Jump to content

Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Halibed

Beach Road is super barren these days

Recommended Posts

fforest
On 16/04/2019 at 23:37, Thaifix said:

As I have said before I actually think the BR clampdown is quite reasonable

50% of "tourists" to Pattaya are Thai and 90% of residents.

I dont think any of US would really like prostitution being so "open" on the streets back in our home towns even if we accepted the fact it makes up part of the makeup of the place. To be fair to the authorities moving things either zonally, or behind closed doors, is not unreasonable IMO.

When i lived in Bangkok there were hundreds of Thai only brothels, almost always masquerading as barber shops or coffee shops. The Thais all knew they were there, and what happened in them, but they were very much behind closed doors and that was always accepted.

I sure am glad your not mayor......The more hookers on the beach the better......Hookers are the economic engine of Pattaya.....With out hookers in Pattaya even the flag followers would get board.... 

Edited by fforest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
I sure am glad your not mayor......The more hookers on the beach the better......Hookers are the economic engine of Pattaya.....With out hookers in Pattaya even the flag followers would get board.... 

I doubt the Chinese come back. It's probably Walking St and Rubberland that gets them excited to come over, it's not the drinking that's for sure, luckily for Pattaya there are 1.4 billion of them, most on Koh Larn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cc7up

Is it time for a new Purpose built P4P 'Sin City' to be created on the Coast closer to 'Swampy' and leave Pattaya to the non-mongering tourists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Punter
19 hours ago, bsand said:

Creeps me out a bit tbh - some are far too young, some far too damaged and the old rumours that Coconut bar girls come free with added HIV is a passion killer. Coupled with you don't have the security of the bar/gogo/soapy to back  you up makes it not for me. It makes me sad to see the freak show parade and a group of noisy Indians clustering around a poor girl. That said seemed to have been cleaned up of Ladyboys when I was there in Jan/Feb/Mar.

My last time was August last year. Reading this post brings back to me how much of a worse experience mongering on Beach Road is with all the Indians. No disrespect or racism intended, as I know not all Indians are the same as many of those we see in Pattaya. But on Beach Road they walk around in groups often not caring who they are walking into and are just plain rude, and not just to the girls. I am expecting more of the same when I get back in July. 

I saw an article in one of the UK Sunday newspapers a few years ago going on about how many underage girls there are working on Beach Road. All I can say is that I haven't seen many at all. My complaint is that there are too many overaged grannies selling their wares. Ok maybe somebody's buying.

I do realise that my post could be seen as racist and ageist so I'll try and be a bit more positive next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bsand
1 minute ago, Punter said:

My last time was August last year. Reading this post brings back to me how much of a worse experience mongering on Beach Road is with all the Indians. No disrespect or racism intended, as I know not all Indians are the same as many of those we see in Pattaya. But on Beach Road they walk around in groups often not caring who they are walking into and are just plain rude, and not just to the girls. I am expecting more of the same when I get back in July. 

I saw an article in one of the UK Sunday newspapers a few years ago going on about how many underage girls there are working on Beach Road. All I can say is that I haven't seen many at all. My complaint is that there are too many overaged grannies selling their wares. Ok maybe somebody's buying.

I do realise that my post could be seen as racist and ageist so I'll try and be a bit more positive next time.

When a drunk group tries to get on a baht bus you can feel everyone freeze. Surly Russians who won't budge up are almost tolerable in comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bsand
4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I doubt the Chinese come back. It's probably Walking St and Rubberland that gets them excited to come over, it's not the drinking that's for sure, luckily for Pattaya there are 1.4 billion of them, most on Koh Larn

 

What is Rubberland I have walked past it many times on the way to Baan and Beyond. Incidentally on that strip just before B&B is a covered open bar and beer garden which advertises (in Thai) so my missus says 16 years old girls. I have never seen anyone in there - though we go to bed early ! Just answered my own question it is a rubber museum.

Edited by bsand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Punter
Just now, bsand said:

When a drunk group tries to get on a baht bus you can feel everyone freeze. Surly Russians who won't budge up are almost tolerable in comparison. 

I nearly said what total cunts the Russians could be. A lot less of them about these days fortunately.  Of course not all Russians are the same. But most of the ones in Pattaya were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bsand
1 minute ago, Punter said:

I nearly said what total cunts the Russians could be. A lot less of them about these days fortunately.  Of course not all Russians are the same. But most of the ones in Pattaya were.

Plenty still in Jomtiem very clannish and unsmiling a lot of them live in the 'prison condos' on Jomtiem 2nd Road and like to eat out in Romphoy market. And of course the Ambassador's Hotel is their huge redoubt. Was once the biggest hotel in the world with I think nearly 5k rooms. Have visited it out of interest and got scoped by a Russian prossie in reception whilst waiting for the missus to come out of the loo. She scuttled off when the wife appeared. Was well fit though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
What is Rubberland I have walked past it many times on the way to Baan and Beyond. Incidentally on that strip just before B&B is a covered open bar and beer garden which advertises (in Thai) so my missus says 16 years old girls. I have never seen anyone in there - though we go to bed early ! Just answered my own question it is a rubber museum.
Rubberland is very popular with Chinese, full of tour buses. They buy mattresses and things and take them back on the plane. I've never been but a Thai bird I met worked there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer8939
7 hours ago, Punter said:

I nearly said what total cunts the Russians could be. A lot less of them about these days fortunately.  Of course not all Russians are the same. But most of the ones in Pattaya were.

A few words in Russian, and they warm right up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
A few words in Russian, and they warm right up.
I like the Russians, ok they don't smile a lot but that's the way they are brought up. Always pleasant the ones I see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Punter
5 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

A few words in Russian, and they warm right up.

 

4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
5 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

 

I like the Russians, ok they don't smile a lot but that's the way they are brought up. Always pleasant the ones I see

That's good to hear. Admittedly I formed my opinion on what I saw and what others told me without trying a different approach myself.

Thinking about it now, I met a Russian woman who was working in Pattaya a few years ago. She was in a relationship with a Thai man in a bar. She was really nice and we talked for quite a while.

I shouldn't have used that word to describe Russians so thanks for your responses and making me think a bit deeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.