Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Mizz Thai Pattaya Girls | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | P-A Halloween Party October 31 2018Add your Text or Event here

• Announcements

• Ru4Real

Post editing time   31/08/18

Hi folks, please note we have reduced the time you can edit a post to 30 minutes. The ability to edit a post is there for you to fix up things like typos and grammar before the Grammar Police descend on you or to clarify a point you where making that, on seeing it posted, you think could be worded better. Unfortunately, the length of the previous editing window has resulted in several posts being totally changed or deleted which can result in the resulting replies, and indeed the whole thread, being totally nonsensical (over and above the usual that is ) and shows disrespect to the BMs that participated in the discussion. If you wish to clarify a post you made after the window has elapsed, you can easily quote the relevant part of your post and do so. If it is a serious issue, as per current practice, report your post, giving a justification as to why the change is needed, and the mods will deal with it. Just because you made an arse of yourself in the post is not a valid justification. Remember, pause and think before posting re adherence to the rules, legality and the "Nice to be Nice" ethos.
    • Ru4Real

Nude or not nude, that is the question   01/05/18

An inordinate amount of the Moderators Teams time is spent on ensuring inappropriate images are removed from the forums where necessary as per Rule 29. On investigating why people have posted nude images in a non-advanced area, the vast majority of the feedback we've had has been "I didn't realise where I was".  Therefore, we have added a visual indicator to help you quickly identify whether you are posting in the advanced or the non-advanced area. If you are in an advanced area you will notice the page background is now a pale green - green for go.                               If you do not see the green background it is your responsibility to double check where you are on the site prior to posting any images/videos. This is doubly important for those using Tapatalk due to the fact we have no control over the Tapatalk theme (i.e. Tapatalk users will not see this visual indicator). Offenders will be sanctioned.
    • whitespider

Agoda Users - PLEASE READ   18/08/17

URGENT Attention Agoda Users - Agoda have reduced their cookie length from 90 days to just one day. If you use Agoda, and you would like the forum to receive the commission for your booking, please click any Any Agoda link here IMMEDIATELY prior to making your booking. If you click and then book the next day, without clicking a link again here, Agoda now simply keeps 100% of it. Many thanks to everyone who has supported us in the past - it is very much appreciated.  
william77

How often do you donate? Sad Story.

william77

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-makkys-family

This is a very sad story but how often do you Donate

I find myself wanting to Donate to organization helping dogs out but some new sites are just pure scams that exploit struggling dogs for fast cash. 

In conclusion I Donate very seldom. 

Queef_Sniffer

€182 in less than a day, not bad. If true, it's a terrible tragedy. God save us all from such a day. 

william77

I hope he reaches his target! Terrible.

Lhasa
Posted (edited)

Tragedy,  you don't wish this upon anyone. However, I would not support. 750€ for an entire year should be pocket money for a Dutch guy.

I hope he reaches his target, but at the same time, i'm way to skeptical to chip in. very sorry for his loss though.

Edited by Lhasa

Lhasa

It would seem that i was indeed to pessimistic and skeptical.

Total coincidence. I am signed up to this Dutch Thai expat community on Facebook. And the guy himself is now sharing his links on there aswell. Here he goes a little bit more in depth of why he is raising the money and why he is not able to pay for these relatively low amounts of money.

It would seem the guys intentions are genuine.

starfucks

I only Donate to reliable foundations, such as Father Ray Foundation.

Mr_Peace

Not donating anything now, and not going to Donate money in the future. 

Instead I'm planning to get my 3D-printer in that stage that with my daughter, we can start to make free 3D-printed prosthesis for the kids in need:

http://enablingthefuture.org/ 

william77
9 hours ago, Lhasa said:

It would seem that i was indeed to pessimistic and skeptical.

Total coincidence. I am signed up to this Dutch Thai Expat community on Facebook. And the guy himself is now sharing his links on there aswell. Here he goes a little bit more in depth of why he is raising the money and why he is not able to pay for these relatively low amounts of money.

It would seem the guys intentions are genuine.

I was sure the guy was genuine. No problem. It’s jus that if you can’t rake together €750 for your dead Thai Wife it’s time to leave LoS and get a job as a mailman or a bus driver and not rely on e-begging. I wish him the best. 

jimpty1964

I donated 50 Euro to this cause . Yes I was sceptical but found this was very genuine cause .my take on it was .But for the grace of God go I .Ian not a rich man but not poor ..this guy reached out to a community for some help with this terrible situation.I was shocked by some vile comments from some people. I don't judge people as to why they don't wish to Donate I respect there own thoughts. .over 100 likes on this page and 100 comments of sympathy this was nice to see majority have a heart and care somewhat . If every guy in that page donated the cost of a lady drink.his target would of been met .Ok guys it is hard to understand why somone cannot raise 750 Euro .But we don't know the reasons why .personally I would sell my arse if I was in that position to raise the cash .But I don't judge others .for me it's nice to try and do the right thing.everyone is entitled to have a opinion and no drama from me on that.But for the price of a coffee or a pint would really help this guy and thai family out .I don't know the guy .But wish him and makkys family all the best .

