Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
Mooseman

Golf weather mid June?

Mooseman

I've played in Patts in Apr, early May and Sep but never this time of year. Looking at at the forecast there seems to be a fair bit of rain about. Hoping to get 4 rounds in during a week's stay. Any problems with this?

WetWilly

It depends on a lot of things.....

Mooseman

OK… Please elaborate WW. I assume you mean tee off time, rainfall is usually building during the day right?

Kanga

Its pot luck.....

This morning in Pattaya heavy rain around 8 -9am. golf course at 11.00am dry as a bone. Had rain yesterday but not today. Clouds threatened but never rained.

Only ever been completely rained off (as in stopped an already started round) 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years and I don't think any of those were in June. The last time was February I think - high season.

However have had occasions when have played through light showers or waited for a storm to pass from 15 minutes up to an hour.

Mid June (2 weeks time?) should be okay but coming out of El Nino weather you can never tell.........

The other point is it can be pissing down in one place and a couple of kilometres away will miss it completely.

bossofzip

It's the weather , 

good luck with predicting it.

Meteorologists get it wrong , even with all the science & equipment available.

Don't worry about what you have no control over.

Kanga summed it up pretty well.

Bellmac

I have just returned from Patts. Was there from May 10 to May 20. There were times it pissed down in Soi Diana, but by the time we got to the course, it was bone dry. After playing at Burapha, we had torrential rain as we sat in the bar. On our return to Patts, dry as a bone, so a lot of what happens is just pot luck.

I played in June 2015, had no rain at all, but my taxi driver told me that I had been very lucky.

Most of the courses are very dry at present, so they will deal with any rain quite well at first.

Lok Jit

Not busy as in Hi season..Recent Rains has gotten many courses nice and green..Caddys are Hurting for Players

eanto

Bloody hot I know that much. Oh and get an ugly caddie cos they've been there a long time and can read the greens to a tee

farcanal

Had 14 golf trips to Patts, mostly March and August.

On the rare occasions where it's rained we have just taken shelter in one of the refreshment stops and waited for it to pass. It's not as if we're in a competition where it's against the rules to shelter from the rain.

One trip was in May and it was certainly fuckin' hot.

Also we've experienced dry conditions more so in March than August.....I can remember the massive lakes either side of the 1st at Pattana being almost completely empty.

Mooseman

Thanks very much for your replies. Long and short of it, I'm only popping over for a quick trip last minute and was wondering whether to bring the clubs or just focus on enjoying myself. I'll definitely bring the clubs now, I need to a reason get up in the mornings and escape from the bars or I find myself totally kicking the arse out of it and feeling completely wrecked after a week! 

Personally Eanto, I try and get a caddy who speaks english, is young and pretty, with a bit of energy and a sense of fun. Makes the golf a lot more enjoyable. you quickly find out if they can read the greens after the first hole or two and can then decide on whether or not to listen to the advice. I've had a few rounds where I've managed to end up with a miserable old girl, who couldn't speak english and you end up waiting for them to catch up all the time or pass your club etc. I don't need that sort of frustration on the course, my game gives me plenty of that already!