Jump to content

Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Cable Guy

5 Day Retirement Visa Process

Recommended Posts

Cable Guy

Putting it here in case someone ever needs info,  was very fast ,
 
Just did my Thailand Retirement visa,  took 5 days by Thai Visa Agency,  they also provided the 800K deposit on rent in and out,  smooth,
 
 
 
[email protected] 

 

Presentation1.pdf

 

 

office.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

It would be helpful if you posted the cost - though, personally, I wouldn’t take the risk with an ‘under the table’ visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
34 minutes ago, davidge said:

It would be helpful if you posted the cost - though, personally, I wouldn’t take the risk with an ‘under the table’ visa.

What is the difference? How would anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oukiva

Can't understand why so many people use these buggy "Agency Visa". I am pretty sure one day will see a "Crackdown" on them, and many people may find themselves in an uncomfortable situation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
What is the difference? How would anyone know?
One day the people at immigration will get caught and then authorities may well trace the people who have been signed off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
14 minutes ago, Tarl said:

What is the difference? How would anyone know?

All they’d have to do is check your bank account history and see that the funds weren’t actually there for 2/3 months. Also, they could ‘catch’ the official involved and check the visas they’d issued.

I appreciate many people do this, and have done for years, but it’s not something I’d do - especially with the current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
9 minutes ago, davidge said:

All they’d have to do is check your bank account history and see that the funds weren’t actually there for 2/3 months. Also, they could ‘catch’ the official involved and check the visas they’d issued.

I appreciate many people do this, and have done for years, but it’s not something I’d do - especially with the current situation.

Must admit I thought on the initial one you could show the amount in your own country's bank account and transfer over to your thai bank acciunt within a stipulated time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
Just now, Tarl said:

Must admit I thought on the initial one you could show the amount in your own country's bank account and transfer over to your thai bank acciunt within a stipulated time.

 

Funds have to be in your Thai bank account for 2 months before initial application and 3 months before renewal.

Of course, you could go down ‘Proof of Income’ route instead - which seems to be easier with some Embassies than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
1 hour ago, Cable Guy said:

Putting it here in case someone ever needs info,  was very fast ,
 
Just did my Thailand Retirement visa,  took 5 days by Thai Visa Agency,  they also provided the 800K deposit on rent in and out,  smooth,
 
 
 
[email protected] 

 

Presentation1.pdf

 

 

office.jpg

and also illegal. using an agent to provide the funds is against Thai Immgation Law and if you are caught, you are not only out, you and banned for a number of years.  Good luck. Use an agent if you must, to help with the  paperwork and do some of the leg work, although expensive,  but having  them supply the funds required by law is, in my view and that of many others,  asking for trouble. In effect, you obtained your extension of stay (not a visa), by fraudulant means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

Can't understand why so many people use these buggy "Agency Visa". I am pretty sure one day will see a "Crackdown" on them, and many people may find themselves in an uncomfortable situation...

Couldn't agree more.  It's an easy enough process to do yourself and the agents are just a rip off, even the ligit ones, which this one clearly is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp

Just to add; 5 days??  I did mine myself and it took a total of two visits (one to apply, one to collect my passport) and the total time taken in Jomtien  Immigation was 15 minutes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kansuwan

Pal of mine, a US Navy vet in his 70s, got fed up with border-hopping and employed an agent to obtain a retirement visa and seed his bank account accordingly.  Visa granted.

Soon afterwards, the trouble began.   Quite separately, the Immigration Officer who'd signed off the visa was found to be on the take and a trawl through applications he'd approved was set in motion.  Pal summoned to Immigration HQ and asked to bring his banking records for the previous 18 months.   You can guess the rest....

DON'T DO IT! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
Must admit I thought on the initial one you could show the amount in your own country's bank account and transfer over to your thai bank acciunt within a stipulated time.
 
If you get the visa in your home country you can show the £ balance for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
12 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
1 hour ago, Tarl said:
Must admit I thought on the initial one you could show the amount in your own country's bank account and transfer over to your thai bank acciunt within a stipulated time.
 

If you get the visa in your home country you can show the £ balance for example

Yeah thought it was something like that. I personally can't see much of anything happening with agent related visas but who knows. Certainly if they check my bank account they will see my pension amounts coming in and they are enough anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cable Guy

Yes, it seems a lot issue,  having used this method 11 years and no glitches,, you can use your own money,  its totally your call,

if you are a criminal you will pop up on their precheck and it will NOT proceed I have been told, in all instances its just a chat board where one shares info, and its totally the user's decision,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
38 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

Pal of mine, a US Navy vet in his 70s, got fed up with border-hopping and employed an agent to obtain a retirement visa and seed his bank account accordingly.  Visa granted.

