Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
QuotaMan

Mark Weins

QuotaMan

His name is familiar with some Youtube viewers here I'm sure, but one of my favorite vloggers is Mark Weins.

If people see want to see a professional vlogger that is an expert at his craft, producing high quality videos that really capture the interest of viewers, I highly recommend Mark's videos. Not only does he make the food look good, but he's great at capturing the vibrancy of the cities he visits, and his reactions when having a foodgasm is priceless.

Mark is a food blogger/vlogger, who goes around the world documenting local eats. His wife is from Thailand, so he does film there from time to time. 

His latest video:

sadisfied

I enjoy his videos but his foodcum face gets repetitive quickly, so I don't subscribe to his channel or watch all his stuff. I just look him up if I'm travelling somewhere new (e.g. Osaka recently)

I first came across his videos when I was looking for some restaurants in Bangkok. Went down to this one below and been going there on every Bangkok trip since.

QuotaMan

I enjoy his videos but his foodcum face gets repetitive quickly, so I don't subscribe to his channel or watch all his stuff. I just look him up if I'm travelling somewhere new (e.g. Osaka recently)

I first came across his videos when I was looking for some restaurants in Bangkok. Went down to this one below and been going there on every Bangkok trip since.

Yes some people find his food reactions annoying, but I find it hilarious.

user305

I don't mind his facial reactions but I don't understand the point of reviews that can only range from good to amazing. I've never once seen him indicate something was truly bad. I've visited hundreds of restaurants over the years and around half of them were somewhere between poor and terrible. Mark doesn't seem to have any method for expressing disappointment. I guess nobody can ever claim he's a sellout if he was never willing criticize anything in the first place.

QuotaMan

I don't mind his facial reactions but I don't understand the point of reviews that can only range from good to amazing. I've never once seen him indicate something was truly bad. I've visited hundreds of restaurants over the years and around half of them were somewhere between poor and terrible. Mark doesn't seem to have any method for expressing disappointment. I guess nobody can ever claim he's a sellout if he was never willing criticize anything in the first place.

That's true but I can only guess that he tends to highlight only the restaurants that he felt was good. This way viewers know which ones to specifically go to. It's also part of his routine because he likes to show those facial expressions.

There was one time though where he wasn't thrilled 100% with his meal:

Khiimao

I've watched Mark Wiens videos since he first started. Thanks to him I have had some memorable meals at Thai restaurants he recommended.

What I like about him is that he isn't scared to try some of the more "hardcore" Thai food that is on offer.

redroverau

I agree Khiimao, he really pushes from the safe and common foods to the foods expats rarely try and I think that is also a bit of the experience of places like Thailand as a whole.

The food scene is just amazing

SJM2017

I subscribe to his youtube channel an enjoy watching his videos, but ....

I did make a big effort to visit one of the restaurants he recommended in Bangkok once "my favourite southern Thai restaurant in Bangkok"

Had exactly the same dishes he ordered as i showed the Thai owner the video.

Food was really average at best and i'm being kind.

I had the same dishes once again at an expensive southern Thai restaurant in Thonglor, and they were all fantastic.

So, i am sceptical about his recommendations.  

Zak Ozbourne

I dont know what but i just cant enjoy his videos, I think its his foodcum face

dan2016

I haven't seen a grown man get so Giddy for the for the smallest thing like he does on his videos, Its like a little girl eating her first piece of birthday cake.