Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

ASIA_SEXPAT

My Philippines Nightmare Experience

ASIA_SEXPAT
I am very interested in your take on AC and why you left and came to Pattaya - and in general the comparisons - tell us the story - I think it would make very interesting reading

I'm posting this in response to the above request.. more info on the declining bar scene in Angeles to come later. 

Disclaimer: I'm in no way claiming to be the innocent victim here. I've been a hardcore monger for many years. Just posting about my experiences. 

I visited the Philippines (the PI) for 11 years as a tourist, then lived in Angeles City full time for three years before recently being forced to leave. 

After all that time in the country I considered myself as an expert on the place, the people and the culture but I was definitely caught by surprise when I had legal action brought against me and I was left with two choices: Stay, get arrested and be jailed or leave the country and remain a free man. 

Under Philippines law women are protected by a law known as RA9262 ANTI-VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND THEIR CHILDREN. This law was intended to protect women who were victims of domestic violence, but it is now more commonly being used, or rather abused by girlfriends of foreign nationals who become aware of a way they can make some easy money at the same time as getting revenge on their ex-boyfriend for dumping them.

When I became a victim of this law I did some research into other cases and discovered that in 2012 a Canadian man was charged and jailed under this law for sending an email to his girlfriend that she considered to be offensive. The email apparently was enough for her to claim she was the victim of domestic violence. You can read about it here: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/321565/canadian-nabbed-for-offensive-e-mail

I found myself in trouble when my ex-wife, who I was separated from for 2 years decided one day she would get her revenge on me for the break down of our relationship. The reason she hadn’t done this earlier was because of lack of funds to hire a lawyer. In recent months she hooked up with a guy that is apparently happy (or unaware) with her using his money to fuck me over.

The corrupt police and prosecutors are only to happy to make a case against a foreigner. They know a foreigner probably has money to pay a bribe for his release, so they work quickly to have you arrested and charged. No evidence whatsoever is required to be charged under RA9262. My ex-wife is claiming ‘psychological abuse’ during our marriage not any physical violence. The craziest part of it all is that she was the one who attacked me in a violent manner on more than one occasion. She was crazy and impossible to live with.   

I had a court summons delivered to my house saying I needed to respond to domestic violence charges. The summons also had the names of my best friend and our two girlfriends listed as Jane Does, as their names were unknown. My ex-wife was claiming my three friends were also involved in a conspiracy to commit domestic violence against her. A ridiculous and completely false accusation. 

My housemate immediately attended a meeting with the city prosecutor who had issued the summons. He asked “why am I named as a respondent on this summons when I’ve had no relationship with this woman, which is a requirement for me to be charged under this law?” The response from the prosecutor was quite simply “well honestly I have not read the complaint so I don’t know”. This was the prosecutor who has issued the summons. He had not read the complaint. Was this a joke? No, it was a very serious matter. 

I also had meetings with two separate lawyers and was told that I could fight the charges, but the case would take 2-3 years to be heard in the courts and I would probably lose if I was not willing to pay off the prosecutor or judge or both of them. The minimum pay off they would accept would be 500,000 pesos (about $12,500). On top of that the cost of retaining the services of a lawyer for 2-3 years would be around $15,000. 

The lawyer advised me that the prosecutor would move quickly to have me arrested because he knew I would probably try to leave the country. If I left then his big pay day would never come. Along with the arrest comes a hold departure order (HDO) issued nationwide to airport immigration. I would not be able to leave the country until the outcome of my court case was decided. 

Officially an arrest warrant is supposed to take three weeks to be issued, but considering the corruption they could come after me earlier than that and I knew I wouldn’t be notified that an arrest warrant or HDO had been issued, so I made the decision to leave immediately. 

The saddest part is that I have a four year old son that I had to leave behind in the custody of his evil mother. I would have just grabbed him and left, but his mother was in possession of his passport, so that was not an option. The police have since been around to my house trying to arrest me, so I know the charges are not going to go away. 

I’ve made several attempts to resolve this with my ex-wife, but she has stated she will be happy when she sees me in jail and I know she wont stop until that happens. She has the law on her side and corrupt government employees assisting her. While she has a boyfriend giving her money she has no need for me. 

My housemate is also about to leave the country. The prosecutor told him the charges against him would be investigated and his name removed from the summons if they had no basis. Its obvious the prosecutor doesn’t care about justice, nor right and wrong, so I don’t think he can be trusted to drop the charges against my friend. 