Soon afterwards, the trouble began.   Quite separately, the Immigration Officer who'd signed off the visa was found to be on the take and a trawl through applications he'd approved was set in motion.  Pal summoned to Immigration HQ and asked to bring his banking records for the previous 18 months.   You can guess the rest....

DON'T DO IT! 

It isn't something I would do but have always wondered about it when people say they aren't proper visas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:
2 hours ago, Tarl said:
Must admit I thought on the initial one you could show the amount in your own country's bank account and transfer over to your thai bank acciunt within a stipulated time.
 

If you get the visa in your home country you can show the £ balance for example

True, but this is not a visa application, it's a Extension of Stay, which is not a visa and you still need to show the funds or provide an income  letter from your Embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
True, but this is not a visa application, it's a Extension of Stay, which is not a visa and you still need to show the funds or provide an income  letter from your Embassy.

The Non Imm O-A which is what you require first can be obtained proving local equivalent 800,000 baht, so last time i looked was about £18k. This is what@Tarl was referring to 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usexpat46
3 hours ago, davidge said:

All they’d have to do is check your bank account history and see that the funds weren’t actually there for 2/3 months. Also, they could ‘catch’ the official involved and check the visas they’d issued..

This past August I went to Jomtien to renew my retirement extension for the 12th time.  I had over 800K in my Bangkok Bank account which had been with them since 2009.and had their letter to immigration.  While getting my letter at Bangkok Bank I noticed that my time deposit account had terminated a couple day earlier so I renewed for another year. However they gave me another passbook so immigration wouldn't process my renewal as my book only had that days date.  Had to return to my condo and get the old passbook to show them the dates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+



This past August I went to Jomtien to renew my retirement extension for the 12th time.  I had over 800K in my Bangkok Bank account which had been with them since 2009.and had their letter to immigration.  While getting my letter at Bangkok Bank I noticed that my time deposit account had terminated a couple day earlier so I renewed for another year. However they gave me another passbook so immigration wouldn't process my renewal as my book only had that days date.  Had to return to my condo and get the old passbook to show them the dates.
 

A friend of mine had the same issue but due to shortness of time had to go with plan B the 13k dodgy route

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JB300
21 hours ago, Tripp said:

True, but this is not a visa application, it's a Extension of Stay, which is not a visa and you still need to show the funds or provide an income  letter from your Embassy.

Depends on how you do it.

If you start off with a Tourist Visa (or even Visa Exempt) then the 1st step is to convert this to a Non-Imm O 90 day Single entry Visa (they say you need at least 15 days left on the Visa so I'm assuming the OP was him getting his in 5 days), for this you need 800K in the bank & prove it came from overseas or a letter from your embassy to say you earn > 65K income per month

Once you have the Non-Imm O, 30 days (45 in some places) before it expires you need the 800 K in the Bank for at least 2 months (doesn't matter whether it came from inside or outside of Thailand) or the 65K+ certificate of income  (Subsequent extensions the money needs to be in for 3 months)

Another alternative is to have 800K in the bank + a certificate of income from the British Consulate (costs £52 & you do it all by email) & go to somewhere like Penang where you can get the initial Non-Imm O 90 Day in a couple of days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolokalbo

Now here is a good one. :rolleyes:  Ask cable guy what country he was born in?  Now ask him how did he get a visa for Canada???:D  He is a popular guy in the PI too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludhamlad
14 minutes ago, lolokalbo said:

Now here is a good one. :rolleyes:  Ask cable guy what country he was born in?  Now ask him how did he get a visa for Canada???:D  He is a popular guy in the PI too.

Haha yes thought there was something not quite genuine about his opening post with the lack of detail provided.

He's an Expatriate Services Consultant....:Busted:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
1 minute ago, Ludhamlad said:

Haha yes thought there was something not quite genuine about his opening post with the lack of detail provided.

He's an Expatriate Services Consultant....:Busted:

He has history then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tripp
On 11/06/2018 at 14:23, Tarl said:

What is the difference? How would anyone know?

They bust the dodgy IOs who are taking back handers to ignore the illegality and then they trace the applications back.  It has happened a few times recently.  The visa owner has no defence and is deported swith a ban added. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.