Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

dontsaveher

How advantageous is it learn thai

santero

Learning thai language at least you know daily basic words to talk to local people

therealnapster

"Respect their culture" by being able to speak a few tourists phrases... Well I've read that before on the board. In my experience, some girls likes when I speak my very limited thai and act as if they are very impressed, especially if they don't speak any English. Other girls don't, and asks me to speak English and don't want me to speak any Thai. I think that is a tiny bit annoying, because I actually don't like to speak English (my oral English sucks), and it's not my language either. They perhaps think English is every farang's language. They don't give me a chance to practice Thai, and they implicit say to me "your Thai sucks, just give it up".

Girls like that you should pay back in even coin, after the deed tell em that boom boom was ok, but the smoking was not very good.... ;)

strangertnt

As someone rightly said you really don't need it in the tourist areas. Most will understand simple English and sign-language. But if you can speak to the natives in Thai they tend to respond more warmly.

just hanging

100% difference speaking Thai with a thai.   Same for every country in the world methinks

ChuckFinley

@piloter are you sure it's bi nii instead of 

ไปไหน: bpai-nǎi?  

ocka
On 24/08/2016 at 21:36, strangertnt said:

But if you can speak to the natives in Thai they tend to respond more warmly.

One lady was being apologetic about having small tits, and gave me a big happy smile when I said "lek dii gwaa"  (small is nicer/better)

Actually,  everyone I met seemed to be pleased when I tried to speak thai.  One of the girls even tried to teach me some Isaan, but I didn't manage to remember it.