Jump to content
Dot work

Wanted: View Talay 2

Recommended Posts

davidge

That’s VT7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

Marked very roughly below.

BF362C20-F0E4-435D-B8FC-EB9F4C80A446.thumb.jpeg.3f2a2330d437e31d6131ecb7619f3491.jpeg

VT3 is by sea on Pratumnak. VT6 next to Central. VT8 much further down Jomtien Beach Road.

There are also ‘View Talay Residences’ scattered about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

Of those I named, 7 is most expensive followed by 5. Then 8 & 2, with 1 being cheapest.

Most single studio units are 48 sqm in 5, 7 & 8, 37 in 2 and 32 in 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaztop08
36 minutes ago, davidge said:

Of those I named, 7 is most expensive followed by 5. Then 8 & 2, with 1 being cheapest.

Most single studio units are 48 sqm in 5, 7 & 8, 37 in 2 and 32 in 1.

The “VT” name is that copyrighted to one company?.So do you know if the Vt buildings were all built by the same company with regards to build quality etc.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
7 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

The “VT” name is that copyrighted to one company?.So do you know if the Vt buildings were all built by the same company with regards to build quality etc.

Cheers

My understanding is that VT8 is a venture by one of the children so not an ‘official’ View Talay project. I don’t know about the Residences.

View Talay have a sales office on Thappraya in front of where VT2 is located. They deal with all other VT buildings.

You pretty much know what you’re getting with their buildings. Nothing fancy, a bit like mausoleums, not needing too much maintenance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas
On 7/11/2018 at 20:06, davidge said:

Marked very roughly below.

BF362C20-F0E4-435D-B8FC-EB9F4C80A446.thumb.jpeg.3f2a2330d437e31d6131ecb7619f3491.jpeg

VT3 is by sea on Pratumnak. VT6 next to Central. VT8 much further down Jomtien Beach Road.

There are also ‘View Talay Residences’ scattered about.

thanks for the information.

You are right, among the three buildings we like, VT 7 is most expensive, then the Jomtien Plaza Condotel and the least expensive Jomtien Complex.

Jomtien Complex should be ok though the view does have the VT7 and Jometien Plaza Condotel buildings obstruct a slight bit on each side, but not too bad.

In Jomtien Complex see a few one bedrooms around 90 sqm for between 20 to 24k a month, seems reasonable enough.  Also a couple of owners who dont want to deal with agents and say so.  Maybe they are the best ones to check out.

Thanks again.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
38 minutes ago, elbenvillas said:

thanks for the information.

You are right, among the three buildings we like, VT 7 is most expensive, then the Jomtien Plaza Condotel and the least expensive Jomtien Complex.

Jomtien Complex should be ok though the view does have the VT7 and Jometien Plaza Condotel buildings obstruct a slight bit on each side, but not too bad.

In Jomtien Complex see a few one bedrooms around 90 sqm for between 20 to 24k a month, seems reasonable enough.  Also a couple of owners who dont want to deal with agents and say so.  Maybe they are the best ones to check out.

Thanks again.

ez

VT7 has a better pool than Jomtien Complex but more kids in it.

If you’re in the tower further away from the road in Complex you can get noise from music in the gay bars behind, but not too bad.

Both buildings are in excellent locations.

I’m not keen on Plaza.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

Thanks again.

yes Complex is a better looking building, and if i can find a unit facing the water, perhaps the noise wouldnt be a factor, actually where i have lived in central pattaya, first at PKCP on 3rd road and now at 9 karat, noise is also loud sometimes but doesnt bother me at all.

Better prices at Complex too i think.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

All units in Complex face water.

The bathroom window opens onto corridor and is only ventilation. The corridor windows are usually open so noise comes in that way. Not too bad most of time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
17 hours ago, davidge said:

All units in Complex face water.

Well, they did when it was built. Nowadays nearly half of them just face VT7, much to the chagrin of anyone who bought in Jomtien Complex before VT7 was built. Of all the low tricks played in the Pattaya property market, the story of VT7 and the land it is built on is surely the lowest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

if you are standing on Jomtien beach road, with your back to the water and looking at VT7 and the two towers of Jomtien Complex, which one is Tower B for Jomtien Complex.  One on the right or one on the left.  I understand views from Tower B on the higher floors may be better the rooms in Jomtien Complex are more spacious.  Looking for a one bedroom or a two bedroom on the higher floors.

