Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

LaaMok

A rare and one off post - want to manage a bar?

LaaMok

We and other bar owners are constantly seeking good managers to run bars and various other places.

I literally get asked all the time. Its not just us that need managers its many other bar owners.

I have never advertised online because i get bombarded with many messages off people that arent even in Thailand, even if I ask them not to apply from outside.

We are looking for people that are happy, good with people, naturally socialable, hard working, love Soi 6, loves Pattaya, loves mongering and people preferably smarter than me!

The hard bit is long hours and staying in the same place.  The best bit is living in Pattaya and shagging lots of girls after work (and no they are not provided haha)

Please read this and follow instructions to apply. (in person) http://bryanflowerspattaya.com/2017/03/12/how-to-get-a-job-with-night-wish-group/

If you are not suited, please don't take it personally but we need a specific type of person, someone with a character but still wants to work.

Our best managers are addicted to pussy and that drives them to make there bars better. (more girls)

Please do not leave negative/bitter comments, this job isn't for everyone but I guarantee, it will be the better few years of there lives.  

The job suits 20-40 year olds, ideally between 30-40. But that's not a rule.

All training will be provided and all our support/staff will be around, or you really need to do is oversee cashier/girls and entertain people.  Ok its not as easy as it sounds, but its not technical, its all psychology.

Any bad drunks (violent or abusive) will not last very long.

If you didnt read it yet, please look here http://bryanflowerspattaya.com/2017/03/12/how-to-get-a-job-with-night-wish-group/

We have vacancies all year around and our friends need 4 managers collectively, so there are more opportunities.

We can also accept guys part time who live here and want to do some cover for some fun.

While I am here, here is Thailands biggest bitcoin exchange,  I am making money "gambling" on it

bx1_en.gif

Soi7

Sounds lke something i could do :P

Pattaya_Brian

Is there a 401K?

TheMarlon

I hope this won't be considered a negative comment, just an honest inquiry:

is there any common reason why many managers quit during last few months (Andre, Graham, Gaz, Kevin,....)? 

Ludhamlad

Haha....love the line 'our best managers are addicted to pussy'  :D

whitespider
5 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Says you have to love pussy Larry :Whistle:

Xylanic

Anyone who wants to know if they have what it takes and read the message above, quite seriously, can come in and chit chat with me at Sexy as well.

misteregg

“Shagging lots of girls after work” Nobody told me about this bit.

adammike
3 hours ago, TheMarlon said:

is there any common reason why many managers quit during last few months (Andre, Graham, Gaz, Kevin,....)? 

They get brought out,

LaaMok
3 hours ago, misteregg said:

“Shagging lots of girls after work” Nobody told me about this bit.

Your missing out haha, I do my market research in the daytime

2 hours ago, adammike said:

They get brought out,

lol

4 hours ago, Xylanic said:

Anyone who wants to know if they have what it takes and read the message above, quite seriously, can come in and chit chat with me at Sexy as well.

Thats a very kind offer

5 hours ago, Ludhamlad said:

Haha....love the line 'our best managers are addicted to pussy'  :D

There is no force that drives a man to work harder than that!

5 hours ago, TheMarlon said:

There are lots of personal reasons involved. Its there business but it has nothing to do with our business, so I wont comment.

5 hours ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Is there a 401K?

Haha, no

5 hours ago, Soi7 said:

You do a very good job!

LaaMok

7 managers needed in total now.

SirL

Ouch.  AIUI you have 14 bars, of which 4 aren't intended to have managers (JC, CS, Mods, Offshore), so if you need 7 managers that means you only have 3 now, of whom one sounds very new (Jordan at Nature).  I hope you sort out something that works soon, high season is coming and I'm sure almost everyone reading this really does want your bars to be a success.  Best of luck.

Corrections on numbers welcome.

Edited by SirL

Soi7

high season is coming

Its been here for 3 weeks

whitespider
7 hours ago, SirL said:

Ouch.  AIUI you have 14 bars, of which 4 aren't intended to have managers (JC, CS, Mods, Offshore), so if you need 7 managers that means you only have 3 now, of whom one sounds very new (Jordan at Nature).  I hope you sort out something that works soon, high season is coming and I'm sure almost everyone reading this really does want your bars to be a success.  Best of luck.

