Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

MM

FLB Bar - 3rd Annual November Party Dance contest - Friday Nov 16

MM

BM's Mi Papa, Happy Knackers, Mickey Mouse and Goldeni (from pattayatalk.com) will be hosting the 3rd Annual Mi Papa November Party at FLB. This party will include a dance contest, food, live music and fun. The pledged prize money for the dance contest is 16,500 baht.

The dance contest is open to sexy ladies (until we reach 24) who wish to compete for the prizes of 5000, 4000, 3000, 2000, 1500, and 1000 baht for top 6 girls.

If you know any sexy ladies who you think could win, show them this flyer.

FLB bar ประกวดเต_น.jpg

Edited by MM

brownlegs

Possibly the worst bar in WS if not Pattaya - dreadful joyless waste of time.

philobert

Possibly the worst bar in WS if not Pattaya - dreadful joyless waste of time.

Don't sugar coat it like that.

just tell us what you really think!

(Been there myself, I found it Ok anyways....)

cheers

bert

Klongwater

When it's in full swing,it's a magical place...band playing,everybody dancing,party atmosphere.

When it's empty,it's like all the other empty bars around town! Flat.

It's neither a gogo or beer bar,more like a show bar with live band and relaxed atmosphere. It's not everyone's cup of tea,but has a niche position in the nightlife spectrum. Hardly fair to slag it off it it isn't your thing,as it fails to be something it never attempted to be in the first place.

Seems popular enough.

nus01

When it's in full swing,it's a magical place...band playing,everybody dancing,party atmosphere.

When it's empty,it's like all the other empty bars around town! Flat.

It's neither a gogo or beer bar,more like a show bar with live band and relaxed atmosphere. It's not everyone's cup of tea,but has a niche position in the nightlife spectrum. Hardly fair to slag it off it it isn't your thing,as it fails to be something it never attempted to be in the first place.

Seems popular enough.

h

spot on been in when its full and the bands cranking and its a great bar, has 3-4 really good staff who i have always got on well with.

Rob55

It cerainly is unique and as others have said when it is in full swing it can be a blast. I never miss at least one visit when I am in town and usually many more.

brownlegs

Yeah well TV bloopers being projected on the wall- funny dogs and babies, East European band doing non ironic cover versions of Abba and a painful absence of Free Lancers............FLB means Free Lance Bar. Walk out and back to the new bar where they play Issan Loktung and Morlam..............now that is fun or try the beer garden overlooking the see designed to attract FLs by providing free food for the girls.

Rob55

Yeah well TV bloopers being projected on the wall- funny dogs and babies, East European band doing non ironic cover versions of Abba and a painful absence of Free Lancers............FLB means Free Lance Bar. Walk out and back to the new bar where they play Issan Loktung and Morlam..............now that is fun or try the beer garden overlooking the see designed to attract FLs by providing free food for the girls.

And you have been to this bar? Most nights a Filipino band is playing not East European. It was originally started by the current owner of the Beer Garden and at the time FLB did stand for Free Lancer Bar. However FLB is no longer meant to be an acronym for Free Lancer Bar, it is just the FLB bar. Some nights are packed with a number of fun, good looking ladies, other nights not. But generally it is a very welcoming place where the ladies are nice and usually not too pushy for lady's drinks.

MM

TV Bloopers went out years ago...about mid-2008.

The house band, Rhythm Tracks, is all Filipino and play a wide range of music from old classic rock standards to modern pop and dance music.

Freelancer Bar changed to FLB a decade ago, and didn't have, nor claim to have, free lancers since then.

This explanation is not given with the intent of changing your opinion, but to simply to correct the factually incorrect items in your post.

meaty

the band were very good when i was in there,did requests and covered some classics to a good standard,it wasnt that busy when i was there but i can imagine with a few people in it could be a good place

wirey

I guess it cant be that bad a place as its been there a while now.

If it was not a viable proposition making some money it would have closed by now surely!!!

Have had some good times there with or with out a lady. :7of10Score:

Edited by wirey

Dodgy

One of the very first bars I went to when I first came to Patts some years back so has some really good memories for me.

I always make a point of calling in when on WS the band are first class IMHO with a huge repertoire. I've had some really good times in there although some nights can be quiet.

With the Live music I find Its a good place to take your lady.

I'm sure the night of the dance contest WILL be a good night.

BTW if you want to check out the bar there's a link to their web cam in the links at the top of these boards

Dodgy

Edited by Dodgy

KuhnKarl

As men have different tastes in women, so do we have in drinking establishments. I concur that for some of us "old farts" the FLB has many good memories! They did a great job of promoting Walking Street with videos a decade ago, before everyone had a camcorder.

If it wasn't for the great hospitality of Martin over my early years of visiting Pattaya, I would have been a lost sheep. Now I am wolf in sheep's clothing.

:GoldenSmile1:

If you haven't viewed some of the old video, I found some posted on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvuGgW41a_Y

yozz

I went to FLB one time last year, and i thought it was an ok place, i found the staff and what girls where there very friendly but not pushy, i also went to the morlam place in Walking Street and had a great time popping along to the isaan music there, i must have looked like a bit of a nob-head though doin my thai strut, but it was fun.......