As it turned out the timing of this was the same week many of the best Soi 6 type bars were closed down in Angeles City. So for my friend it was a good time to leave anyway. There’s a long story behind the closures that perhaps I’ll post about in another thread. 

Stories like this are very common in the PI, but not so may people tend to share them. As you can read in the story about the Canadian you don’t even need to be married to be charged under the RA9262 laws. It actually states that ‘dating’ a girl is enough for her to make a case against you. And what’s considered a date these days? A barfine? The best way to avoid this happening to you is to just use an alias. If your ‘dates’ never know your real name its a lot harder for them to bring charges against you. You just move to another city and continue your life there.   

Edited by ASIA_SEXPAT

Daddee

Thanks, and that totally sucks about your son...  Hopefully you will regain access to him somehow, and soon!

Luv2Phuket

Glad you made it out safely, but sorry to hear about your son.  That really sucks.

Did you have to abandon any shit when you bailed on PI -- clothes, furniture, anything?  This serves as a reminder to keep possessions light in a foreign country.

Sadly, I'm not surprised about corruption in the PI. 

socrates

Thanks for responding to my original request

Please add more sounds - like an eventful life you lead

Edited by socrates

Grimmy (thegrim)

So what the implications outside of PI?

Obviously it would be very unwise to return however are there any extradition issues? Treaty's etc?

I highly doubt you have any chance of a "fair" trial so no point perusing that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ASIA_SEXPAT

Glad you made it out safely, but sorry to hear about your son.  That really sucks.

Did you have to abandon any shit when you bailed on PI -- clothes, furniture, anything?  This serves as a reminder to keep possessions light in a foreign country.

I left a whole house full of possessions behind. Most are being sold off now by a friend at a fraction of their value. "Never invest more than you're willing to walk away from" applies here. 

So what the implications outside of PI?

Obviously it would be very unwise to return however are there any extradition issues? Treaty's etc?

I highly doubt you have any chance of a "fair" trial so no point perusing that

I had not even considered extradition issues. I just researched it and I see most Asian countries have an agreement including Thailand. Australia has the same agreement, so it would be no safer for me there. Requirement for extradition is a criminal charge that carries a sentence of 1 year minimum. You would think logic an common sense would prevail. No evidence = no proof of a crime, but you never know..  

sinbad5

What a fucked-up thing to happen.

Unfortunately, these types of laws are easily abused by scorned women in other countries too.

Daveo

Sounds nasty, not going there then

lakisscorpio

wow!!!Thanks my friend for sharing your story...i am little shocked....i had very good impression about philippinos girls....me and my friend always think that the best ladies for wives in the world are philippinos ladies.....but after that story,i am not sure anymore....to be honest i was expecting that situation from thai lady and not philippino!!!!

ASIA_SEXPAT

wow!!!Thanks my friend for sharing your story...i am little shocked....i had very good impression about philippinos girls....me and my friend always think that the best ladies for wives in the world are philippinos ladies.....but after that story,i am not sure anymore....to be honest i was expecting that situation from thai lady and not philippino!!!!

They're not all bad.. my ex is just a woman scorned. She desperately wanted to marry me even though I was a full on monger still doing regular trips to Angeles at the time. I agreed to marry her, but told her I wasn't going to change. Not long after she started complaining about my trips to AC and she told me I had to stop since we were married. Our relationship declined from there.  

If you wanted to settle down, get married, have a couple kids and stop the mongering you won't find a more loving and supportive partner than a Filipina. For most of them being in love and getting married is the best thing that could ever happen in their lives.

I've had the same one Filipina girlfriend for almost 18 months now. She's now living with me here in Pattaya. She's really beautiful and only 19 years old. She's stuck by me through a lot of shit that's gone on in my life over the past year and I don't have to pay her anything. Just $50 to the family every 2-3 months. She lives for 2 things.. taking care of me and her facebook page. LOL  

I'm aged in my mid thirties. I doubt I could find a hot 19 year old Thai girlfriend here that would fuck me for free. Big difference between the two cultures. 

Edited by ASIA_SEXPAT

grahamt

The way the feminists in the UK seem to have the law on their side all the time, we are all at risk of something similar.

During my divorce I received a letter from my wife's solicitor accusing me of domestic violence.

On further reading, I was actually accused of verbal abuse, which is classed as domestic violence!

She had moved out, but came round one day and deliberately started an argument, shouting at me.

In an already tense situation, quite naturally I shouted back at her.   Fair enough?

It was a set up. She then went to our doctor (on the advice of her solicitor) and complained to her about my 'abuse'.

The doctor wrote a letter confirming that I had abused her.