I think you could refer back to Bryans original point that its not just NW bars looking for managers :)

SirL
1 hour ago, whitespider said:

I think you could refer back to Bryans original point that its not just NW bars looking for managers :)

Ah, OK, I didn't believe things could be so disrupted.  Sorry.

just hanging
19 hours ago, Soi7 said:

yeah, you could use some good training :)

LaaMok
10 hours ago, SirL said:

Jclub or Club Sin we want to either sell, or get a really good female manager,  or we can do a deal with someone that wants to start out.  We can offer training,  none of us go down there, it needs daily attention and we are all on Soi 6. They are ideal for the first time buyers as they are all beautiful, complete, set up, fully staffed and we would offer training and support.

Thai1onjohn

Sounds like a job for me one day,My 21st trip to Pattaya is in Jan,married to my Thai wife for 14 years,Speak good thai,House on the Darkside,Love Thailand and Pattaya,Bar experience,good customer skills,social drinker no drugs and non smoking,best wishes and good luck in the future with all your projects.....

just hanging

where do I sign up, I want to manage a bar filled with young cute girls....I can do this for free if nessessary

CyberPro
25 minutes ago, just hanging said:

where do I sign up, I want to manage a bar filled with young cute girls....I can do this for free if nessessary

Just what I was thinking. :rolleyes:

andrew19
1 hour ago, just hanging said:

You're not allowed to bang the girls in your bar. 

Not that it doesn't happen... 

Edge

Couple of budding applicants apparently missed the age requirement............

..............by a few decades.   :Whistle:

Just Saying

Edited by Edge

JKam

Interesting. 

I really can't drink every day so not for me lol

Also I'm a socially awkward retard at times 555

Love_to_eat_Thai

As much as the idea appeals to the "fuck it, I'm done working in an office" crowd, if you've actually spent any time watching the good bar managers you'll realise just how easy you actually have it back home in farangland.

I'm lucky enough to work in a very male-dominated industry, the women I deal with fall into a very few categories:

• marking time until a major life event (marriage, retirement, divorce, liposuction)
  • graduates that are not yet disillusioned with the whole industry but too self-centred to be of any use to anyone
  • fugly lesbian cows that will cut off your balls if you let your guard down for half a second
  • career minded self entitled cunts that hate men because they are outnumbered in the industry and are willing to pick a fight with any man because the'll just complain to management
  • cock tease princesses that work in sales, contribute very little and earn more money in a day than I'll see in a very long time

and luckily there aren't many of them anyway (less than 5% of the workforce), I'm sure many of you are privileged enough to have a greater percentage of the same in your chosen industry.

Now put yourself in the middle of managing a bunch of girls that display the best (worst) of all those things and more and are dealing with the expectations of family, boyfriends, sponsors, customers as well as the monthly hormones and general bitch attitude that they can develop amongst each other and then add in ugly drunk farangs and the lads that want to have it all without spending any money... actually my office job is looking pretty good right now.  

Xylanic

Myself and Laamok have written about this on Facebook before but I wanted to take some time and make a post here.  I have been running a bar for three years now and feel I am a pretty good source on how to get a job here and how to win friends and influence people. I also know, without a shadow of a doubt, what does NOT work. For those of you who want to live here full time and have read my previous post in this blog on the life of a bar manager so that you truly understand what you are getting into, here is what you don't do first:

-DO NOT constantly walk into bars cold turkey and bother the foreign manager or owner asking for work opportunity. This is a town that relies on word of mouth, reputation and rarely (Although it has happened) advertises openly for foreign bar managers or employees.  Some well known bar managers did get their start responding to classified ads but the majority came up because they started as customers or regulars of establishments, became well known and trusted by the local foreigners in the bar business as it is a VERY small group and were pointed in the right direction. Guys that nobody knows who tie up the managers time pestering and asking for a job get a negative reputation very quickly.

