Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

onlyonetwo

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

b0b
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:54, jimboh said:

Went to Welcome Inn on Soi Khao Noi last Friday for my weekly F & C. Had the haddock and chips, was 280B and glad to report, all good. They also do cod and chips at 260B, which I will try soon.

Have to say, while I do like to try different places, I always end up back at Retox game on, it has by far, the best F & C in Pattaya.

Does Welcome Inn serve fish (haddock/cod) and chips everyday or only on Fridays?

jimboh

Everyday

b0b
1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Everyday

Thanks, mate.

Have to try it.

midge
On 30/08/2017 at 11:14, onlyonetwo said:

I find The Jolly Friar (in Soi Lengkee) does great fish and chips at a very reasonable price. About 100 meters up Soi Lengkee (from Soi Buakhow end) on the left. Enjoy!

post-809-0-22543000-1485344182.jpg

Can full agree just the best in town.Eat there last dec. and feb this year and each time Perfect.

midge
On 30/08/2017 at 18:59, Edge said:

Yes it's a long way to bring Atlantic Cod 555

Edit - Of course the best F&C in Scotland is more likely (or used to be) Haddock, but I haven't seen that here since Goose's folded.

If you can eat the mushy tasteless farmed Pangassius catfish from the Mekong delta most of them sell as Dory or 'Fish' then of course it's much cheaper than 200 Baht.

If you eat this f.....g pangasius you don't need a pharmacy anymore. 555.Cheers.

Kreggerz
Posted (edited)
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:09, Taa_Saparot said:

I prefer Nickys on Soi Buakhao for their Haddock & Chips which is 225 baht on Fridays.

I tried this for the first time tonight.

First of all the haddock fish was excellent. Nice texture and fried beautifully.

Unfortunately they didn't tell me they had run out of tartare sauce. If I had known I wouldn't have order fish and chips.

It's normally served with garden peas and bread and butter. I asked for mushy peas instead and I don't eat bread and butter so that's neither here nor there. The mushy peas were for me truly awful. Room temperature and quite sugary with a weird texture. I even asked if they were out of a can and was told no. Yes I like mushy peas. Not those mushy peas. But to be fair the normal set comes with garden peas which are hard to mess up.

The chips were neither chunky chips (Americans call steak fries) or French fries. They were like smaller fried potato triangular chunks. Also too greasy. But OK I guess.

Overall not having the tartare sauce degraded the meal so you might want to ask if they have it if you need it as I do before ordering. 

But the fish really was good.

Edited by Kreggerz

Taa_Saparot
3 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I tried this for the first time tonight.

First of all the haddock fish was excellent. Nice texture and fried beautifully.

But the fish really was good.

:)

splitpin
On 31/03/2019 at 07:51, nzwolfgang said:

Tried at Robin Hood but was disappointed with it. 

I like Robin Hood as a a bar to chill out in, Stella at B180 on their happy hour is brilliant, plenty sports on TV,  the waitresses are nice, the menu "looks" fantastic, but usually served on cold plate and poor quaility overall, gave up eating there

Taa_Saparot
5 hours ago, splitpin said:

I like Robin Hood as a a bar to chill out in, Stella at B180 on their happy hour is brilliant, plenty sports on TV,  the waitresses are nice, the menu "looks" fantastic, but usually served on cold plate and poor quaility overall, gave up eating there

Horrible food, served by a bunch of Clowns, never going back.

bullseye

Retox Game on soi Honey.

bar stool
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:54, jimboh said:

Went to Welcome Inn on Soi Khao Noi last Friday for my weekly F & C. Had the haddock and chips, was 280B and glad to report, all good. They also do cod and chips at 260B, which I will try soon.

Have to say, while I do like to try different places, I always end up back at Retox game on, it has by far, the best F & C in Pattaya.

Just a detail: cod 265 baht, haddock 285 baht.

Taa_Saparot

It's Friday .....

2075917074_FC-002.thumb.jpg.3fe848240b06b442722f507cc385f95d.jpg

Tigers2017
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

It's Friday .....

2075917074_FC-002.thumb.jpg.3fe848240b06b442722f507cc385f95d.jpg

No it's Priday. 555

Edited by Tigers2017

googlechap

Pattaya Beer Garden - I guess it was 165. Pretty decent fare.b58b09c0c97c548f8f0483f15c3e15b2.jpg

midge
53 minutes ago, googlechap said:

Pattaya Beer Garden - I guess it was 165. Pretty decent fare.b58b09c0c97c548f8f0483f15c3e15b2.jpg

Good joke bat a bit old for sure.Cheers.

Taa_Saparot
5 hours ago, googlechap said:

Pattaya Beer Garden - I guess it was 165. Pretty decent fare.

Well, at least they have changed their chips since the last time I ate there.

They used to coat them in some shit, in an attempt to make them crispy, and they were awful.

Tigers2017
2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Well, at least they have changed their chips since the last time I ate there.

They used to coat them in some shit, in an attempt to make them crispy, and they were awful.

I prefer my fish battered like in the fish and chiff photograph posted by you yesterday at 10am. I don't particularly like the batter whether crumbed or panco style like in the photograph from Pattaya Beer Garden to be honest. The old fashioned beer batter is my ultimate favourite batter.

Taa_Saparot
55 minutes ago, Tigers2017 said:

I prefer my fish battered like in the fish and chiff photograph posted by you yesterday at 10am. I don't particularly like the batter whether crumbed or panco style like in the photograph from Pattaya Beer Garden to be honest. The old fashioned beer batter is my ultimate favourite batter.

Yes, pretty much agreed.

But I would rather have good bread crumbed (like Jolly Friar) than bad soggy batter (like Robin Hood)