Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
mufdi

Booking Flight for a 6 week stay (Visa on arrival)

mufdi

Hi Guys,

I know that I can stay longer than 30 days by extending my Visa during my stay for 1900THB. But am I allowed to enter the country with a return flight dated 6 weeks in the future?

Mufdi

Ru4Real

There's a small chance your airline won't let you board. Immigration in Thailand unlikely to care.

mufdi

Hm, okay. Thank you. Any workaround here? Maybe book Frankfurt-Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Frankfurt to avoid that problem?

Ru4Real
16 minutes ago, mufdi said:

Any workaround here?

Double check with the airline direct or get a visa before you go or do a quick visa run instead of extending 30 day exempt (e.g. book a cheap return to KL or wherever) so you can show the airline at Frankfurt if they ask (if refundable could always cancel and go the extension route).

Gaztop08
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, mufdi said:

Hm, okay. Thank you. Any workaround here? Maybe book Frankfurt-Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Frankfurt to avoid that problem?

What’s your home country for passport? Not every country has the same visa conditions.

Edited by Gaztop08

themelonman
On 7/11/2018 at 18:14, Ru4Real said:

book a cheap return to KL or wherever

The cheap flight out of the country doesn't even have to be return, the airline that's flying you in just needs to see that you'll be flying out again.

I was returning to Thailand from Vietnam with plans to get an extension, and then apply for an ED visa - with no solid plans to fly out again (ever, heh). The check-in counter needed to see proof of ongoing travel, so I just pulled up an internet site and booked the cheapest BKK->anywhere in a months time I could find. About $30 US IIRC. That satisfied them.
Thai immigration didn't even care when I got there.

I eventually extended that trips tourist visa waiver by 30d, and then did a border bounce to Malaysia by land to secure my ED visa a month after that.

The budget airline flight, I just forfeited.

I shopped around a bit, but I couldn't immediately find a ticket that I could cancel and get a reasonable refund that didn't end up costing me more than just the disposable budget ticket. eg, I could have got a 'refundable' flight for $USD 160, but they'd charge me $USD 40 cancellation fee.