Jackie2013

5 days in Ho Chi Minh City - Ideas?

Jackie2013

Hi, 

I'm looking to do a "Visa Run" for 5 days in HCMC/Saigon. Never done Vietnam before and I kinda enjoy 'Big City Life' so HCMC was the natural choice. 

Could you guys give me a hint of what area to stay (central) and a thing or two about where to p4p. 

Thanks! :)

xc1

While it was not the same as pattaya or even Bangkok I had a great 3 days in HCMC on my last trip. I stayed in the Ho Sen Hotel which itself was just decent but I have stayed worse.  It’s in district 1 a few doors away from Apocalypse now the freelancer club. I read hit and miss about the club but scored a knockout the first night I went and she hung around till the next afternoon so for me it was good.  Once the doormen at my hotel saw me with a girl  they had a steady stream of pictures on their phones willing to send my way. Those options were more business like short times but very convenient.  Walking around there were masssge shops offering extras scattered around  and there was a version of walking st or pub street I took a taxi to.  Grab taxi was incredibly cheap it seemed.  There were more backpacker types on the Walking Street  as well but still a good trip.  

kabal2018
Hi, 
I'm looking to do a "Visa Run" for 5 days in HCMC/Saigon. Never done Vietnam before and I kinda enjoy 'Big City Life' so HCMC was the natural choice. 
Could you guys give me a hint of what area to stay (central) and a thing or two about where to p4p. 
Thanks!

District 1 is where the bulk of the action is. Buy Vien is the “walking street” tons of bars/massage and eats. Pasteur street has girly bars and your mileage may vary as with Apocalypse. Bait and switch often happens on apps - wechat/line etc. It’s more pricy than Bangkok for mongering but can still be enjoyable (1-1.5 million dong is as cheap as it comes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon36

What’s the beach resort like there about 2 hours by ferry away