I wrote to the doctor asking WTF she was talking about, as she had never even met me, and had not witnessed any such abuse. I threatened to report her for making a false statement.

She then sent a second letter to the solicitor, copy to me, confirming merely that my wife had told her she had been verbally abused by me.

I then received a letter from the practice saying I was no longer their patient . . . .

At this stage the divorce itself had already been finalised, but we were still fighting over money.

That's what it was all about.   Money.

When she went away on holiday and my son stayed with me, I borrowed his key first thing Saturday morning and had a copy made.

When he went to school on the Monday, I let myself into her house and found letters from her solicitor encouraging her to do this.

What a bitch!  And she was/is a member of the Family Law Panel.

By this time I had already sacked my pathetic solicitor.  If only he had looked out for my interests with the same sort of enthusiasm.

The more laws they make to protect abused wives, the more wives that will abuse the law for their own benefit. And it's getting worse.

Edited by grahamt

Daryle

Why back down... Have you not got more resources than her? The end game is all about money and you can have the last laugh, if you fight these charges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navychief(SS)

Glad you escaped safely its sad about your son. Good luck

wrassell

Why back down... Have you not got more resources than her? The end game is all about money and you can have the last laugh, if you fight these charges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would it be worth the time and the expense. me I would just pick up the pieces and move on, life is too short. :)

layow

seems like you got run out of town pretty easily

considering you have a young child, many things there and many many years there.

If it were me

I would have informed her bf/financier about her mo,

stop her backing stop the action right from the get go.

Edited by layow

smileyj

Probably some other bitter woman installed the idea and told about to way to squeeze more money out. Lawyers...

Redfield10

I went to the Phils once. First night was robbed. It found it to be an utter shithole. I'll never return to that shithole.

BangkapiBoy

That is a terrible experience.  And luckily you got out of the country quick enough, in this case. 

seegars

Sorry to hear that. I thought I went thru some changes with my ex but nothing like this. Still, you must take a step back and regroup. Because of your child, you must fight back and not give up. It will be devastating to the child years from now when the story line has changed many times. Get custody and let that be your only focus. Good advice was earlier given to you about severing her access to funds. Apply the pressure now. Good luck.

khawmak

Unfortunately I am hearing more and more of these types of things happening. The Philippines is getting out of control. Drugs, robberies and murder have become the norm and all that cops and government officials care about are bribes.

Not the paradise it once was.

enterprise

Thanks for sharing.Women scorned can be dangerous, doesn't apply just to Philippine ladies

Police corruption is bad in the Philippine so you always need to be careful and have an exit strategy Your right never invest more than you can walk away from.

Your right again Overall Filipino girls are better girl friend/wife material than Thais

Shame you won't see your child, that was my only regret  leaving my  Filipino wife 

Jack Frost

Thanks for the info.

claghorn

to get a nice perspective on the phils one can read the harry the horse blog..its a shithole for sure..i have friends with businesses there and Filipina wives..all said the Filipinas  are super jealous and vindictive..im surprised she didn't poison or have you maimed...there are lots of under age scams(where you come out of the shower and theres a girls sitting on your bed.. simultaneously the cops open the door and there you are....  the cops and courts are always somewhere in the food chain....most guys just max out the credit cards and hit the next plane smoking.and never say a word to anyone...thankful theyre not going to  marked for a lifetime as a sex offender..i  haven't lost jackpoopie in the phils..

rasseru

Really glad i came to this forum, the amount of proper ground-level info of what can and does happen in LOS/PI has been a real eye-opener.

Especially as im travelling alone after splitting from my ex, these kind of threads can seriously save people from ending up in trouble.

Thats a pretty shit story mate, hope you are happier now in Pattaya :)

BenMarxx

Regarding having an alias and not giving out your real name, what are your (anyone) thoughts on just making up a quick fake driver's license from your home country?  I mean, just scan in your real one at a high resolution, change the name, birthday, etc, get it laminated, and put it in your wallet's section that has the clear plastic window.  You'll never actually take it out of your wallet when it comes to the girl in question, but you could show it to her briefly so she knows your name.  Or whatever name you care to provide.  I don't think she'd be able to spot a fake London license from a fake California license to a fake Melbourne license.  

In any case, the story is such a shame.  Back in the day on penpal sites, I had Filipina chicks trying to start up relationships all the time.  I've read a lot about them, and I can imagine they make excellent wives.  

As I'm definitely not looking for wife #4 (ever), I think I'll stick with Pattaya and/or Thailand in general, since I'm just looking for a bit of comfort and an easy lay.