Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

China Garden

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

steak&co

We have decided to offer a range of 'Grass fed Australian Angus Beef' starting at just '645 Baht' and cease offering 'Daily Specials', our entry level steak are now on 'par or cheaper then other local steakhouses offerings'. We still offer the same great range of award winning Jack's Creek Black Angus & Wagyu steak but now offer a fantastic 'entry level steak' or those whom prefer grass fed, in addition we will have a 'weekly special' of secondary cuts such as flank, eye of rump, oyster blade and some fantastic deals on Australian Wagyu steak.  

Menu Front Page  -Weekly Special September 2018.jpg

Angus - September 2018.jpg

Edited by steak&co

speedtoy

Steak&Co:

Question...

Your cuts, do you tend towards a thicker cut to make weight, or a thinner wider cut on the plate?

Im a sucker for a nice seared medium rare..but on a thick(er) cut rather than a thinner one.

Ohyesuare

I tried the beef Wellington here for the first time ever so please excuse my ignorance. Is it supposed to come out of the pastry shell so easily? It was still tasty but I had imagined something different.

steak&co
On 13/09/2018 at 09:09, speedtoy said:

Steak&Co:

Question...

Your cuts, do you tend towards a thicker cut to make weight, or a thinner wider cut on the plate?

Im a sucker for a nice seared medium rare..but on a thick(er) cut rather than a thinner one.

We 'ballantine roll' (tightly rolled in cling film) chilled then sliced into steaks and place into vac pac bags and back into the chiller, this ensure during a busy service we can get the right weight and dont make errors. The steaks are rolled to ensure a thicker steak so as you rightly said the sear creates a crust but you still have the moist soft centre. For years I have been wanting a Josper Charcoal Oven, these bad boys go to 600F+, amazing for steaks.... my problem is not everyone likes that heavy char, the USA does tend to have much larger steaks, we do have 400g steaks and tomahawks from 1.0-1.8 kilo and are obviously much thicker then our regular rolled 250g offerings.  

https://www.josper.es/en/josper/about/ 

Edited by steak&co

Pheat
On 12/09/2018 at 13:27, steak&co said:

We have decided to offer a range of 'Grass fed Australian Angus Beef' starting at just '645 Baht' and cease offering 'Daily Specials', our entry level steak are now on 'par or cheaper then other local steakhouses offerings'. We still offer the same great range of award winning Jack's Creek Black Angus & Wagyu steak but now offer a fantastic 'entry level steak' or those whom prefer grass fed, in addition we will have a 'weekly special' of secondary cuts such as flank, eye of rump, oyster blade and some fantastic deals on Australian Wagyu steak.  

Menu Front Page  -Weekly Special September 2018.jpg

Angus - September 2018.jpg

I walked past both your restaurants this morning.

The special boards have disappeared?

steak&co
On 13/09/2018 at 10:46, Ohyesuare said:

I tried the beef Wellington here for the first time ever so please excuse my ignorance. Is it supposed to come out of the pastry shell so easily? It was still tasty but I had imagined something different.

In the Chef world Beef Wellington is termed as a 'Rich mans Pie' because pastry casing / pie crust and high quality meat. Ideally when you cut into the Beef Wellington you do it across the centre with a nice sharp knife halving it, because the mushroom duxcelle, pate and mustard all between the steak and the pastry is becomes moist and could kinda cause the fillet to become separated from the pastry if the halved when cut into initially... if that makes sense. We serve individual Beef Wellingtons rather then a whole fillet Beef Wellington served at parties etc or larger groups.  

2876.jpg

steak&co
8 minutes ago, Pheat said:

I walked past both your restaurants this morning.

The special boards have disappeared?

Yes we have changed direction introducing a new Angus ranges of steaks available 'every-day' at lower prices then our Black Angus and Wagyu offering making us more accessible, and Smokin' Joe's its just a shift away from the specials market which so far seems to be going OK although we may loss some custom.   

davidge

Over the years, the restaurants that have been most likely to get my custom are those where I know what I’m going get. Consistency is important. Consistent menu, consistent quality, consistent service, consistent prices.

I’ve only been to Steak & Co twice. About 18 months ago then again last month.

Menu had changed significantly. Much less on it now.

Starter excellent last time. I didn’t have a starter this time as there was nothing I wanted - only 1 soup??? :wacko:

Steak much better this time. Very good. Sides much worse this time. Outstanding last time, average this time.

Prices significantly higher this time. I tend to eat with one or more of my friends and they just won’t want to go at these prices. 

Service about the same. 

(On a side note, the restaurant was bloody freezing. I was glad to get outside to thaw out)

Really, no consistency at all between visits. Now you are announcing more changes. Honestly, I think you need to decide what your model is and stick to it for a while.

Edited by davidge

stacksreg123
11 minutes ago, davidge said:

Over the years, the restaurants that have been most likely to get my custom are those where I know what I’m going get. Consistency is important. Consistent menu, consistent quality, consistent service, consistent prices.

Have you tried the steak at the kitchen? Seems great value and they sure are consistent, being a franchise and all. 

Best value with eatigo. 

Edited by stacksreg123

steak&co

We are re-introducing our 'Early Bird Specials' for high season, this is to encourage patrons to come for lunch or an earlier dinner, our regular priced me is also available as usual. Available now :Party1:

External Sign Steak & Co 100x200cm -October 2018.jpg

SirL
2 hours ago, steak&co said:

We are re-introducing our 'Early Bird Specials' for high season, this is to encourage patrons to come for lunch or an earlier dinner, our regular priced me is also available as usual. Available now :Party1:

My thoughts on http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/326903-steak-in-pattaya/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-4550608 an hour ago.  Posts don't seem to be numbered any more(?)

CuppaTea
3 hours ago, steak&co said:

External Sign Steak & Co 100x200cm -October 2018.jpg

= "We realise we fucked up and were killing our own business so we hope to get some of it back"

Kreggerz
20 hours ago, CuppaTea said:

= "We realise we fucked up and were killing our own business so we hope to get some of it back"

How about some specials at Smokin' Joes too?

CuppaTea
3 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

How about some specials at Smokin' Joes too?

Man they've got a new Daily Special !

Ice Lemon Tea up from 70 baht to 120 baht and scrapped the daily specials on food.

Now that's real "Special'

I always thought that "Specials" should be for the customers, not the owners, so that shows what I know.

steak&co
Posted (edited)

Daily Specials has been replaced with a flat discount of 20% discount on 'all food & drink' before 18.00 pm at Steak & Co.

Steak & Co 20% off promotion A4.jpg

Edited by steak&co