Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | P-A Halloween Party October 31 2018Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Post editing time   31/08/18

Hi folks, please note we have reduced the time you can edit a post to 30 minutes. The ability to edit a post is there for you to fix up things like typos and grammar before the Grammar Police descend on you or to clarify a point you where making that, on seeing it posted, you think could be worded better. Unfortunately, the length of the previous editing window has resulted in several posts being totally changed or deleted which can result in the resulting replies, and indeed the whole thread, being totally nonsensical (over and above the usual that is ) and shows disrespect to the BMs that participated in the discussion. If you wish to clarify a post you made after the window has elapsed, you can easily quote the relevant part of your post and do so. If it is a serious issue, as per current practice, report your post, giving a justification as to why the change is needed, and the mods will deal with it. Just because you made an arse of yourself in the post is not a valid justification. Remember, pause and think before posting re adherence to the rules, legality and the "Nice to be Nice" ethos.
    • Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
william77

Thai Airways BAN fat people!

Scuba+

I'd like airlines to weigh people on the way in, and pay excess baggage if need be

william77
21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd like airlines to weigh people on the way in, and pay excess baggage if need be

A walk of fat shame line with a cow scale! 

Alexxxxxx216

passengers with a girth wider than 56 inches (142.24 centimetres)

^^

What would that be in KG approximately for an average height person... I'm not exactly skinny, but I don't think I reach that...

sadisfied

So they should go to economy class instead?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

regyai

Badly reported (as usual) it refers to waist size 56" (the seat belt's maxima)

People get bigger / airlines shoehorn more seats into the planes,

you don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see the problem

Ru4Real
20 minutes ago, regyai said:

you don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see the problem

Obesity?

rope-a-dope

Finally! Hopefully it will mean more food for us svelte travelers :rolleyes:

greggras

Cannot wait for the MSN it pick this up and put some SJW type spin on it. It would be better to educate people that obese and overweight is unhealthy and will lower live expectancy despite what some fat feminist says.

Go With Me

They should make the planes bigger! There is plenty of room in the sky

Bonkabit

Solomon Islands airline, where Pacific islanders are often enormous, weigh their passengers and they are surcharged above a certain weight.

Given fuel is about one third of the cost of a flight, and it costs more to fly a heavier plane, then this policy makes sense. As well as being fair to passengers of healthy weight.

Oukiva
21 hours ago, william77 said:

http://www.traveller.com.au/thai-airways-ban-fat-passengers-and-young-parents-from-business-class-seats-on-their-new-boeing-dreamliner-7879-h0xpsg

..if pompoi too mutt can not go business class, seat too lek, no good. Farang need go fitness. 

You heard it here first. 

"You heard it here first"... Certainly not. It was discussed last week on other forums :wink:

BTW, since this "old news" there was another one: the "fat power" (:rolleyes:) warned it was illegal

and "said such policy is demeaning toward human dignity"

See:

Legal Crusader Warns Thai Airways Over Seating ‘Obese’ Passengers :

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2018/03/18/legal-crusader-warns-thai-airways-over-seating-obese-passengers/

Oukiva

:rolleyes:

andy666

very misleading title, read the article a few weeks ago.

The seatbelts are too short and if one can't close the pilot don't get permission for take off, it's not like they are targetting fatties. A few people would want that of course, unless they are smokers/tattooed/whatever they are anti.... I tell you, if they ban fatties, the gingers are next!

regyai
Posted (edited)

Well possibly not that they are too short, but somewhere along the approval process a myopic rubber-stamped the new safety kit without thought to the repercussions. Now Thai Airways have to suck it up and suffer the grief.

Anyhow > 56" waist should go as palletised freight surely

:Laugh1:

Edited by regyai

Oukiva
22 minutes ago, andy666 said:

The seatbelts are too short and if one can't close the pilot don't get permission for take off, it's not like they are targetting fatties. //

To be honest, "bell extenders"  (? I don't know the exact name) exist for as long as I can remember! They use it for serious obese people, but also to attach beds for babies by example. So at worse the problem could be not enough extenders... ??

regyai

Why dont you read the above...its to do with the new inbuilt airbag system and the consequent seatbelt size (and therefore the body contained by it) is limited by the system

andy666
To be honest, "bell extenders"  (? I don't know the exact name) exist for as long as I can remember! They use it for serious obese people, but also to attach beds for babies by example. So at worse the problem could be not enough extenders... ??

c0116d6ce717ff6108d530827c00a997.jpg

A pilot explained it on the news in exact the same way as I repeat it.

You are so eager to spread your wisdom that you miss the time to get wise, next time, read the article,

Oukiva
40 minutes ago, regyai said:

Why dont you read the above...its to do with the new inbuilt airbag system and the consequent seatbelt size (and therefore the body contained by it) is limited by the system

7 minutes ago, andy666 said:

A pilot explained it on the news in exact the same way as I repeat it.
You are so eager to spread your wisdom that you miss the time to get wise, next time, read the article,

"Cannot accommodate obese passengers", yes, same as many seats in Eco class, but where did you see that belt extenders can't be use on these new seats with airbag the same way they are used on Eco seats ?? The only change seems to be that one side of the lap belt is a bid thicker, because of the airbag, but the open/close system is still the same.

gmingot

^^ Obviously the seat and belt set-up is different in economy and biz

bbbz

Yes, cannot stand when a overly fatt fuckk extends his/her flabby five arms over the arm rest and into my personal space touching me with their heaving hairy arms expanding and contracting with every breath as an extension of the obese belly pressing against ones aforementioned appendages.

Buy two tickets ya selfish prik or body harness your fat into your own paid for space!

Sorry if your one of those "meal challenged" offenders...  Probably a medical condition. Pom khor toad. Rant over

blueforever25

I feel like we should charge overweight customers on planes more - they cost more money to the airline so why are healthy people subsidizing their ticket every time they get on the plane. And don't get me started when their flab starts to encroach on your space.

It is fine if you want to be fat, but don't pass the costs (public healthcare, airplanes, etc.) onto others.

Ping Pong

First time I flew to Thailand I was 2 kg over the weight limit. Heathrow wanted to charge me £35 per kilo. I just chucked some clothes out and a couple of books.

If 2kg is chargeable then how come the enormous guy who weighed approximately 50kg more than me didn't have to pay?

I just hoped I wasn't sat next to him..

On the plane he was 3 rows away and I was still sat next to him!

Ron Rat

Fat bastards are no different to the greedy gits who bring on more luggage than they should and take up my area before I get there.

Love_to_eat_Thai