-If you get a no, do not continue to ask, pester, bother, email, complain, sit in the bar for hours on a coke and constantly try to sell how incredible, awesome, wonderful, etc you are.  A no is a no and continuing to annoy bar managers about it does not serve to your benefit. A better tactic is to thank them for their time, don't talk about it and get to know them as a regular. Build trust. It takes time. If they learn to trust and like you opportunity will come your way.   

-Your resume doesn't matter here. People don't care about your business degrees, your references a million miles away, your twenty years of managing a bar in the UK, etc.  This is a very different business and your reputation and trust is more important then a giant resume or CV.

-Do not be on your first trip to Thailand. We have had several guys try to work with us recently on their first ever trip. You need to have a base knowledge of Pattaya and the scene to be able to host properly and take care of customers. 

-You need to actually be here, usually for an extended period of time, to get a job. Do not mail us or contact us from halfway across the world begging for a job.  Many people who came to work with us and other bars were laid off and on extended, long holidays on savings.

-Don't be desperate. We can smell it a mile away. Yes, I symphathize with being broke, problems with the wife, kids, sickness, etc, etc. But to be quite frank it's not our problem and businesses are not a charity. Most people who start in this business were curious about trying it, curious about a way to stay here long term but not in a very desperate situation and frantically looking for work. Sort that stuff out first, get to a good place then explore opportunity.

-DO NOT HAVE LEGAL OR CRIMINAL ISSUES IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY.  We at the NW group run background checks but most bars do not.  We have recently had a lot of people looking for work who were quite honest that they could not go back home for pending criminal cases, albeit mostly minor stuff but enough for a jail sentence. Business owners here do not want to get involved with that and someone on the run, see above, is also desperate.

DO:

-Be a natural extrovert. You will host and talk for ten to twelve hours at a time. You must be an agreeable, friendly person and naturally happy to talk all day. Most people are not natural extroverts.  You must be able to speak to people from all around the world of varying personality types, drunkenness, disposition, etc. Be able to listen as much as you talk. Be able to discuss multiple subjects. Do not be boring.

-Be a positive person. Constantly negative and critical people don't do well as bar managers.  Complaining about Thailand, the women, the country, etc. doesn't work.

-Build a network of local bar managers as a customer first (You don't need to be a spender) and drop subtle hints that what they do interests you and you would be interested in being here long time if an opportunity ever came up. Get to know people and get them to know you are a solid person.

-Although not every bar manager drinks many customers expect and even demand it.  That being said be able to drink as a general rule and show that you function well drunk. If you are an angry or touchy feely drunk you will not get a job.  If you are a non drinker you will need to show you are entertaining and fun (Like Larry at BD) sober all the time. Many people sober are introverted or not able to have fun.

-Be able to have a neutral opinion, at least publically. You cannot flip out and get angry if someone says something that offends you. You will meet a lot of people here that have opinions VERY different from yours.  People will make racist, biased comments all the time. People will constantly insult your home country, your people, etc.  I generally do not talk about politics or religion in my bar, even when pressed. It causes too many issues.  If someone tells you that they feel that women have no place in the workplace or that guns should be banned in America you just need to smile and say I can see where you're coming from, Or I understand your point without agreeing or disagreeing.

-Control your Facebook and your public reputation.  Like many jobs one of the first things we do is look at peoples Facebooks.  If you do not have one, you need to. I understand some don't for privacy but due to the rise of social media and how many businesses use it to promote, its critical to running a good bar or brand here. I have often looked at peoples Facebook and see posts of drug usage, scamming people, rants on things, etc. Those people don't get hired. We have even had someone try to work who when we looked at their FB posts had a lot of ISIS sympathy posts. 

-Be down to earth. Don't be a braggert. Don't try to impress us with how incredible you are, how many awards you have run, your feats of strength, how you could beat Scotti Pippin at basketball (One guy actually said this) or how many girls you have fucked. Be humble, friendly and down to earth.

-If you have a Thai girlfriend or wife, make it clear you are working, not her.  If you get a job you do not want her sitting there all day with you, trust us. It also makes it uncomfortable for others.  If you are a butterfly, control yourself. Do not cause a bunch of drama, not pay girls, always have a drama or feud. It causes problems.

This is just a basic primer but hopefully gives you guys an idea.