Thanks.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capt Hook

i stayed last yr in view talay 2 ...i think was B  on back corner and it overlooked the zoo and rifle/shooting range..and will drive you crazy when busy...get side that overlook pool not zoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

i was talking about Jomtien Complex, not VT 7

Are you talkiing about Jomtien Complex, Tower B.  Would it be on the right then if you are standing at beach road and looking at the two towers.

Didnt realize there was a zoo and a shooting range there, better look into it.

thanks for the heads up.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
20 minutes ago, Capt Hook said:

....zoo and rifle/shooting range....

There's a zoo and rifle range round there? Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong

Tower A is the building that is largely blocked by VT7. Tower B is the one that still has views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

Thanks Kitten Kong

Yes I think that may be the building on the right hand side looking from Jomtien beach road, closer to the road that you take from Thappraya road to get to beach road.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjtrader

Jomtien Complex towers: tower A is closest to Thappraya road and B is on the other side. Or as yo were describing it, when facing the buildings from the beach, then B is on the right and A is on the left. Noise is not a factor because all units face the water, not the gay clubs behind the buildings. Also, most units have thick glass partitions for the balcony and very little noise penetrates. VT7 does block the view on lower floors, so best to get a unit on floor 20 or higher - also better for avoiding the mosquitoes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

thanks for the good information. cj trader.

I will start looking now in the building, so far was just checking out the area.

Had planned on moving in Dec/Jan, but if i find the right unit, i will take it as the rent on the apt i have now is so very low that i can keep two apartments for a month or two.

cheers

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

Started looking for a condo in Jomtien.  Checked out Metro Jomtien, too far for me.

Looked at 3 units in Jomtien Plaza Condotel, but shabby and no cooking facilities just a hot plate.  How do they offer that in a two bed two bath 126 sqm condo.

Found a very acceptable corner unit in Jomtien Complex 18th floor, 126 sqm, nice furniture and talked with a very nice agent who said it belong to a friend in Bangkok.  Asking 32K.  We offered 25K and it was settled at 26K for a 2 year lease with a 1 month deposit.  At least we thought so.  Lease draft was prepared, and the day before we are to sign the lease we are told the landlady, an old landlady from bangkok insists on a 3 month security deposit which we will forfeit if we vacate prior to 2 years.  Back and forth, we offered 2 months deposit, but no go.

Apparently she has had bad experiences with tenants.  This unit was vacant for 6 months.

We decided to pass on it, and still looking for the right place for a couple of years in Jomtien.

But we liked the location and condition of Jomtien Complex.

ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
22 hours ago, elbenvillas said:

Asking 32K.  We offered 25K and it was settled at 26K for a 2 year lease with a 1 month deposit.  At least we thought so.  Lease draft was prepared, and the day before we are to sign the lease we are told the landlady, an old landlady from bangkok insists on a 3 month security deposit which we will forfeit if we vacate prior to 2 years.  Back and forth, we offered 2 months deposit, but no go.

Apparently she has had bad experiences with tenants.  This unit was vacant for 6 months.

It's quite common here for tenants to negotiate a low rent based on a long contract and then to disappear after a few months, forfeiting the deposit. Particularly common at this time of year, coming up to high season. There are crooks and cheats on all sides of the fence.

You could consider offering less per month with a one-month deposit and prepayment of the year's rent in advance. Worked for me.

Edited by KittenKong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elbenvillas

thanks.  good suggestion.

since she changed her mind so many times, we were not getting good vibes from her. she wanted to be able to come inspect the condo any time, we said at least 24 hour notice, however felt she visits pattaya often from bangkok so would show up each time.  She owns many properties here in pattaya and in bangkok, figure a rich thai person.  And personally would like to deal with an expat owner, so decided to pass.

now working with one nice lady agent, she is looking for us in Jomtien complex, also considering View Talay 8, our budget is open depending on the unit.  Saw an ad for a nice 19th floor front corner unit at view talay 8, 141 sqm with panoramic views, asking 40K.

thanks again ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KittenKong
11 hours ago, elbenvillas said:

Saw an ad for a nice 19th floor front corner unit at view talay 8, 141 sqm with panoramic views, asking 40K.

Be sure to visit the condo at night before deciding. There can be a lot of noise in that area from the "boom boom" trucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.