Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

devee8

Name and Shame - No Shows

devee8

Hi Folks mainly aimed at the business owners. Should we have a Topic such as this where all business owners can list email, Name and other details about people who book but don't show ? 

Scumbag

I don't think that would be a smart thing for a business to do. I realise that it is annoying when people book and then don't show up but I think making that public is likely to scare good costumers away.

SteveX08

No need to make contact details public, but why not let other business owners know of less that reliable customers.   No shows are a factor in businesses asking for non refundable deposits.

Plans change, but its simply good manners to call or send an email if you are not going to show up.  

Edited by SteveX08

Pattaya_Brian

You can have my answer on December 15th. 

Soi7

I don't think that would be a smart thing for a business to do. I realise that it is annoying when people book and then don't show up but I think making that public is likely to scare good costumers away.

I kinda agree but if they were good customers they would make a point to cancel and not just not show up

devee8

The annoyance is it deprives other customers who request a room to be knocked back as the NO Show took a room they could of had.

Scumbag

I kinda agree but if they were good customers they would make a point to cancel and not just not show up

I understand what you are saying but if I wasn't going to show up for a booking I would do everything I could to inform the hotel of the fact. However, if I knew that a hotel had a policy such as this I wouldn't book in the first place as you never know what might happen.

Soi7

I understand shit does happen sometimes

Sent from my LG G4

eanto

In these days of modern communications it's inexcusable not to inform if your circumstances change in any way. Unless you die suddenly and then you may have bigger issues to worry about.

I'm no business owner but I'm guessing even a couple of weeks notice prior to your planned arrival would make a difference and especially in the busier months.

Edited by eanto

jerry

You know it happens in this business , just calculate it in . 

devee8

You know it happens in this business , just calculate it in . 

Can you explain what you mean by "calculate it in "

Syco

Some people are scumbags and have no manners , why don't you take a credit card deposit with a booking , that's non refundable if they don't to show up .

eanto

The 'people' who do this kind of thing probably have a history of such activity in other establishments. Makes sense for businesses to pool together and then they can always sleep on the beach with minimal notice

Nando9999

Probably means charge x% more per night to cover y lost bookings per year due to no shows.

How youd work that out I dont know, and youd be punishing the wrong people by doing so.

Deposit which if not canceled x days before arrival is non refundable would be the safe bet.

Edited by Nando9999

jerry

How many % doesn't show up in a year , how much money you're losing out on ? 

Up your prices with this percentage . 

Or do like many (big) hotel owners do , overbook by this percentage (probably not

a good idea for a smaller guesthouse) . 

MrLek

Tough when it happens for a small guesthouse. If they only have 6 or 8 rooms and get a no show for a two week booking it can be very damaging to a small business. I think requesting a deposit when booking is fair enough. I am surprised when hotels or guesthouses don't request a deposit. 

Hallmark

I asked this question a couple of years ago on here, not sure if it was a thread or a PM ? This was after it had been confirmed a BM on here had been a no show after booking a PCX and claiming he didn't know how to use Paypal to pay his deposit or that when we'd arranged a time to meet he was supposed to be there at that time, best thing was he tried to book another bike later in the year with another email address but with his original name in it !

The answer I had regarding the question from higher up was that it couldn't be done and the business owners should spread the information around via PM. I seem to remember it was the OP here who'd had a no show that time as well ?.

PepeLePew

As Hallmark says and for various reasons we prefer to stay away from 'name and shame' type threads. Too many issues involved. Of course you get your serial no shows but also those who by no fault of their own encounter circumstances that prevent them from honouring something and making contact. Nothing to stop you guys from starting a group pm to let each other know when it happens though.