards that I use for PayPal have never been charge more that what the original purchase was with no extra charges to me.

Maybe the companies that accept PayPal get ripped off for any fees they incur by using them.  

LeoTex 

Absolutely.

I use it all the time in the UK when I buy stuff online. No extra charges ever. 2 weeks before they take the payment in many cases.

I also use it to send smaller amounts to family in Australia. The poor exchange rate is offset by no charges, unlike my bank. For larger amounts it’s better to use bank transfer as the exchange rate losses are more than the bank charges.

docbunsen

I use paypal almost daily for business and personal use. The only time I found them to be naff was when I paid my deposit for accomodation in Patts as their exchange rate is poor. I was unaware of the option of using your associated card's exchange rate . Another school day !

taylor1975

I think most of us are using paypal 'for free' via buying stuff in a nice secure way, so i don't begrudge them if they want to make a few bob on exchange rates, up to a point of course.

Scuba+

If a seller i remember their fees being too high. I recall it wouldn't default to a credit card i wanted to use. Customer service is pretty poor. If transferring money something like transferwise would be better. Exchange rates are not good. I would always find an alternative way to pay.
If an agency insisted on using paypal I'd find another property which i did with a hotel