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

jimpty1964

Hope

I donated 50 Euro to this cause . Yes I was sceptical but found this was very genuine cause .my take on it was .But for the grace of God go I .Ian not a rich man but not poor ..this guy reached out to a community for some help with this terrible situation.I was shocked by some vile comments from some people. I don't judge people as to why they don't wish to Donate I respect there own thoughts. .over 100 likes on this page and 100 comments of sympathy this was nice to see majority have a heart and care somewhat . If every guy in that page donated the cost of a lady drink.his target would of been met .Ok guys it is hard to understand why somone cannot raise 750 Euro .But we don't know the reasons why .personally I would sell my arse if I was in that position to raise the cash .But I don't judge others .for me it's nice to try and do the right thing.everyone is entitled to have a opinion and no drama from me on that.But for the price of a coffee or a pint would really help this guy and thai family out .I don't know the guy .But wish him and makkys family all the best .

It would be nice if any of my fellow addicts could spare a few bht to help this tragic situation .I know charity begins at home but a cost of lady drink would go along away.I don't know the family or the op but I don't need to

william77
Posted (edited)

Pics of the wake today on FB! Feel bad for not donating. 

Edited by william77

jimpty1964

This is a sad case everyone has a choice and I respect that I was very sceptical of this case as there are many scams .I did my homework and is genuine Yes if it was me as I said in previous post I would sell my ass to pay . But the opp has just asked if anyone could help .we all need a helping hand sometimes in our lives for me it was the right thing to do personally

sabato
13 minutes ago, jimpty1964 said:

I respect that I was very sceptical of this case as there are many scams .

I would have been skeptical as well, he said he had been saving bit by bit since November. Surely this would mean he has a nest egg to fall back on? Sad to say I'm still a bit skeptical, not of the story (although she obviously made more than 2500bt/month), but whether the money will actually go where it's supposed to.

jimpty1964

This is the Guys first monies sent understand your concerns a626b9bea16039733b2b5768176e21c5.jpg

starfucks
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 03:01, william77 said:

I was sure the guy was genuine. No problem. It’s jus that if you can’t rake together €750 for your dead Thai Wife it’s time to leave LoS and get a job as a mailman or a bus driver and not rely on e-begging. I wish him the best. 

Being on welfare in Europe and planning to marry in Thailand?!

rope-a-dope

Oh that's sad, she looked a real sweetheart. Not sure I can Donate, and I have donated on multiple fundme, like the young woman who got murdered in london https://www.gofundme.com/juliesfuneralexpenses

generally I just go with instincts, although not questioning the veracity of the makky fundme...maybe i will stick a 20 down tomorrow, but it just seems a little futile, and this should be something the guy needs to deal with?

jimpty1964

I donated mate .because could see this is a genuine case .agree can't Donate to everything .the op who asked for some helps freely admits he's on his arse at the moment but will step up to his responsibility in due course

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Personally speaking I won't be donating. Fair play to those who will, but not for me. Regarding the guy making the 'go fund me' request, I wonder (a) why as an adult he has no savings at all (b) why he is living on welfare but can afford to holiday and plan to marry an impoverished lady from the other side of the world (c) why he has no family or friends who are prepared to assist. Instead, the guy seeks the assistance of strangers.

The last time I 'donated' was a couple of months ago. A buddy of mine and i were sat outside Jameson's Irish Bar having a drink and evening meal, when we saw an old lady pushing a cart on the other side of the road. Like most Thai people, she would never dream of begging, instead she was scavenging the bins for recyclables (plastic bottles etc) which she can sell for a few Baht. My mate and i went over and gave her 100THB each.

william77
2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

My mate and i went over and gave her 100THB each.

Jay dee mak mak! 

silverfox53

I won't to stuff like this.   However, I DO Donate to issues that are around me and my community - so I sponsor the local orphanage - both with an annual amount of cash for bill paying and for consumables like nappies, toys, clothing etc.   I also have my accountant do their books to ensure all is 100% kosher at no charge.    We are now in our 10th year and have made lots of tiny people's lives a little better.

Dont tell anyone tho ok - can't be doing with people thinking I have a heart :P

twilight1234

I recognize that I'm very fortunate compared others in the city so I Donate time and money to local charities. I try to find charities that are non-profit and have low percentages of overhead expenses. The tax benefits are also a good incentive. 

samlin

Sad story but I couldn't see myself donating to some random person on the internet, plenty of things to Donate too that have touched me personally in some way.

william77
On 15. mai 2018 at 04:08, silverfox53 said:

I won't to stuff like this.   However, I DO Donate to issues that are around me and my community - so I sponsor the local orphanage - both with an annual amount of cash for bill paying and for consumables like nappies, toys, clothing etc.   I also have my accountant do their books to ensure all is 100% kosher at no charge.    We are now in our 10th year and have made lots of tiny people's lives a little better.

Dont tell anyone tho ok - can't be doing with people thinking I have a heart :P

Mr Fox, honorable my friend! Jay dee mak mak tee sud nai log. 

StevieGreen

Don't gofundme take a % of all donations?

up2u2

For me donating to Charities of any kind or even unfortunate circumstance is a total waste of money. It makes you feel you are a 'good person' but that is about the only tangible benefit to the world around you.

I have recently stopped ALL of these kind of meaningless donations.

It is a personal view but I decided the most constructive impact I can be involved in is Social Change Activism. I searched for an organisation that was successful in actually making change and had the support in place to continue pushing for change and most importantly reflected my values.